Start by marking “Rozkol (Tajný kruh, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rozkol (Tajný kruh, #4)

Rozkol

(The Secret Circle #4)

Poprvé od té doby, co se Cassie Blakeová přistěhovala do New Salemu, se cítí normálně. Chodí s Adamem, svou spřízněnou duší, a má ve městě kamarády. Ale tajný klan čarodějek, do kterého patří, a moc, kterou díky němu nabyla, jí však normální život nedopřejí. Když Tajný kruh stihne tragédie, Cassie si uvědomí, že být výjimečná může být i prokletí.

Na Tajný kruh útočí neznámý
Published by CooBoo (first published January 1st 2012)

Isabella
If this won't be written by L.J.Smith herself: screw you. I won't read it.

--------------

Ok, I see...
No L.J.Smith? Then, how can I say? Ah! I got this: Isa+The Divide=Not compatible.

(No Lisa No party)
Daylighter
Mar 27, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: never-ever-reads
I won't read any of the ghostwritten books for The Secret Circle series or The Hunters series. By giving a 1 star to these books, I'm showing my dislike for Alloy Entertainment & HarperCollins for firing L.J. Smith. They are not allowing her to write her books the way she wanted, because they only care about what sells and don't have any respect for story telling at all.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here's the letter L.J. Smith wrote herself to her fans regarding the is
Shelves: to-not-read
ANOTHER secret circle book? Gahh I hate tv shows!

Drivin' me nuts.

HEY EVERYONE! Is your one-star rating not powerful enough? Give each edition of the book one star! That way, it'll make a big impact! I brought the book from 3.75 to 3.36 from my three one-stars. >:D

Great. Another great franchise taken away from LJ. Just let the damn woman write her own book. It wouldn't kill you to be kind.
I have lost all respect for Alloy. It's a damned shame they publish PLL, because if they didn't, I'd aban
Cat's Review
Feb 24, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one!
This book will not be written by L.J. Smith. It is not a continuation of her original trilogy and L.J. has no say in what will happen to her beloved characters. This will be written by a ghostwriter. L.J. Smith has been removed from this series (as well as The Vampire Diaries). Please show your support for L.J. Smith and do not purchase this book!
Gabrielle
I was estatic for a minute there... I thought for just a moment that L. J. Smith actually wrote this. Then I thought- wait, the cover looks so different. Oh crap, it's not actually by her, just another ghost writer. I would love to have another Secret Circle book, but I want it to be a book by the original author.
Amber
Mar 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hate that they did this. Just give her series to someone else and use her name! I was so excited when I thought that there would be another Secret Circle book because I LOVED this series. I won't read it now because it's not written by L.J. Smith someone is taking her characters and they can do anything and everything with them and I'm afraid that it will end wrong. Because it ended perfectly now but they can't continue that because that's not exciting so they will change stuff and the ending ...more
Erika
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before:
As long as it's from the author herself.

After:
As many of you are aware, 'The Divide' is the fourth book in the Secret Circle series written not by L.J Smith but a ghost writer, Aubrey Clark. When I first heard of this news I was very disappointed and upset that the series could continue without the author who created the series from the very beginning. It did not make sense and it sounded like the worst idea at the time. Despite this, I gave it a shot wondering if Clark could really pull
Gina
Jul 05, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Anyone who LOVED the original trilogy by L.J. Smith (and I mean loved it as in read all of the books a million times) will HATE THIS BOOK!!!

Just as a note: This book was NOT written by L.J. Smith. I really think that Goodreads should FIX this. It was written by another author using L.J.'s characters. This book is really what the television series was based off of, which is why the series was no where near as good as the original books.

Why am I being so harsh? First of all the book starts out wit
Maisoon Al-mahrouqi
I have five words to say:
Off with the ghost writer's head.

No, wait, that was six words.
Clíodhna
If it isn't written by L.J. Smith, I'm not interested and if I do actually review it, it will be from the library and will be burnt after reading just so I can give it a bad review. The first three books were brilliant and if this is written by anyone other than L.J. Smith herself, it will NEVER be a part of the series. NEVER. That's all I will say.
Allison ☾
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. I knew going into it that this book was not actually written by L.J. Smith but I literally didn't care. The story is still good and the writing is good.

HOWEVER, the characters feel completely different. This story is central to each member of the Circle, and the whole tone felt off to me.

Diana, who was so sweet and just, is now rude to Outsiders and acts jealous towards Cassie.

Cassie, who stumbled along and was always guilty for her mistakes, who put loyalty to Diana and the Circle over e
Khristine Stain
Apr 22, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If its not written by L J Smith, its not a Secret Circle book. Basically its publisher approved fan fiction. While fan fiction may be fun and interesting (I have read much of it myself and consider it to be a love letter to the author for making such spectacular characters whom the readers refuse to say goodbye to), it is only appropriate when the ghost writer/fan fiction author is not making money off of someone else's intellectual property. And the ghost writers sure enough are being paid, oth ...more
Jamie R
Mar 19, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure if I would read this, because the situation LJ Smith is in with Alloy Entertainment is seriously uncool and I don't want to support this series going to a ghostwriter. But, I've waited twenty years for another Secret Circle book, so there's no way I can avoid my curiosity.

I'm on chapter 6, and this book sucks. SUCKS. It is very obviously written by someone who doesn't give a damn about the original series. The characters are WRONG, the writing is boring and off, and the timeline i
Ezmirelda
Feb 24, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-star
NOT AGAIN!! Argh! *shakes fists at Alloy Entertainment*

This is utterly disgusting. -_-

Bring back L.J Smith and stop using her name for profit when she clearly didn't write this.

In case anyone else thinks she actually wrote this book. A direct quote from L.J Smith's official website.

"Dear Summer—
There is a new SECRET CIRCLE book coming out in March called THE DIVIDE, but it is not by me. I cannot say more than that I signed a contract over twenty years ago. I can’t say any more than that. I’m so
♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties
I hereby refuse to read any of the ghost-written books for The Secret Circle series or The Hunters series. By giving a 1 star to these books, I am showing my dislike for Alloy Entertainment & HarperCollins for firing L.J. Smith as I believe The Secret Circle series and The Hunters series are the intellectural property of L.J. Smith and refuse to read publisher-approved fan-fiction.

Soz not soz.
Charlotte Hobbs
THIS IS A DISGRACE TO L.J.SMITH
HOW DARE THEY!!!!
1. THERE DIDNT NEED TO BE ANOTHER BOOK IT ENDED PERFECTLY
2. HOW COULD THEY SACK L.J.SMITH SHE IS AMAZING
3. THEN AFTER THE SACK HER CAN THEY STILL SAY SHE WROTE THE BOOK WHEN SHE DIDNT!!!!!!!!!!

okay rant over.

but I will NOT buy this book
Alicia Martinez
Jan 29, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I WILL NOT READ THIS GARBAGE!!!
Damn Alloy Entertainment.
Shaikha
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can clearly tell that this book wasn’t written by L.J. Smith and there were so many plot holes but I still loved and enjoyed every single page of it.❤ ...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
ou know, I didn't expect to like this book. I really loved the first Secret Circle books that I was a bit hesitant to read this one. I was taken away of how well the ghost writer, kept to the story line of The Secret Circle. I was expecting it to go off the grid and add all kinds of nonsense. Instead, I found myself happily in the shoes of Cassie and the circle, ready to do some magic!

What I loved most about this book is how well the story line didn't derive from what is originally was but still
Jessica Crawford
Jun 11, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am never brutal. I try to focus on the positives and normally I never say anything if I have nothing positive to say at all. But my, my, my. This is the first time I have felt so strongly. There was very little plot. The flow was all wrong, it didn't transistion well and it felt awkward. The dialogue was weak, the characters seemed weaker. She seemed to be going one way with Nick and then never developed that any further. The word of the day here was predictable. Anyone could have seen the big ...more
Rache
Jul 14, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: never-ever
Angela
Mar 03, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This is a disgrace. Alloy has violated my childhood.
Jackie
Oct 09, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sorry but i will not read this book by someone else than L.J Smith herself.

It doesn't feel right to read a book that's not written by the original author. Get what i mean?
Lamesauce.
Jessica
Another spellbinding pageturner, with yet again, annoyances. Cassie AGAIN refuses to listen to anyone and where does that get her? Sigh. I keep hoping this bitch will learn.

smh photo: SMH kevin2.gif
Kathy
Mar 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As mush as i want to know what'll happen next to the circle especially Nick(swoon), i can't purchase this book because it wasn't written by LJ herself and no longer legit. it's no different from a fan fiction. so why should i spend my money on this one when i can write my own CS fanfic?.

Lets all support Lisa j smith.
Lexi-304
This didn't feel like The Secret Circle. This felt like a poorly written FanFiction. So giving this book 3 stars was extremely generous. Don't get me wrong, I adore The Secret Circle series . . . but this wasn't technically the same series. This book was added about 20 years later and written by another author. If I hadn't had known it was another author I probably would have guessed, the writing style was really different. Not in a good way.

Diana was extremely annoying and seemed jealous most
Lauren the Book Slayer
Before I begin my review, it’s important for me to talk about The Secret Circle book series in general for those who might never have read them. The Secret Circle which has also recently been made into a TV series was created by author, L.J. Smith (other works include The Vampire Diaries, Night World, etc.). L.J. Smith first wrote and published three Secret Circle novels back in the early 90′s, The Initiation, The Captive, and The Power, however this latest book: The Divide was written by Aubrey ...more
Chloe
Mar 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As much as it upsets me that LJ Smith lost the rights to her stories I am going to look past that and review this as what is is, another Secret Circle Story.
The Ghost Writer, Aubrey Clark did emulate Smith's original characters well as well as add to the story in an interesting and convincing manor. And although it's a slap in the face to Smith and her fans Clark did a respectable job.
The plot didn't have me as intrigued as the original stories, in fact I feel like the CW has taken over the book
This book will be written by a ghostwriter 10 96 Sep 29, 2012 12:52PM
BookSpark: Let's Talk...Secret Circle! 6 36 May 10, 2012 04:27PM
Book Cover 3 15 Apr 12, 2012 05:33AM
I love the secret circle! 1 14 Mar 06, 2012 06:58PM
  • The Power (The Secret Circle, #3)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th

The Secret Circle (6 books)
  • The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1)
  • The Captive (The Secret Circle, #2)
  • The Power (The Secret Circle, #3)
  • The Hunt (The Secret Circle, #5)
  • The Temptation (The Secret Circle, #6)