Start by marking “Reclaimed” as Want to Read:
Reclaimed

Reclaimed

Jenna Oliver doesn’t have time to get involved with one boy, let alone two.

All Jenna wants is to escape her evaporating small town and her alcoholic mother. She's determined she'll go to college and find a life that is wholly hers—one that isn't tainted by her family's past. But when the McAlister twins move to town and Jenna gets involved with both of them, she learns th
Published October 15th 2013 by Spencer Hill Contemp

To ask other readers questions about Reclaimed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reclaimed

Liza Wiemer
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The RECLAIMED ebook is on sale for .99 cents through October 20th! Don't miss it!!!!!!!!! (See my review below.)

This is one of my top reads of 2013!!!!

RECLAIMED left me speechless, awed by an unexpected plot unlike anything I have ever read.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As I turned each page of RECLAIMED and got further and further into the novel, I was overwhelmed with the desire to race through to find out what would happen next. I had to force myself not to read too quickly or jump ahead. Thank goodness I didn’t, because
Skye
Me when I started reading Reclaimed:

description
Yeah, pretty good so far...

Me when I got near the middle:

Wait... WHAT?!?

Me when I got to the end:

Mind. Blown.

It's extremely rare for me NOT to figure out a plot twist in a book or movie, but... yeah. This one got me. This one really got me.
Kate Kaynak
Wow. WOW. WOW!!! This is an AMAZING book. I finished reading the manuscript for Spencer Hill press a few days ago and it's STILL in my head.
Jen
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bea13
Review to come closer to publication, HOWEVER,USING BOLD LETTERS HERE MEANS YOU SHOULD PROBABLY PAY ALL THE ATTENTION! This is one of those stories that you may *think* you have all figured out (because you are a smarty-pants) but you MUST READ UNTIL THE END because if you don't, you will miss out...Trust me. :D
julia ✨
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Tragedy had drawn us together, and it was tragedy that was going to keep us apart."

This book was brilliant. It was written beautifully. I loved the characters. LOVED the plot. I quite simply loved EVERYTHING about "Reclaimed". Definitely one of the best books I have read this year.
It's so underrated it hurts, I think everyone should read this.
I'm speechless.
Dahlia
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spencer-hill
I was lucky enough to get to copy edit this for work and it KILLED me not to be able to tweet all the beautiful lines I kept coming across. The writing is beautiful and the story definitely won't be what you expect!
Ashley
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
i.
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful book about love and loss, full of hope and sorrow, anger and forgiveness. A ray of light in the darkness of solitude.

A must read.

www.theleisurediaries.blogspot.com
Mara YA Reader Reviewer
Reclaimed reads like the ocean tides. At times calm, serene, almost tranquil. But also with periods of crashing violence, danger and confusion.

Perfect head-trip summer read! I highly recommend this one to fantasy fans who are trying to ease into contemporary (for some reason I just have a hard time getting into contemporaries but I need a break from high fantasy and I’ve found that mystery or thriller subgenres seem to help bridge that gap for me.....tell me you understand this struggle?!)

Anyw
Risbee
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Several weeks ago, I was lucky enough to win this book through a contest hosted by Liza Wiemer on her blog, WhoRuBlog. Based on her own reviews, I found myself drawn to the premise of Reclaimed and out of all the books she offered, this book was the one that I said I wanted.

I chose right.

Now, while I didn't grow up with the same family dynamic as Jenna, I could appreciate her absolute desire to escape the small town where she grew up. I made that promise to myself early on and as I read her thou
Erin
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Let's be honest. Through most of this book, I was all, "I know how this is going to end. You got nothing on me, Ms. Guillory. Pssh."

But then. THEN. I was wrong. And THEN? I was wrong AGAIN. And when it comes to reading, I love being wrong.

Many kudos to Sarah for writing a book that keeps you guessing. Loved the plot with all of its twists and turns.

In fact, I loved the plot ALMOST as much as Sarah's beautiful, lyrical, contemplative writing. Lines like this really made this book shine:

"I don't d
Megan Whitmer
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sarah's prose is gorgeous. I found myself stopping every now and then and reading lines over and over, just SO JEALOUS of the way she creates such beautiful images with her writing. I'm generally wary of multiple POV, because when it works, it's amazing, but when it doesn't, it really pulls me out of the story. In RECLAIMED, it was perfect, and the story really couldn't have been told any other way.

I won't give away the twist, but trust me- when you THINK you've guessed it, you're wrong. I was
Jaye
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Lovely, lovely book. Thought I'd figured out the twist and though I was close, Guillory didn't reveal all her cards till the end and I was never 100% sure. So well done. And oh, the writing! So gorgeous. And the end was perfect. Gave me that swell of emotion that lets me know I've read a book worth reading.

For those who love heartfelt romance, a bit of a mystery, and beautiful words, Guillory's contemporary debut is not to be missed.

Multiple POV.
(Disclaimer: I don't give stars)
Michelle Smith
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read-worthy
I'm not sure there are words to accurately describe my love for this book. It's one that captures you from page one, and holds on to your heart until the very last line. And that line? FEELINGS. That's all I have to say about that.

Guillory crafted a story full of beauty, hope, and promise. I wish I could give this more than five stars. Phenomenal.

Katelyn (Tales of Books and Bands)
There were plenty of moments in this book that had me saying "Oh sh*t!" and "Shut the freaking front door!" and after I was about 75% through the book my stomach was in a constant knot. I never knew a love story could be so twisted (and I mean that in the best way possible!)

*Full review to come later!*
Brianna Shrum
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The kind of book that reminds you why you love to read. Just....wow. Massive book hangover.
Cindy
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing.
Diane  Tonkovich
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A must read for all YA lovers!
Van
This is one of the most awesome and mindfucking books I've read in a while. Right at the beginning, I was contemplating the possibility that the two brothers were the same person. Along the way, I figured that couldn't be true as they had different expressions and behaviour, which left me confused about the hospital scene. Then I figured that Luke must have pretended to be Ian at the hospital which Jenna also thought of and Luke admitted.

Then, the mindblowing truth. Seriously, throughout the who
M.
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Reclaimed is a book I’m very conflicted about. While it had an enticing plot line, both Jenna and a plot twist that confused me took away from the book.

Jenna, was an okay character, but I thought she was somewhat underdeveloped. The struggles she went through with her mom were terrible, but at the same time, I wanted to know more of her background and personality. Also, so many guys instantly fell in love with her the second they met her. I felt like a lot of the relationships in this book were
Gretchen
This book... I'm speechless.

When I started this book, I was looking for something to fill my time and my strong craving to read. Boy was I in for more than that. I was in for a roller coaster.

I started reading this book, and I'm just sitting there like: whatever, just another love triangle book. Pre.dict.able. But man. No. Waaaaaay more then you could ever imagine in this book. I read it in a day. Beautiful, beautiful book.

I am stunned. I want, NEED more. Anything. One more sentence...... Even
bookfan81
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
RECLAIMED is both a kiss and a slap. There is all this sweet romantic tenderness mixed with addiction and ricocheting tragedy. It's a book that explores numerous relationships--both romantic and familial--and does them so deftly that it's almost impossible to believe this is from a debut author. It's that good.

And the writing. It's really lovely with atmospheric metaphors and accessibly lyrical phrasing. It's beautiful to read the way Sarah Guillory crafts her sentences. But more than the writin
StacyFace
Amazeballs!! I don't know how I stumbled upon this book but I started it without reading the synopsis and thank god for that! I would have never picked up this book because I abhor love triangles.

But this story is so much more than that that I can't even refer to it as such. Everything in the book felt so real, the description of the town, the family dysfunction, the pain...it was palpable.

Jenna is reeling from the loss of her grandpa and trying to hold together the unraveling of her alcoholic m
Amber
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Oops. I forgot to mark this as I finished reading it. I'll just say that I guessed the plot twist from the beginning. This book was okay, not great or mind blowing. Still good but not more than 3 stars. I actually saw this book on my shelves (it's been less than 2 weeks since I finished) and I had to look it up on here to remember what it was about! So good but for me not as memorable as I'd like.
Katy Upperman
A novel that’s not at all what it initially seems. Young adult author Mindi Scott mentions that it “inspired an immediate reread” in a cover blurb, and I felt the same way. While I initially questioned the behavior of a few of the characters, it all made sense by the time I was through the truly twisty conclusion. A good read if you like mind-bending YA.
Emily
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The writing is beautiful, the characters are flawless, and the setting is a place you don't want to leave. The storyline had me captivated and I could not put it down! Awesome read!!!
Nazarea
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
This is pretty much the biggest mind ^*^~ I've read in years. And I loved it, every single page of it. It's hard to write a book like this--and to do it well. This was above and beyond well. Kudos.
Tiffany Schmidt
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't even wait for you all to read this book!
Erin Arkin
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bea
Reclaimed is one of those stories that I went into thinking it was going to be the normal YA with some angsty love interest stuff and small town drama. I was pleasantly surprised when it turned into something more.

All Jenna wants is to get out of Solitude. She doesn’t want to be like her mom and not have a choice so she is doing everything in her power to make sure she gets out of the small town and all of the baggage that comes along with it. On an October day she won’t forget, she meets Ian M
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shc
Reclaimed Review on K-Books

Right from the moment I heard about this book I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I have been on a huge contemporary kick lately and I just thought this one sounded incredible. All my expectations for an awesome novel were met and completely surpassed. I loved every single second of this book and I couldn't put it down.

All Jenna wants is to graduate and get out of this deadend town where nothing happens other than having to look after her alcoholic mother. But then

• Triangles (Bermuda Triangle, #1)
  • Blood Bound
  • Stalked by Death (Touch of Death, #2)
  • Ink Is Thicker Than Water
  • Camp Boyfriend (Camp Boyfriend, #1)
  • Meet Me at the River
  • The Dollhouse Asylum
  • Flowers in the Sky
  • Our Song
  • Lords of the Underworld Collection 1: The Darkest Night / The Darkest Kiss / The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld, #1-3)
  • Legacy (Ganzfield, #3)
  • Fault Line
  • Sing Sweet Nightingale (The Dream War Saga, #1)
  • Stand Tall, They'll Break Your Heart
  • Burning
  • The Vow
  • Perfection (Perfection, #1)
  • Without You (Stripped, #1.5)
I am a high school English teacher and young-adult author. My debut novel, RECLAIMED, is out now!
“October had tremendous possibility. The summer's oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised a world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles.” 36 likes
“I’m not so sure about this,” I said. “Which is exactly why you should do it,” he argued. “You’ll never get another chance. You’ll never get a do-over, because you’ll never be at this exact same moment again.” 0 likes