Start by marking “Up in Arms” as Want to Read:
Up in Arms

Up in Arms

When Reed Kensington--ruthless attorney, self-made millionaire and handsome playboy--returns from abroad and accepts a position with a prestigious law firm in his hometown, he believes his life is perfect. Reed never expected a chance meeting with an auburn-haired temptation to make him cross-examine his life or his future.

Trevor West, a military special ops team member,
Published September 25th 2012 by Phaze Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Up in Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Up in Arms

Vio
I tried so hard, I really did, but this was just plain terrible, soap opera anyone? There is not one redeeming factor I can point out, I did search for it but nope, none to be found. There were several WTF moments, the flowery, sickly, fawning was enough to drown me and the book in its sugary sickness. My favourite new word (not) is "handsome" which was used and abused so many times throughout, I was so sick and tired of it, I could have strangled Reed and the book if I had to hear it one more t ...more
Keagan Kruze
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I haven't given my opinion! I LOVE THIS BOOK! ITS WONDERFUL! PERFECT! COULDNT BE BETTER! And all those words the sock puppet below think Kindle's friends are saying because I AM ONE! I have been lucky because I have been with Kindle from the very beginning! I got to enjoy the fan fiction she wrote on facebook all those years ago, all the way to Up in Arms. I LOVE IT! I'm super proud of Kindle and I'm super proud THIS BOOK is sitting in the Amazon Best Selling spot! Have I said I ...more
Simsala
There`s no chance this clusterfuck is going to get any better - only worse,so...
DNF 50%

A book like this will always have an audience swooning over it (with a sideways glance at the gushing reviews and high ratings it already has...) like every outdated Harlequin romance novel ever had or has.

That`s exactly what it is. 100% Harlequin ivory-tower mutant pulled out of the relic box, dusted-off, converted from m/f to m/m without making the necessary adjustments for being it two men, spiked with mild
Geoff & Randall
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance Male Fiction readers
Recommended to Geoff & Randall by: Casey Tuttle
Randall loved it too. He's telling me he's my Reed and I keep telling him I'm Reed. I'm Reed!

This book was emailed to me by a florist friend. One of the first books I have read in a long time that shows a gay man act even close to how a gay man acts. Gay romance turned so hetrosexual it turned me off years ago. It was actually nice to have a fantasy of having a Reed. I liked it, stayed up late to finish it. My husband's reading it now. It was a sweet romance, not rocket science, but still it was
Soxie
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WOW, what can I say this one brings out all emotions, I smiled, I laughed ,I got angry and I even cried, I love Reed he is enough to make anyones tummy to flip flops, what is not to love about him. Then you have Trevor I just wanted to give him a big hug he is so adorable and just so sweet and shy, Then you have Brody, Man I wanted to shake him a few times lmao all in all this is a great story, it pulled me in from the start, you can so lose time when reading this book as you just don't want to ...more
Kylie
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG 5 stars is just not enough....I absolutely loved this book and couldn't put it down, "just one more page before i go to bed". I finished this book in 2 days and can not wait to dive into the other books she has written.

The story just seemed to flow from start to finish, the way the characters interacted on the page it was as if I was standing right there in the room watching it all unfold.

An absolutely brilliant book!!!!
Tina
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

Never read this author before, but I'll be back for more!!!

Great character building, beautiful romance with an epilogue that makes all of us who love HAPPY EVER AFTER proud.

Having my husband, then my daughter and son both serve our country (Air Force) during war time this one has a special place in my heart.
Kylie
Recommends it for: Erotica, Romance, M/M, readers
Recommended to Kylie by: Kindle Alexander
Shelves: first-read
A beautifully written story of courage and unbridled love. Though a M/M romance it is set apart from others by it's sweetness and the honesty in both the males actions and heartfelt emotions. It is refreshing to see the softer side of two physically dominant males. One whom is a solider, a nations hero and the other an extremely confident and wealthy lawyer, together they face life changing events whilst, learning to conquer every obstacle to keep them apart. Needless to say I loved this book an ...more
Lachi
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, gay-romance, military
Props to Kindle Alexander for going outside the norm and writing a story of heartwarming romance. All gay males are not hardcore, screw everything that moves. I believe your story accurately portrays a true love story of two men willing to face emotion in a modern day world. Kindle,just remember this...opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and some of them stink.
Lisa
Shelves: fav, kindle
Wow!!!! How can you not fall in love with Reed and Trevor.I was hooked from the start.Times I lmao!! The elevator loved it!! It also pulled at your heart strings. You need to read this book. LOVED IT!!!!!
Christian Black
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rating 4.5

I must be a sucker for a good old fashion love story. It has everything. Action, romance, fear, sorrow. I didnt want it to end. It was good. Worth the money and read. I see why this is a best seller we need more like this. It's good to just read a good story. Recommend me more like this one.
Kim
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING...AWESOME...STUNNING...Kindle has given us a much longer prose this time and I loved every word, I laughed out loud, I cried, I stayed up way to late reading and woke up early to finish. I'm a Kindle fanatic FOREVER!!!
Ely
Oct 03, 2012 rated it did not like it
The worst part about rating this book is that I'm not allowed to rate it negative stars. This book was awful. Truly, one of the first books I have given up on at 80% because I just could NOT take how bad it was anymore. You must understand, I have OCD. When I start something, I MUST FINISH IT, or else I won't be able to continue on my next task, but not even my OCD could push me to continue this atrocity. The writing is really bad. The plot had potential but it was so badly executed, it could no ...more
Annie-lynne
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I thought it was very good and I love the word handsome when Reed says it to Trevor! I read romance. Its hard to find good male/male romance. I laughed and cried and love the happily ever after. It moved quickly, I wish there was more to some of it, but the swept off your feet thing was cool. Worth the read!
Victoria  love books
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Overall book rating: 5 Strar
Audio book: N/A
Book cover: 3 Stars

What an amazing story!!!!! I just love Kindle Alexander.
This was an amazing love story with so much soul and emotion.

description
J.T. Cheyanne
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, gay-romance
You knocked it out of the park Kindle. Wonderful romantic read. Trevor and Reed share a beautiful love despite hardships and obstacles. I enjoyed every minute spent with these two.
Stephanie
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, military
Traci Kurtz
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I understand some of the complaints by the 1 star reviews but I still liked it. So I'll address some of those points.

1. Flowery language -yes it is a little syrupy and not entirely natural but not to the point it ruined the book for me.

2. Unrealistic plotlines & soap opera feel- yes they fell in love very quickly but Trevor being hurt in the line of duty happens all the time. And the reporter breaking the story I can see that happening. in fact I think something similar wa
Caigh Waters
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Kindle Alexander a wonderful story. Reed and Trevor are wonderful characters. The story was entertaining, passionate and very moving.
Up In Arms is beautifully written, pulling the reader in and connecting them to the characters. I couldn't help but love these guys.
I wouldn't dream of missing a book by this author.
Kindle Alexander continues to deliver exactly what I am looking for in this genera and I can't wait to read the next.
Stefanie
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!
Really there are no words that can express the love these two men have for each other. The pain, pleasure, hurt, loss, all of it is felt in Kindle Alexanders writing. Truly had me hooked from the first page, and i didnt put it down till i finished it.
I would recommend this to anyone who loves a little m/m/ action.
Hot! Steamy! Passionate!
GO READ THIS BOOK!!!!
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
2.5 Stars

But, this book simply felt very unrealistic, very sappy and very sweet. I do adore this writers works , and I tried really I did. But, this book was not for me.
Fate Mckinley
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love these characters. Oh, Reed... I couldn't help but fall in love. Thank you Kindle Alexander for a book filled with fun, and laughter, and deep emotion. I was hooked and I'm so glad I found this one.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3 stars***

Reed, Reed, Reed.

I loved Reed. He was confident in who he was, knew what he wanted and wasn't afraid to go after it. His sly moves, smooth talking and debonaire good looks wooed not only Trevor, but myself right along with him.

Shy and introverted Trevor was a great counterbalance to Reed's charismatic personality. His quiet demeanor was such an interesting contrast to his confident and rugged soldier life.

Reed and Trevor's meeting and coupling was insta love/lust, but I felt it w
DaisyGirl
1.5 Stars

Reed Kensington is a mega-rich, uber-successful gay playboy/attorney who is home for his brother's wedding. Trevor West is a bad-ass sniper marine and part of Reed's brother's special ops team. Trevor is gay; he's never told anyone nor has he acted on it. He has an unrequited crush on fellow marine and one of his BFFs, Brody. Trevor and Reed meet at the wedding and sparks fly. They fall in love but have to fight evil journalists and bastardy bigots to gain their HEA.

Um, I didn't like th
Trisha Harrington
This book is for all those sappy fans like myself. I'm a very proud fan of the sap in books and I always loved Marines in books. As most people know I normally love books like this and I tend to rave about them in my reviews. So why the 3 star rating? It would say it's more 3.5 because it was an easy enough read. I did have issues with it though.

The book starts and Trevor has a crush on his best friend Brody. Then at his other friend, Rylies wedding he meets Reed. Rylies older brother. From ther
Shay
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was ok

MC just had his foot cut off but he's in the mood for sex? wtf....yeah right. And really was it necessary for the MC to be injured that badly and Not even have any mention of it in the blurb? I would have liked a hint of this because if I had know about this I don't think I would have purchased this book, in fact the whole book reads more like a Blaze Harlequin novel. Trevor character just didn't click for me...his whole persona just felt off for some reason. Then the whole outing plot felt like
Mihaela
Mar 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
A good start for Kindle as an author. Not as good as her other books but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Loved Trevor and Reed.
Jacq ~
Oct 16, 2012 rated it liked it
OMG the chemistry was HOT !

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a couple of smexy scenes, but well worth it. An extra plus was how Mrs. Alexander, manage to put a whole lot of action in a true love story. Yessssss a HEA sigh... my kind of story.
Just absolutely loved it!
Catherine
I liked the characters, thought the plot was well-arced, and appreciated the themes the novel dealt with concerning the difficulties of being gay and in the military (even after the repeal of DADT) and the personal and professional challenges that come with being severely wounded in the line of duty. However, the insta-love and Reed's overly formal dialogue (speech patterns which somehow slipped into Trevor's dialogue as well by the end of the book) still killed this one for me. I'm not at all s ...more
Sasha (seetheworldwithbooks)
Hfffff i would have liked it IF ONLY:

A. The main characters talked like men. Seriously, all the way up from the beginning to the end was just too cheesy. I cringed inwardly everytime Reed opened his mouth and said something like:
'Handsome, what do you want to drink?'
'You are the love of my life, Handsome"
'My heart beats for you, Handsome'

The banter between them was so cheesy to the point where i found it very unrealistic. Men didn't talk like that. And all the things Reed did for Trevor....ugh i
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Up in Arms by Kindle Alexander 23 19 Apr 12, 2015 10:40AM

• Waves Break My Fall
  • Ty Hard (Willow Springs Ranch, #1)
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #0.5)
  • Robert's VP
  • Unconditional Surrender
  • Blue Moon II: This Is Reality (Blue Moon, #2)
  • Stretching Limits (Exploring Limits, #2)
  • Aftermath: Guts and Glory
  • Marking Time
  • A Betting Man (Men of Manhattan, #1)
  • Stripped Bare
  • Swept Away
  • Conduct Unbecoming (Conduct Unbecoming, #1)
  • A Marine Affair (Always a Marine, #13)
  • John Henry's Beautiful Charlie (Special Operations, #1)
  • Almost
  • Black Hawk Tattoo
  • Six Ways from Sunday (Southern Scrimmage #1)
Website: www.kindlealexander.com