Start by marking “The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)

The Faerie Guardian

(Creepy Hollow #1)

This a previously-published edition of ASIN B009S9DV9G

Enter a hidden world of magic, mystery, danger and romance in this YA fantasy from Amazon bestselling author, Rachel Morgan...

Protecting humans from dangerous magical creatures is all in a day’s work for a faerie training to be a guardian. Seventeen-year-old Violet Fairdale knows this better than anyone—she’s about to b
Published October 27th 2012 by Rachel Morgan

To ask other readers questions about The Faerie Guardian, please sign up.
April While no sex, alcohol or drugs, there is violence against children and young adults. The main character has to deal with having to kill someone and de…moreWhile no sex, alcohol or drugs, there is violence against children and young adults. The main character has to deal with having to kill someone and deal with betrayal.
I guess it depends on how sensitive your daughter is to violence.(less)

Start your review of The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)
Ben Alderson
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REALLY enjoyed this book! I read it all within one day during my scottish adventures!

Perfect book for the mood of scotland and its beauty!

FAST paced also!
So what can you expect in this book

STEAMY ROMANCE
KIDNAPPING
AND
AND
AWESOMENESS!

I really enjoyed this book and am so excited to carry on with the series in the future!
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

First off I love the purple cover!!! But the book sort of fell flat for me. Sooooo many people love it and I was loving it in the beginning and then just. . . nothing. I don't know what happened.

I give it three stars for holding my interest in the beginning and I love Violet's character. She's makes a pretty good faerie in training to be a Guardian. She's pretty bad to the bone for being only seventeen but I guess age doesn't really matter in the fae world.

I do have the second book and will re
Andrew Leon
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
"The Faerie Guardian" started off on the wrong foot with me. It's not really the fault of the book or the author. I mean, I'm the one with the thing against first person/present tense presentation. But it is first/present, and I couldn't stop myself from groaning inwardly when I started reading it. And this example is pretty typical of the stuff I've read using first/present, so it did nothing to distinguish itself for me. But, you know, I get that that style is popular, right now, so I can hard ...more
Veronica Morfi
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5/5

This is the first book in the Creepy Hollow series. It is also the introduction of the main character, Violet, of the first trilogy. Violet is a Fae guardian in training and in her last mission she finds a human boy,Nate, that can actually see her and to top that he somehow manages to come with her to the Fae world where no humans are allowed. After that a crazy adventure begins, saving kids, discovering Nate's past and Violets own history in the Fae world are only part of it.

When
Anastasia シ
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, arc, favorites, authors-m
First, I want to say that I love, love LOVE, the cover!

The story took place in the human realm and in Creepy Hollow. The descriptions of the settings and action scenes were more than I could have hoped for, they were so detailed. The way the author described Creepy Hollow, all of beautiful colors,
the tall trees, nature, and paranormal creatures, was very realistic, like Creepy Hollow actually existed. I was super impressed.

The main character is Violet [but goes by the name Vi] She's 17-year-old,
Lilia
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was seriously so amazing, and I really loved how it was the kind of book that made you want to keep reading one more chapter
Jun 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I had this book recommended by my book bestie. And I wanted to LOVE it. And it was good. But it was also predictable. I was calling things before they happened throughout the book. To save it though, the book did become unpredictable at the end, but it was like the last 20% and that was the best part. Actually I thought the book ended a bit prematurely. And it had all this bonus material at the end, but what I really wanted was more of the book doing what it did in the last quarter. So there was ...more
Kevin
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, audiobook, ya
I like the world building that Morgan has accomplished in this rather short novel. Faerie works kinda like the Tardis, the large training facility is a tree from the outside but once you enter It's just like a regular building, except for the magic clouds in the lobby that is.
Vi is a likeable lead character and Ryn is pretty good as her bad boy nemesis. Nate is less well defined but he really appears off screen for most of the 2nd half of the novel. I'm intrigued to see where the story goes so I
Erin
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-pnr-favorites
I wasn't sure I was going to get into this one at first, the similarities to the Iron Fey series made it kind of lag for me for awhile. But Vi grew on me, snarky tough-as-nails guardian that she is, and I ended up really liking her in the end.

All of her years of training couldn't have prepared Vi for meeting and falling for the human boy Nate who happens to stumble into the faerie paths. He's not supposed to be there, and it's putting a huge kink in her plans to earn the title of the top guardi
annika
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy Readers
The Faerie Guardian completely met my expectations. I have read other books by Ms. Rachel Morgan, and I loved them. This one also adds to my pile of favorites from her.

The story is set in the land of Creepy Hollow, and the author does a wonderful job of world-building. You can easily picture how beautiful the magical woods are. It truly takes me to a new place, and it's magical.

The characters are unforgettable. Violet is a kick-butt fairy trainee, a girl who every reader can look up to. She's st
Dianne
From the beautiful cover, that is so faerie-like, to the last page, The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan is a trip into a magical world where Guardian-in-training Violet Fairdale, our wonderfully refreshing heroine rules supreme! What is a Guardian? A Guardian protects humans from the evil of others in the magical realm, unseen by humans, of course. Violet is tough, driven and so alone within the walls she has built, it hurts to read, but she hides it well, uses the losses she has faced in life ...more
Carlyle Labuschagne
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Wow! First of all, this is so not my genre. How ignorant of me, assuming all Faerie books would be sweet and girly. How stupid of me as a writer not to consider the possibilities... Rachel I adored this book, devoured it! A very talented author, who works magic with words and scenes. I loved it from page one, action... action.. action... romance... action...romance and some sad and broken scenes, conflict and magic. Everything to keep you on your toes all the way through. I didnt want it to end.
Essie (Midknight.traveller)

The story itself was interesting but it's the writing that put me off. I don't have anything against it being in present first person but for some reason it didn't work that well. It was the story itself that made me read further. Some of the obvious plot holes and stupidity on the mc's part had me rolling my eyes quite a bit but the book still had me surprised towards the end and I'm curious as to what will happen next. One of the bigger problems I had with the book was that I didn't f
Coco.V
Dec 30, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/30/2017)! 💝
Melissa Delport
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tsbc-authors
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! To be honest, I found the beginning a little slow but Nate's betrayal kicked the story into hyperdrive and that's when I become really engrossed!
Rachel has also managed to capture the 17-year-old perspective. The dialogue is very "teenish" which validates the characters, rather than being annoying. A fantastic debut novel... Moving on to book 2 now!
*reread feb 2017*
Marianna
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, summer-reads, ya
*3.5 stars*

-This was so much more fun than I expected!!!
-I think I'm rooting for the wrong ship so there's that
-I LOVED VIOLET AS A MAIN CHARACTER, she was so snarky and badass GO GIRL
-RYN!
-I loved the fairie world (don't I always)
-GIVE ME THE SEQUEL NOW!
-Main problem: I wanted a lil bit more world building
Becky Moynihan
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m hooked! Well and truly. Never a dull moment, super creative and intriguing world-building, excellent characters, high stakes, an unexpected plot twist, a snarky kick-butt heroine, swoony boys, and lots and lots of cool magic! Now excuse me, I gotta go dive into book two!!
Ashley
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA paranormal fans
Recommended to Ashley by: The Paranormal Bookshelf
Shelves: kindle
I bought this book off of the kindle store when it was free. I am a part of the Review Team @ The Paranormal Bookshelf.

Category: paranormal, Young Adult (YA), Fae
Spoilers: NONE
Book #1 in the Creepy Hollow Series

As we are reading this as a group on our blog, I really didn't have any expectations when I began this book. I loved the new cover but had the old cover on my Kindle since I got it a while back ago and just hadn't read it yet. The new cover is way better than the old FYI. I also haven'
Norah Una Sumner
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers,young-adult readers
Real rating: 4.5

Such a fun book!I loved the characters,the story,the writing-everything was amazing.The main character,Violet,is very funny and charming.You will love her from the very beginning. The whole world of faeries is extremely well explained and you can immediately imagine it in your head.There are a lot of twists in this book,and one moment that will pretty much make you go:

description

The thing that blew me away was the fighting.I usually don't enjoy reading fighting parts,I pretty much get bored
Angi Naerebout
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really good! I love stories with faeries and this was a great one. Very interesting ideas about how their world works and the world building was spectacular. It wasn't weird or choppy, it was perfect. I enjoyed the whole story and was excited to finish and start the next book. I did think the story between Violet and Nate could have been developed better, it would have been nice to have more details regarding their interactions. It would have made this a 5 star for me. Just because their relatio ...more
Tasha
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, fantasy

I LOVED THIS SO MUCH and I'm going to buy the next book NOW
SO MANY FEELS
Karissa
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got this book to read on audiobook. The audiobook was decently done but not wonderful. The main heroine has a very chirpy voice which doesn’t match her character all that well. Additionally a lot of the male voices sounded similar (particularly Nate and Ryn).

I really didn’t like the beginning of this book. The story was just too simple and too silly; the beginning is all about Nate following Vi into faerie and getting her into trouble and the chaos that follows when she tries to get him back
Danii
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a huge let down for me. I saw this while browsing on Overdrive for an audiobook to listen to, and I thought it sounded great. I was very wrong.
I could barely keep focus on this book. The storyline was dull and boring, the characters were boring, and I just couldn't connect to them.
There really was no point to the entire book from what I can see. Everything was just kind of random and all over the place. I also didn't care for any of the characters at all. Violet was annoying, and t
April
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Faerie Guardian instantly intrigued me with it's beautiful cover and vivid descriptions. I love how immersed I felt in the faerie realm and how the author's writing style seemed to really bring that world to life for me. Of course I always enjoy a spunky strong heroine and Violet filled that role perfectly. Another thing that I liked about the authors writing was that it gave us some back story throughout the book without it ever feeling forced or like a history lesson. I never like giving ...more
Sarah Elizabeth
Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

This book started out alright, but the pace really dragged! I listened to the first half, and it seemed to take forever to get through it, and when I switched to reading it properly it got even worse! Have to say that I did lose interest in this one, and was glad when it was finished.

6 out of 10
Annette
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Advise to myself: Quit reading free digital copies of first books in series. You'll wanna know how it continues and you'll visit Amazon to get those books, even though you had promised to save up some money on your savings account. Did I already tell how incredibly horrible I am with book bans? Well, this is why.

I discovered Rachel Morgan through City of Wishes and I was really curious to see if this book would be just as great. And the answer is yes. I have to admit, after reading the first 100
Zuleeza
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
You can find this review plus character bio from this blog post

Another faerie book. Just what I need because I know I haven't read enough of good faerie books. :P

Firstly, can I just quickly comment on the blurb. "That is, until a cute human boy who can somehow see through her faerie glamour follows her into the fae realm.". A cute human boy? Well...on normal days, I would just forget about the book straight away if I came across the words 'a cute human boy'. I don't know...it sounds...shallow?

An
Carol
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THE FAERIE GUARDIAN (Creepy Hollow #1)

• ⭐️: 4,0/5

💬: I found out recently that I am a sucker for faerie books, so when I discovered this series called Creepy Hollow I knew that I needed to read!

This first one follows the story of Violet, she is a faerie guardian that fights creatures and protects humans, and her life starts to go crazy when she saves a human boy and he can see her. A cute romance with many twists and magic that will make you excited whenever Violet is fighting evil things!

I
Paige Marie
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was addicting. Onto the next one :)

• Distant Dreams
  • Guardian Unraveled (Fallen Guardians #3)
  • Revival (The Variant Series, #1)
  • The Shadows (Shadows, #1)
  • From Gods (Descendant Prophecies, #1)
  • Broken Fate (Threads of the Moirae, #1)
  • Dark Promise (Between Worlds, #1)
  • The Ultimate Sacrifice (The Gifted Teens, #1)
  • Discipline (Omega Queen #1)
  • Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale, #1)
  • Summer Alone (Summer Alone, #1)
  • A Lonely Magic
  • School of Potential (The Kerrigan Kids Book 1)
  • Deep Blue Secret (The Water Keepers, #1)
  • Dark Hunt (Shadow and Light, #1)
  • Che nessuno s'innamori
  • Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)
  • Making the Rules
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination. These days she spends much of her ...more

Creepy Hollow (9 books)
  • The Faerie Prince (Creepy Hollow, #2)
  • The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow, #3)
  • A Faerie's Secret (Creepy Hollow, #4)
  • A Faerie's Revenge (Creepy Hollow, #5)
  • A Faerie's Curse (Creepy Hollow, #6)
  • Glass Faerie (Creepy Hollow, #7)
  • Shadow Faerie (Creepy Hollow, #8)
  • Rebel Faerie (Creepy Hollow, #9)

News & Interviews

“I would have thought you’d pay more attention to your closest competition.”
“I would—if you were competition worth paying attention to.”
27 likes
“Is that what you were doing in my room?” he asks after a moment.
I sigh. Why am I telling him any of this? “Yes. I was on assignment.”
“I was your assignment?”
“Yes.”
He hesitates a moment, then grins. “That’s kind of hot.”
23 likes