Start by marking “Tidal (Watersong, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tidal (Watersong, #3)

Tidal

(Watersong #3)

The magical world of Watersong is about to change forever. The answers Gemma and her friends have been searching for are finally revealed - but evil is closing in and time is running out....

Gemma and Harper Fisher are facing the fight of their lives. Gemma has been cursed with extraordinary powers that have a terrifying dark side, but she's finally found what she needs - a

Published June 4th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published April 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tidal, please sign up.
Michell Yes, it's Penn, remember that although Daniel hated her, he did not like to make her angry, so he was always behind him, besides, he has an evil face …moreYes, it's Penn, remember that although Daniel hated her, he did not like to make her angry, so he was always behind him, besides, he has an evil face and there are feathers around them(less)
Shayla Morrill Because the sirens want to hurt Gemma and everyone who cares about her. Gemma cares too much for Alex to see him get hurt so she breaks up with him to…moreBecause the sirens want to hurt Gemma and everyone who cares about her. Gemma cares too much for Alex to see him get hurt so she breaks up with him to keep him safe.(less)

Start your review of Tidal (Watersong, #3)
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
I feel like I just spent the past two hours reading a mermaid-related version of Real Housewives of Orange County. So much bitchiness. So much bickering. So much name-calling. So little combined intelligence in one single book. Apparently, daughters of men and daughters of Greek gods have one thing in common: idiocy.

Putting aside the unrealistic premise of mermaids this book, the whole story and the characters' actions are pretty lacking in credibility. I'm not talking about the fact that mermai
Soumi
I took part in lot of discussion based on Daniels immunity to siren's song, and when well I actually read this book, all I can say I was making a mountain out of a molehill.

HOLY MOTHER of..........that's Daniel...*faints* well, IDK but i'm having a feeling that he is a siren too.. And what the fuck Penn is doing with him...that bitch...leave him now!....aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh
Maggie ☘
Jun 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
I can't say I remotely enjoyed the third book in this series. As forgettable as the first two books were, I at least did enjoy reading them. This one was just plain annoying. It even made me dislike a character I perviously liked, Daniel. Now I can safely say there's only one character in this whole damn series I like, and thet's Gemma's older sister Harper. God, this book was so fucking annoying it made me skim large chunks of the last half.
Annika
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Whoa. Just whoa. Is that Daniel? BEYOND SEXY. (loving the tattoo, for sure) And from all the comments, that's Penn? I want to kill her. Total bitch. Why is she with Daniel?!

And now that I think of it, it does make a lot of sense for Daniel to be a siren. Or something related to a siren...

Back to the point: Killer gorgeous cover! Really need the book to come out though!! ;)

REVIEW:
June 5th, 2013

Wow. I don't even know what to say. Tidal was very interesting. I mean, yeah, I was pretty pissed at som
Suneha
May 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
ZERO STARS
Warning: Contains major spoilers. Read at your own risk, not because of the spoilers, because the stupidity depicted in this book can make your eyes bleed.

I don't know why I keep reading this series.
The writing is dull and plain.
The characters are forgettable and boring as hell.
The main character annoyed the hell out of me from the very start.
The story was too damn cliche. The events, the plot and basically everything worked out according to the favor of the main characters and the
Meryl
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
I think my biggest dislike about this series is that nothing happens for the first 75% of the book, and then there's a big fight, and somehow everything works out ok-ish at the end (or as ok as it can for a multi-book series). I will be SHOCKED if Gemma, Harper, Alex, and Daniel don't survive the end of the book. And I wouldn't be surprised if the following things happen either: a) Nathalie is somehow cured and comes home; b) Bernie's wife was a muse and is somehow the key to ending this curse; ...more
Brendy
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Remember Percy Jackson and the lightning thief, or something like that, it was a good story but I can't remember quite fine the name right now , XD...anyway this one is a bit like that 'cause we also go against time with the characters in order to save Emma and her loved ones.
It's a hell of a great journey, a bit ridiculous with the introduction of the greek mythology but pretty good, nevertheless.
Abbie
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Actual rating - 2.5

This was slightly better than the last one, but not by much.

I still found quite a lot of it dull, and I still didn't like the characters.

Overall, Dull, but not as bad as book two.
Lauren Elise
Oct 08, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNF ~35%

I’ll come back to this soon.

Hopefully.

Update: no you fucking won’t lmao
Savannah (Books With Bite)
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Right after reading Lullaby,I immediately picked up this book and WOW Nelly! Did it blow me away?
Remember in my Lullaby review I said things looked like they will get worse or put to the test? Yup. Ms. Hocking took this up several levels leaving the reader absolutely astonished. I think when I was done with the book I just could not believe that in the short time that I read it, it all changed so quickly. Some characters were killed off, others were added, deadly betrayals of deals were made and
Ari ☾
Three Stars

"And I think the biggest thing holding her back from really committing, from really joining us, is you."

Honestly, that quote biggest best quote. That quote doesn't even just apply to Gemma's siren problems. Just every single thing that Gemma does has Harper's harsh stamp of disapproval. When Daniel called her out and was like you're not her mom, I was like fucking finally someone said it.
Weird place to start a review, I know. But Harper is just very problematic for me. S
Yulia
Nov 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Oh my god.. I am so relieved right now. I'm just so glad that this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Oh god.. It was just heading in a really bad direction and something tells me that there is definitely more trauma on the way in the last book but at least that will be the end and honestly I can't wait for it!

So this book is filled with drama and surprisingly some very emotional moments. In the last book I wasn't really that connected to it, but this time I actually found myself crying at
Cheryl
Apr 26, 2013 rated it liked it
After being rescued by her sister, Harper and her boyfriend, Daniel, Gemma is back with her family. Unfortunately the sirens, Penn, Lexi, and Thea have followed Gemma back to her home town. They are in no hurry either to leave.

It seems that Penn has her eyes on Daniel. Also, she is on the look out for Gemma’s replacement. Once she finds her than Gemma is history. That is until Gemma and Harper can find a way to stop the girls without killing Gemma herself.

Tidal is the third book in the Waterso
hayden
Something about Amanda Hocking is just extremely disappointing. Even when she does things right, which she does in TIDAL, it's hard to let go of the mistakes and blandness.

Review to come.
Kadbury
Oct 14, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cover-obsession
COVER'S SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

IT HURTS MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY EYES!!

*drools*
Dev
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was amazing! I love all of Amanda's books (:
Elyse (ElyseReadsandSpeaks)
These aren't great. They're a guilty pleasure, but I admit this one wasn't as much of a pleasure when it came to pressuring others into having sex. I think this one took a downward turn. From Penn trying to guilt Daniel into having sex with her, to Gemma getting pinned down by Aiden, to the turned upside down tale of Persephone and Hades, this just went dark and kind of weird. I'll continue on because I'm curious about how it all ends, but it went in a bad direction.
Jenny
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-bookshelves

This is my favorite of the series so far, I really like the mythological elements added to the story. Not the greatest ending though.
Stephanie
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, it was a good sequel. I just need to read the last book :) Read my full review here http://booknerd777.blogspot.com/2017/... ...more
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Almost nothing happened until the last chapters, tbh.
Lovey Dovey Books
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-fantasy, ya
Protect your cuticles readers, because Amanda Hocking is raising the standard for supernatural suspense! Tidal, the third nail-biting installment to the Watersong series, is keeping the sirens in Capri and with Harper gearing up to leave for college, the race to free Gemma from the sirens is more dire than ever.

Oh, how much has changed since Lullaby. Gemma and Alex are no longer an inseparable item, but what really stuns me is the aftermath of Gemma's siren song taking effect on Alex. His change
Tamara
3.5 stars again. The cover is weird, by the way. I saw a review somewhere that said it's Daniel and Penn. Penn?!

Things are starting to get kind of crazy. A lot of things happen, particularly at the end of the book.

I hate Penn. Like, really hate her. I did before, but now I hate her even more. (view spoiler)
Zoë
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm happy I took my time reading since so it isn't a tortuous wait for the final book in the series.

In this installment in the Watersong series, it is a race to the finish line as sister: Harper and Gemma try desperately to find a cure to the Siren Curse before Penn and Lexi find Gemma's replacement and kill her.
As usual we have Harper and Gemma's point of views as well as a few new additions which includes sexy Daniel, evil Penn and also flashbacks to the original four sirens from Thea's point
Alexandra Ray
Aug 12, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really don't understand why I continue reading this series because it lacks a serious amount of depth that any book should require. All I can say is that the plot to Tidal was vastly more interesting than the previous two books in this series and I am curious to see what happens in the last book. But the characters are vapid and, dare I say it, just plain stupid. The only one who is remotely real, with a unique character and depth, is Daniel, and even he is lacking in some respects.

Maybe I ha
Mandy
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Emma
Dec 03, 2012 marked it as to-read
I can't wait to read it the wait is killing me ahhhhhh :/
♥Kel
Dec 07, 2012 marked it as to-read
Oh god why does this series keep continuing on, it needs to stop. I hate Harper so much.
Kayla Howse
Omg !!! The cover is so damn beautiful ! I seriously cannot wait for Tidal to come out !
Dinah Browne
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was so good, and the ending has opened up lots of possible storylines, I'm so excited for the next one!

SPOILER ALERT!!! (PS: it'll only make sense if you've read the book):
I cannot believe that Penn just kills Lexi. Seriously. For ages, she was planning on getting rid of Gemma, but noooooo, she kills Lexi instead. Besides, her replacement (Liv), seems a little weird. This was the gist of what happened, and she doesn't even freak out:
"Hey! By the way, I'm a siren, and I'm super gorgeous! I
Miia
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, 3-stars, owned
Okay so the last 50 pages were awesome and now the ending left me craving for the last book!

• Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Arise (Hereafter, #2)
  • Echo (Soul Seekers, #2)
  • Mystic (Soul Seekers, #3)
  • Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3)
  • Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2)
  • Hereafter (Hereafter, #1)
  • Horizon (The Soul Seekers, #4)
  • A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy, #1)
  • Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)
  • The Treachery of Beautiful Things
  • Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)
  • Undercurrent (Siren, #2)
  • Spellbound (Spellbound, #1)
  • The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1)
  • Heaven (Halo, #3)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
  • Passion (Fallen, #3)
AMANDA HOCKING is the author of over twenty young adult novels, including the New York Times bestselling Trylle Trilogy and Kanin Chronicles. Her love of pop culture and all things paranormal influence her writing. She spends her time in Minnesota, taking care of her menagerie of pets and working on her next book.

Several of her books have made the New York Times Bestsellers list. Her zombie series

Watersong (4 books)
  • Wake (Watersong, #1)
  • Lullaby (Watersong, #2)
  • Elegy (Watersong, #4)