Start by marking “Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)

Flame (Sky Chasers #3)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  1,454 Ratings  ·  221 Reviews
In the thrilling conclusion to the Sky Chasers series Waverly, Kieran, and Seth struggle to survive on-board the New Horizon—and take down their enemies before it's too late.

Waverly and the other members of the Empyrean have scattered, and their home ship has been destroyed. Their mission to rescue their parents didn't go as planned, and now they're at an even greater disa
Published January 7th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 7th 2013)

Amanda
An excellent ending to one of my fave series! Review to come

*******
Ooh, it has a cover! And, Jan 7, 2014 is less than 2 months away!!!

******* Oct, 2012
Release date has been pushed back until Jan 2014 :( I can't wait that long.

******* Aug, 2012
I need this book like now.
Zoë
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe this series is now over. But I think it was a great ending for the series.
I swear for the whole book I was on edge worried what would happen next and rightfully so. There were quite a few things I did not see coming that had me sitting just having the word 'Fuck' going over and over in my head.
Waverly was awesome as usual and loved her strength throughout this book even though she was shit scared for most of it.
Kieran was more tolerable but I will never like him. (view spoiler)
Tez
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
My history with trilogies is that usually the first book is the best. In the case of Amy Kathleen Ryan's Sky Chasers, the third book is the best. Which fills me with such delight, because it means the author's skills have IMPROVED over the course of the series - just the way writing should be.

With the two earlier novels, the three lead characters were very annoying. That's gone here in Flame - Waverly, Kieran, and Seth are more concerned with staying alive and the wellbeing of their parents than
Bella Grace
January 7, 2014? Are you fucking kidding me?

At least it's coming out in January and not, like, October or December, though.

This is not acceptable, esteemed publishers.

Normally, I wait pretty patiently for my highly anticipated books to come out, but about this book...

So, when I first saw this, I'm all:

Then, I'm all:

This book needs to come the fuck out before I punch my fist through a wall? I mean, 2014?!?! Why can't it come out in 2013, at least? Whhhy?
Keertana
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I find I don't have very much to say about Flame. From the moment I put down my copies of both Glow and Spark, it was as if my fingers were possessed, desperately needing to type, to crow in glory, to shove this series into the hands of every unsuspecting bibliophile. After Flame, however, I remember sitting. Simply sitting, soaking up the lingering words in my mind. I was - and still am - very much shocked by the brilliance of this concluding installment. While I may not have much to regale abo ...more
Michelle Arrow
From a thrilling start to an okay middle, we all expect either the good or the bad for the ending. I'm very proud to admit that Amy Kathleen Ryan has done it again with Flame. This was a heart-pounding thrilling ending to the trilogy, and she just topped it off with the perfect ending that we never would've imagined happening in the first book.

I'd really like to begin talking about that ending first. So this was my reaction when I was done with the book:

I just couldn't believe it c
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I think this quote by Noam Chomsky, chosen by Amy Kathleen Ryan and included in Flame, sums up this trilogy rather well:
It is only in folk-tales, children’s stories, and the journals of intellectual opinion that power is used wisely and well to destroy evil. The real world teaches very different lessons, and it takes willful ignorance to fail to perceive them.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. We’ve seen far too many examples in Amy Kathleen Ryan’s Sky Chasers tril
Horsegirl
Absolutely rewarding ending to an awesome and exciting series. Recommended.
Šári
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
To bylo tak ... NÁDHERNÝ, BOŽÍ, EPICKÝ, NEUVĚŘITELNÝ!!
Nemůžu uvěřit, že tahle série skončila. To bylo něco překrásného a tak napínavého a tak .. překvapujícího! Moc autorce děkuji za tak úžasné knížky a za ten konec. Moc děkuji! Hrozně moc jsem si to užila! <3 <3
Kim Ammons (youthbookreview)
***Review of the entire trilogy***

4.5 out of 5 stars (for each one)

I read the first book of this trilogy, Glow, last year, and it was a book that grew on me more and more as I looked back on it. I reread it recently so I could finish the trilogy, and I wasn’t disappointed.

So we have two massive ships on their way to New Earth: the Empyrean (where the main characters live) and the New Horizon. The New Horizon should be way ahead of the Empyrean (they left a year earlier), but everyone’s talking a
  • Untitled (XVI, #3)
  • Resistance (Replica, #2)
  • Earth Flight (Earth Girl, #3)
  • Starbreak (Starglass, #2)
  • No Life But This (UniCorp, #2)
  • The Island (The Line, #3)
  • While We Run (When We Wake, #2)
  • Shadowlark (Skylark, #2)
  • Colonization (Paradise Reclaimed, #1)
  • Override (Glitch, #2)
  • Emergent (Annex, #2)
  • Shadow on the Sun (Hell's Cross, #3)
  • Echoes of Us (The Hybrid Chronicles #3)
  • Find Me Where the Water Ends (So Close to You, #3)
  • Timestorm (Tempest, #3)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • The Life Beyond (The Other Life, #2)
  • Fugitive X (Revolution 19, #2)
Amy Kathleen Ryan earned her MA from the University of Vermont, and her MFA from The New School in New York City.

Amy only reviews books she thinks are excellent.

Proud to be included in this list of classic science fiction titles: https://media.bookbub.com/blog/2015/0...

Follow her on TWITTER!!

Website:
More about Amy Kathleen Ryan...

Sky Chasers (3 books)
  • Glow (Sky Chasers, #1)
  • Spark (Sky Chasers, #2)