Start by marking “Crush (Crush, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crush (Crush, #1)

Crush

(Crush #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  22,960 ratings  ·  1,311 reviews
Cami Wimberley has a plan, and that plan includes no room for boys—especially the big time party animal, Hunter Wilder, no matter how handsome and charismatic he is. She’s beautiful, a senior, extremely talented, gets good grades, and is working her way toward her dream college to be a musical theater major. Everything is perfect.

Hunter Wilder does not want a girlfriend—th
Published October 20th 2012 by Moonstruck Media (first published October 18th 2012)

·  22,960 ratings  ·  1,311 reviews

Michelle
3 Sweet Stars
This is one that started off really good and then kind of fell flat for me.
Hunter is the new guy at school. He's a bad boy who likes to party and has no time for a girlfriend. He's only been there for a few weeks and already became very popular. Hunter can't seem to not stare at the beautiful red head Cami that's in most of his class. Hunter also has a secret that nobody can find out.
Cami is very smart and pretty. The guys at school all notice that she's beautiful but they have he
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Quick Review -Spoiler Free
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: YA Romance

Cami Wimberley is a good girl and nothing is gonna change her reputation, not even when she starts dating Hunter Wilder the school bad boy.

'Yes, this girl was beautiful, and it was obvious I liked her....a lot. The truth was I really have no business messing with her. Red warning flags were dropping all over, and suddenly I felt like I was standing right in the middle of a potential minefield. One wrong step and everything would explode
Angela Bee Bee
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
***Free!*** On Amazon-->Crush (Crush series Book 1)

The writing is overly simple.
They speak in formal, complete sentences, inconsistent with their age.
There's very little subtext.
The characters are one dimensional.
There's continuity problems and typos.

And... I loved it!

Once I'd figured out the spoiler, (view spoiler),
some random box in my brain checked, and I became uncharacteristically tolerant and forgiving of the writing infractions.

Who kn
Jucilene
UGH!
What a ugly cover!!! [Period]

The story was very predictable and boring (The girl is dull and beyond her "unique auburn hair and green eyes" I didn't get why so many guys are obsessed with her). So I was almost quitting when I read this...

(view spoiler)
Orchita Rahman
Oct 22, 2012 rated it did not like it
Wow. This book was absolutely horrendous. I'm still in shock from how bad it was. The writing was extremely amateur. A book is a book for a reason. If you are published and are making money, please make sure that you can at least write well better than you talk. There were A TON of grammar mistakes. Quite frankly, I've read better amateur work than that.

The plot was so ripped off. I've read this same plot twice already, and both of them were much better executed than this. This was such a waste
Christy
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First off, I love this cover! Made me jump this to the top of my tbr list.
Cami is a good girl 'goody'. Hunter is, well... even though he's the new guy he has quite a reputation. Hunter has a pretty big secret that is keeping him at an arms length from everyone at his new school. Even though he knows he shouldn't be, he is drawn to Cami and he just can't stay away.
I have to say, I loved Cami. She was a great mc, and holy hotness Hunter! You just had to love him! At the beginning I really want
T.M. Smith
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Opposites attract in this latest novel from bestselling author Lacey Weatherford.

Cami Wimberley is the quiet, laid back, no nonsense good girl. Perfectly happy living her insanely normal life, being almost invisible as she finishes her senior year preparing for college. Hunter Wilder redefines the term bad boy with his smoldering good looks, charm and charisma. Polar opposite of Cami, he prefers the party animal life style, and is known at school as the ladies man. When these two collide sparks
Athena Elizabeth
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute story but wrong audience!

I was looking for something to fill my brain for a few hours and found this...

I usually don't go for YA romance but the thriller portion sounded interesting.

It really was not bad, but I am not the right audience for it. I read it in a 3 hour block and said "predictable." Also cute but I couldn't believe that the one MC ended up in the situation he did.

I also felt like the dialogue was not realistic for teenagers at times, it felt forced when there should have been b
Annie Brewer
Review to come! Brilliant and amazing!! 'Nuff said!

Edited Review:

So to start this review, I have to say I am a HUGE fan of Lacey's work. Ever since I read Chasing Nikki (which by the way, killed me but I still loved it), I knew Lacey had become a favorite author of mine. I was so excited to hear that she was writing another novel in that series, and I can't wait to get my nitty gritty hands on Finding Chase. I am impatiently waiting for the release! Anyway, so once I read the blurb and saw this
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
MORE!! MORE!!!!! MOREEEEEE!!!

I don't know what exactly were my expectations when I started to read this.. but this clearly wasn't it.

I'M BLOWN AWAY

JUST TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY....

BY YOU HUNTER!!!

HUNTERRRRR OH HUNTER... You're just my kind of guy!!

The story was really good. If I have to be totally honest, I'd say that I kinda figured out the twist in the middle. It was a little obvious to me, but I still had my doubts and as it turns out, I was right all along. It was beautiful. Cami may just be on
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Ugh, already paid for this one but...

Price drop to FREE at Amazon US, 3/17/14!
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
I was utterly surprised with the outcome of this book. I really didn’t know what kind of person Hunter Wilder was until the end. I was in shock, just like Cami, but I think I sobbed more than her.

A boy died right in front of her, asked for her help seconds before he took his last breath. After some investigation, Cami learned her schoolmate Jordan died due to drug overdose in his system.

Cami didn’t want to complicate her life so she just stay in the shadows, content with her family and best frie
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
I feel like yelling from the mountain tops
I KNEW IT!!! Knew it all before the end!
(view spoiler)

The guy on the cover looks like a creep and Hunter in the book looks Hot :P
I really liked Cami, She was amazing and nice and mature for her age
Clay, No worlds.
Hunter, I LOVE HIM <3 :D

7% into the book and just this 1 line and BAM! the cat was out of the b
Arti
Nov 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: clichéd

First things first. Clay and Cami reminded me A LOT of Simon and Clary from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I'm just saying that because both Simon and Clay were tagged as nerds (but Simon's like SO muh hotter and cooler), they were both in love with their best friends (even though Simon got over it and Clay's just a crazy loser freak), their best friends both have red hair, their best friends both get the "bad boy" (but Jace is MUCH better than Hunter)

Anyways, this was an okay
Millaray Acuña
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Nunca pero nunca pensé que este libro tendría ESE final.

Debo admitir que habían momentos en los que me aburría la cursileria de Hunter y Cami pero intentaba pasar esas partes lo más rápido posible para seguir con la historia.

Me gustó mucho el hecho de que el final fuera tan diferente a lo que uno pueda imaginar, sí supuse lo de Clay desde el momento en que paso lo del cine con Russ pero... UGH me sorprendió tanto el final, nunca pensé en eso. Siempre pensé que Hunter escapaba de la policía por t
Ann Lou
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book reminds me of cross my heart by katie klein and unlovable by sherry gammon. Parker, Seth and Hunter are undercover cops posing as seniors in high school. Let it be known that unlovable is my favorite of the three. Cross my heart comes second and this book ranks third. But being the last doesn't mean it's bad. In fact, i also love this one. The swoon worthy hero, the smart and beautiful heroine, the excitement, suspense, romance. They are all in this book. I was looking for a light fun ...more
Kathy Jo
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
1.5 - 2 stars.

Ever finish reading a book and think "why in the world did you torture yourself by continuing to read it?!" That's exactly how I feel right now. The synopsis gives nothing away about what the story is really about. I wish I would've read more reviews before starting and finishing this book. There were so many things that were so wrong on so many levels! *shaking my head*
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review can be found at http://totallybookedblog.com/2012/10/...

First off... when we rate a book it’s based on how we enjoyed the book in its specific genre and we don’t compare it to books outside of that.

Jenny: That said, what a delicious and engrossing YA read this was Gitte! I really did enjoy it! The anticipation kept me eagerly flicking the pages (well, clicking the Kindle anyway) and it kept me riveted until the end!

Gitte: It sure was Jenny. I was really excited to read this one as I LOVE
Yvonne (bookishpanda)
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it

I finished this book in one day. In one sitting. That's what I love about Sundays, you can just read all day if you're up for it! And well, this book? I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it but I totally did in the end. It's gripping in a way that makes you want to read and read and discover all the mystery in this book ... there are quite a lot of "secrets" and I kept guessing what it all meant.

It's my first book by Lacey Weatherford but she managed to draw me into the story with her characters, I
Becky
May 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book was just awful. I read it the whole way through. At first I was hoping it would turn around and then I wanted to be sure that it actually deserved 1 star. It read like moderately good fanfiction of the sort written by the 15-18 year old crowd. But, it lacked a solid world or characters to base it on. The plot was weak and the characters were stock. Overall, this read mostly like a wish fulfillment story for teen girls which isn't all bad but this one also wasn't well written, either.

Fo
Titot
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, thriller-suspense
Hmmmmn, I still got mixed feelings after reading. I did enjoy reading it but not as much as I imagined it to be. The start of the story was pretty good. The dialogues were very interesting and flirty between characters. It is just a giddy-feel-good-combined-with-suspense-thriller read. It started out good, especially with the introduction of characters. You can feel sparks fly between Hunter and Cami. You get to be sucked in with their banters and flirty innuendos. Added that with annoying inter ...more
Belinda Boring
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

Yep, that's me being incredibly excited!! As a lover of romance, I'm giddy over Crush by Lacey Weatherford because I have another book boyfriend to gush and swoon about. For those who have read books by this author (the Of Witches & Warlocks series and Chasing Nikki) you'll know you're in for one hell of a read because Lacey's stories are AMAZING!

Once again, Lacey Weatherford has delivered a romance so exhilarating, you’ll be left in a puddle of swoony sighs, wondering wh
Bethany
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

That was so good!!!! It had a little bit of everything, romance, bad boy to swoon over, mystery, action and a happy ending. I’ve had Crush on my Kindle for what seems like forever. I’m so glad I finally picked it, it didn’t disappoint.
Laila
description

Yes, yes I like you!

Hunter is the new bad boy in town. He's hot and he's living the dangerous life...drugs, drinking, partying.

"Are you subtly telling me you're the wolf in sheep's clothing?"
"There's no subtle about it. I'm flat out telling you."

He is stunned when he first lays eyes on Cami. She's gorgeous, talented, a Miss-Goody-two-shoes. She's real, doesn't care what others think of her and is completely oblivious to the fact that guys are crazy about her.

"There's just something about yo
Sandra
4/5 STARS!!!

I was not expecting to buy crush so soon after i'v heard about it, and that was like 2 or 3 weeks ago.
But i am so freaking glad i did.

Crush is basically about a 17 year old girl, called Cami. She is very talented, gifted, beautiful, and a senior with a very good grades that has no room for boys in her future life. Not even Hunter Wilder, who is the most hottest and most popular guy in school.

Hunter Wilder does not need, nor does he want a girlfriend. His life is complicated as it is.
Writer
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
A definite page turner..., June 30, 2013

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Crush (Kindle Edition)

I knew when I read this book's synopsis it would be something I'd enjoy and would be hard to put down.

And I was right, I couldn't stop reading no matter how late it was, with believable plot and a great element of mystery, I prepared myself to stay up to the wee hours of the morning. Even when I was so sure I had Hunter ( aka Dylan ) pegged for what he truly is, I was still fi
✿❤~m49913~❤✿
Yeah, at least I got this story after I bump into a few YA that make me feel uninterested...

First: NO SEX SCENE. This is pure YA romance.

Second: The story is so flowing, I spend 2 hours of my sleep hours to finished it, after being scolded by my mom.

Third: A bit about the drugs and about your childhood friends since you are 5 years old can become unexpected person.

Mixing romance, school life, and a bit of thriller inside... You'll guess and guess and you got a surprise in this story.

Recommended
Jessi Courier
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
So let me start by saying this book isn't good...as far as literary standards go, its border-line terrible. Why the 4 stars then, you ask. Because, you see, sometimes I get in these moods where I don't want to have to think as I read a book. Sometimes, I want a cute, cheesy chick-lit book with unbelievable plot lines and unoriginal bad-boy/good-girl characters. I was in one of those moods today and this book delivered. There were times where I would literally laugh out loud because of the ridicu ...more
Jacqueline
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - deducting 0.5 stars for the lack of smut.
This started as a sweet, very YA tale of first love set in a High School that became something a little darker by the end.
Miss Marple here (*waves*) sussed the secret that our hot bad boy Hunter is hiding pretty early on so what followed wasn't the big shocker moment it was perhaps meant to be. Despite that I still enjoyed seeing the story unfold and reading between the lines to figure out what was really going on. It was actually a fairly ori
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Shallow (Going Under, #2)
  • Forever Changed
  • Sometimes Never (Sometimes Never, #1)
  • Chasing McCree (Chasing McCree, #1)
  • Falling for the Ghost of You
  • Unmaking Hunter Kennedy
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
  • Freeing Carter
  • Full Count
  • Fall Guy (Youngblood, #1)
  • My Only (Versions, #1)
  • Tear (Seaside, #1)
  • Up in Flames
  • Fragile
  • Rocked Under (Rocked, #1)
  • Bad Rep (Bad Rep, #1)
  • Healed (Rebirth, #2)
Lacey Weatherford was born in Ft. Meade Maryland while her father was serving in the military. She has been a life long resident of Arizona, spending most of her time growing up in the small rural town of Clay Springs.

It was while she was attending the small country school in Clay Springs, that she read her first "big" book at the age of eight. It was a Nancy Drew novel and Lacey was instantly hoo

Crush (4 books)
  • Smitten (Crush, #2)
  • Love (Crush, #3)
  • Smolder (Crush, #4)
“There’s no need for you to rush. The right guy will always wait for you to truly be ready. He should honor you, worship you, and make it a moment for you to remember forever.” 54 likes
“Why me?” she finally asked.
Sighing, I touched the end of her hair, fingering it slightly. It felt so silky. “You were the first person I saw at this school. I’d parked in the lot and was walking past the auditorium and saw this gorgeous girl come out of the music room. The sun hit your stunning red hair, and it shone so brightly it almost looked like you had a halo. You were staring down at some music you were holding, and you started humming something. I froze. I just stood there and watched you walk by. You were so engrossed you didn’t even notice me.” I twisted the loop of her hair around my finger.”
42 likes