Start by marking “Always Yours” as Want to Read:
Always Yours

Always Yours

Sophie is young, beautiful, and runs her own magazine. She loves her life, her job, her friends, in fact, she has everything she wants. What she doesn't have, however, is the man she has been in love with for the past five years.

Michael once crushed her feelings, after taking her innocence. After all this time, she should have forgotten him, but she is still desperately in
Kindle Edition, 1, 124 pages
Published September 17th 2012 by Raven Books

To ask other readers questions about Always Yours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always Yours

Start your review of Always Yours
Juliet
A handsome man with great personality...
A beautiful lady with a strong character...
A sweet romance that made you smile as you read...

Sophie, a career woman, had not been able to get over her first love, Michael Ade-Cole for more than five years. They were separated five year ago all just because of a single word....Sorry. When the two of them finally met again, sparks flew but one of them is now engaged. Why did that 'Sorry' caused Sophie to break all contacts with Michael? Two obviously deeply
Carrie
Sophie is hard working and runs her own magazine, Living Lagos. She's had one real heart break, something or rather someone who she has never really stopped loving, Michael Ade-Cole. She hasn't seen him in years. She couldn't bring herself to talk to him, not matter how much her tried to get in contact with her. All because of one little word, sorry. One little word read into the wrong way. Now Micheal is back in town, just as handsome but he's not alone.

Always Yours is a very sweet and light r
Literary Everything
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This book is the first of the Lagos Romance Series by Somi. These contemporary romance books offer a glimpse into the love lives of young, working class or wealthy Nigerians. These stories give you a feel of Lagos, Nigeria with the challenges from infrastructural deficits like poor power supply and incessant traffic jams but without the usual focus on poverty only. You also get a glimpse into the lives of middle class family traditions like visiting your parents on Sundays if you live ...more
Estelle
Dec 19, 2012 rated it liked it
sweet
Anna
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sweet story. I liked the characters and enjoyed the glimpse into another culture. Read in one sitting :).
Ayo Joy
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely story with just a bit of heat

Sophie totally missed the boat on Michael. It took her the majority of the story to discover the truth as well as admit it to herself. Wish these two could have gotten it together sooner. It was an enjoyable story nevertheless.
Margaret
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Pleasant read

Nice romance set in Lagos. Characters are well formed and the story line moves along smoothly. Quick read but very nicely done!
Joy
Sep 10, 2013 rated it liked it

124 pages

Five years later Michael is back in Sophie’s life but he’s not alone. Very successful in every other area of her life one look at Michael and she’s suddenly taking an emotional nose dive, swinging uncontrollably between moments of regret, of euphoria and deeply ingrained doubt and the ever present censure at her own thoughts and actions.

What I love most about first person pov and this is Sophie’s story, is getting deep inside the characters head to witness the good, the bad and the ugl
Nana Prah
Jul 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoy romance novels which are initially based on friendship. From the very beginning of Sophie and Michael’s encounter the reader feels the undercurrent flow of attraction between them. This attraction ends up exploding, eventually leading to the drama of the story.

A stubborn woman who is not able to express herself well when it comes to matters of the heart makes for a good romance novel, there is absolutely no doubt about that. I’ll admit that Sophie had me wanting to shake her a few times
Taylor
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story takes place in Nigeria. One of the first books I've read set there. Some of the dialect was different but the story was still a good read.

Sophie met Michael in college. She was so focused on her work and not being turned out by the upper class men. She was determined not to have a relationship for at least the first two years of college. What she found was a lovely friendship with Michael. Michael, was set to graduate from college within the year. He and Sophie had a great friendship
Tobi Roberts
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stayed up all night reading this. Was hooked from the get go. So romantic and a beautiful story.
Jo Notary
169p Michael Ade-Cole once broke her heart, and left Sophie when she needed him most. She cut him out of her life completely, but that doesn't change the fact that almost five years later, she is still desperately in love with him.
The best way to get over someone is to see them again, or so they say. So when Sophie engineers a meeting with Michael, all she wants, is to finally be able to forget him, or so she tells herself.
But as soon as she sees him again, she realizes that she wants him as mu
Kristine
Feb 02, 2014 rated it liked it
This was an ok romance. Girl loves boy since forever, he comes back they reconnect. Sometimes I just wanted to shake them. She was so sure she knew how he felt, but refused to hear him out or talk to him. He stupidly decides to marry someone else since he thinks she doesn't love him. So stupid that they didn't just talk to each other. Frustrating. The writing wasn't bad and the side characters seemed interesting. Might read another one of her books but not right away.
Jessica
May 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, romance, nigeria
A short and sweet story. It is an ok romance with a fairly good plot (discounting the fact that the whole misunderstanding was a tiny silly thing, but who knows, sometimes life can be weird like that.) I felt that the writing could have been even more refined but as a self-published book it is not bad indeed. My edition needed more thorough checking for typos, errors and lots of unnecessary close inverted commas.
Kemka Ezinwo
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An interesting love story about a girl whose self-preservation got in the way of true love. Fate brings him back to her but with strings attached – he is engaged. A quick, witty read. I love the fact that she want to write romance novels set in Nigeria. More grease to elbow. I look forward to reading Hidden Currents.
sade
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good Read

Good Read

I thought this book had a great love story......Nigerian love is much like our love.....I was delighted to read something so beautifully thought out and well written....loved it!!!!!
Eryn
Dec 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Sweet, well written romance if you can get over the stupidity of the main character.
Shathara
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, own, clean
Absolutely LOVED it. Nigeria is a new setting I have never read about and it Worked!!
Carla Smith
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting Read

Very intriguing and a little suspenseful. You find yourself rooting for the characters from the time you first meet them.
Remi Roy
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Somi's writing is crisp and clear. I caught the book when it was free on Kindle and I enjoyed it so much I had to buy Hidden Currents!
Great job!
Aneta
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, romance, kindle
Sweet story of two people who in result of misunderstanding and lack of communication seperate for 5 years during which they can't forget what they got.
Nikki Morrison
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Can You Keep a Secret?
  • The Other Wife
  • After The Storm
  • Destiny Mine (Destiny Series, #2)
  • Midwife to Destiny (Destiny Series, #1)
  • From Pasta to Pigfoot
  • You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity
  • Crash the Chatterbox: Hearing God's Voice Above All Others
  • The Trouble with Hating You
  • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)
  • Behind Every Successful Man
  • Harmattan Rain
  • Hidden Blessings
  • Of women and frogs
  • Beyond the Horizon
  • The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives
  • On Black Sisters Street
Somi loves to read. She is a sucker for romance and can usually be found sighing over the exquisite love stories she consumes regularly.

In 2012, she started publishing the story that became Always Yours, as a blog serial at www.lagosromanceseries.com. It was later published as a novel. Her other books include Hidden Currents, the standalone sequel to Always Yours, as well as a short story, Jungle