Start by marking “The Missing Years of Thomas Pritchard” as Want to Read:
The Missing Years of Thomas Pritchard

The Missing Years of Thomas Pritchard

August 3rd. 6:03am.

The tranquil summer’s morning was shattered by the desperate screams of Thomas’ mother echoing down the near deserted suburban street. The few people milling about outside getting ready for their daily business had said they couldn’t make out what the cries were about when they were interviewed. Not initially. Not until Anne, a pretty woman in her early
Published September 24th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Missing Years of Thomas Pritchard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Missing Years of Thomas Pritchard

Kittykorn
I really LOVED this book! It was so touching and heartbreaking, its gone straight on my favourite shelf, highly recommend this to everyone. I'm starting to see Matt Shaw in a whole new light.
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is the story of Thomas. He disappears from his bed suddenly when he is five. His parents never give up hope of finding him but eventually move on with their lives. Then 9 years later he turns up on the doorstep of their old house. No one knows where he has been but they are glad he is back. For Thomas he has many things to get used to, like a new sister and life back with his parents. Then strange things start happening around the house and Thomas begins to look like he is ageing....

This is
Emily
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I did like this book, but when I finished, I was disappointed .. it could've been so much more! It has a great premise, but the dialogue didn't feel natural to me, and there wasn't much in the way of character development. I wanted to really KNOW the characters and everything about their situation. The timeline felt too rushed - I couldn't get myself really involved in the story.
Frankie Yates
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I started this while in the bath. I ended up being in the bath for a lot longer than I expected. The water was cold and full of tears by the time I got out. This is definitely now one of my all time favourite books, it's incredible and I've never read anything like it. It was in my kindle library for so long and I'm kicking myself that I didn't read it sooner.
Valerie Sparkle
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story! I loved this one so much! It's very different from what I am used to reading by this author. It really touched my heart and surprised me. This is definitely one of my favorites.
Lesslie
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really really enjoyed this book,!! something different by Matt but a wonderful book! Hope Matt continues to write more stories like The Missing Years!!!! Thanks again Matt for another wonderful book!!!!
Julie
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story, touching, poignant

Read a lot, this story kept my interest beginning to end. People you would like to know, a father you would love to have.
Rachel Bustin
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I only gave it four stars as it was too short! I wanted more!
✿Claire✿
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sorrowful yet fun, moving and interesting. This book was a short but enjoyable read and not what I was expecting.
Doreen Dalesandro
Sandra
Feb 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Biography

MATT SHAW was born, quite by accident (his mother tripped, he shot out) September 30th 1980 in Winchester hospital where he was immediately placed on the baby ward and EBay. Some twelve years later (wandering the corridors of the hospital and playing with road kill when he was on day release), the listing closed and he remained unsold, he was booted out of the hospital to start his life a