Start by marking “Time Out (Foolish Games, #2)” as Want to Read:
Time Out (Foolish Games, #2)

Time Out

(Foolish Games #2)

Joie and her friends are continuing to follow the Grimm Brother’s Band across their countrywide tour. They thought the worst was behind them but they had no idea that things were just getting started. Terrorists’ bombings call for all entertainment venues to be on high alert. With all of the new staff and crew members, the band finds it hard to know who to trust. Meanwhile ...more
Published September 22nd 2012 by Leah Spiegel

To ask other readers questions about Time Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Out

Jane
Can I just say how much I ❤ Hawkins. *sigh*
When the lovely and talented Leah emailed me and asked if i would be interested in reviewing a copy I was all HELL YEAH!

Time Out starts a few weeks after Foolish Games ends. Joie and Hawkins are going strong in their new relationship.

Right off the bat, the drama starts when the ex shows up. Gwen

She just makes you want to rip her hair out. But Joie isn't one to roll over and let her walk all over her.

There is more drama centered around the band and
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Four Solid Stars

By love we’ll beat back the pain we’ve found
You know
I mean to tell you all the things I’ve been thinking deep inside
My friend
With each moment the more I love you
~ “Crush” by the Dave Matthews Band

I was super excited to find out that the author was releasing a sequel to Foolish Games. I was even more excited, and honored, that the Ms. Leah Spiegel herself offered me a copy. So first off: Thank you, Leah! So it’s safe to assume that I was one happy camper when I started to dive int
Floe (TheRandomFlo)
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really hated the ex-fiancee-bringing-some-trouble-in-paradise. But the story was well written, the mystery is always there. You do not know who trully is on your side and who are the one who mean you harm.

This is so intriguing and is fun and easy to read. The characters are well presented and the story was well written. I really hope there is book number 3 because I haven't had enough of this yet.

Recommended to people who would want to get back to reading and to people who have not much time to
CeCe
My opinion and why certain parts frustrated me.

This was an okay sequel. I was hoping for more. I was disppointed in Hawkins' behavior. He seemed a little too passive with regards to handling his ex-fiance and then his sympathy with what happened to Joie (view spoiler)

There was no groveli
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
When I found out there was going to be a sequel to Foolish Games I nearly flipped out because I loved Foolish Games . J.T. Hawkins was even one of my book boyfriends. You never know about sequels sometimes they can be great and others well.... With Time Out I was NOT disappointed.

J.T is still hot and smoldering and loving. *Sigh* but poor Joie who seems to have the worst luck ever. She is like a magnet for if the worst possible thing could happen to you then Joie is your girl. But she is a surv
Erica Alyson
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Okay this book was just AMAZING!!!! I loved it soooo much. I am so thankful to receive an ARC from Mrs. Spiegel!!!!

I have now read 5 of her books and with each one they get better and better, I don't know how she does it. I loved Hawkins and Joie sooooo much and all their friends.

What I like most about Foolish Games and Time Out is that the books are romance mixed with suspense. It makes the book that much better.

Joie and Hawkins are still going strong and she is still on tour with them. From t
Catherine
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
*3.5 Stars*
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Original post here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2012/11/indie-book-review-time-out-foolish.html

Time Out is the sequel to Foolish Games. We continue to follow Joie and her friends who are on tour with the band, the Grimm Brothers Band. Joie and Hawkins have gotten even closer after their major brush with death. Joie thinks the worst thing she has to worry about now is how to convince people she and Hawkins are a couple and she isn't just some plain-Jane fan. And she has to deal with Hawki
Shari
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
warning: this review has a lot of potential for supreme fan girl gushing

Leah Spiegel has become one of my most favorite authors with her Foolish Games YA/New Adult books. I'm pretty sure that I loved Time Out even more than Foolish Games. Right away I was yelling "no! no, no, no! Joie and Hawkins don't need any more complications!!!" I guess I was wrong though because the complications were vast and I loved every minute of it. Really, I'm not exaggerating. Every. Single. Minute.

Time Out pretty m
diana
Apr 18, 2013 rated it liked it
After reading Foolish Games I honestly assumed I wouldn’t read the second book anymore. I love the first book but I just thought that that was it for Joie and Hawkins’ story for me. The thing is however, I ended up reading Time Out ‘cause it just intrigues me. Reading Leah Spiegel’s Foolish Games feels a lot like Ally Carter meets The Fast and the Furious. I have no idea if that comparison is true enough but that’s exactly how I feel.

Time Out is as good and as action-packed and thrilling. We get
Kat
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Joie Hall is no stranger to elevator drama.

In Foolish Games, she meets rock star JT Hawkins in an elevator where he insults her by saying he prefers blondes and she retaliates by taking his ego down a few notches. In Time Out, it's been a few weeks since the first book and Joie & friends are still on the road with The Grimms Brothers Band. Joie is on her way up to see her boyfriend when a beautiful blonde steps in the elevator, headed to the same destination. Who is Gwen Warren and what is
SWhitney
Apr 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who automatically love books as long as they contain a Rock Star
This review focuses on the first two books in the Foolish Games series. I ended up reading all three books in one day so it all blends together for me.

I really wanted to love this series and if it weren't for Hawkins (our hero) I probably would have given up partway through.

I always love rock star books and that is what originally grabbed my attention in the first place. I was also intrigued with the "marketing scam" part of the first book where Joie and Hawkins snarkily blog and tweet back and
Giselle *Hopeless Book Lover*
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it

Time Out is the sequel to Foolish Games and it is great! I'm very glad that a sequel was even made and third book as well, because I had no idea that Foolish Games was a series!
Time out was lacking something that I loved from Foolish Games, but other things replaced it, so it balanced out, but I saying that now I liked Foolish Games more than Time Out!
They are both really cute and great books! But Foolish Games had more of that banter between Hawkins and Joie, which I absolutely loved! There f
Becky
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves-of-2012
Lately I feel like I sound like a broken record when trying to write a review for books I have read. But I just can not help it! I have had such positive experiences with the all of the books I have read in recent months. And this book is no exception!

I was very happily surprised to find that this book was released the same day that I finished up with the first one. When I started reading this one I though oh no here we go again! After everything Joie, Riley and Lizzie had been through in the fi
Jaymie
Nov 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, musicians-bands
Even more unbelievable than the first one but I had to read it to find out more about the characters I loved from the first book. I was a bit disappointed in the end though. It was as if the story just abruptly ended, I actually had to do a double take because I thought somehow something had happened to my kindle.

I assume there will be a third book and I know I will have to read that one as well to find out how things end up with the characters. There were plenty of loose ends at the end of this
Mandy
Nov 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Mediocre, when compared to Foolish Games, and it breaks my heart to say that, because Foolish Games was so, so good. I just felt that everyone felt out of character in Out of Time. Suddenly Joie is telling Lizzie to go for the rockstar, rather than the boyfriend we'd been told she loved before? And Lizzie is suddenly BFFs with Joie (I can sorta get that, after what happened in FG, but still. Weird. Also, mentions of her doing that in high school - what?!); I felt that Joie lost so much of her sp ...more
Lauren Kathryn
Aug 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I don't know what is wrong with me. On paper, this book is everything I hate. Hard to grasp, almost laughable, story lines, A typical ugly girl but hot god-like guy romance. Friends who aren't friends but you decide to ignore their bitchy qualities, and the fact they publically humiliated you, in the name of "friendship".

Also, how many times can one person be abducted, attacked and threatened?

BUT, I really don't care. I liked it, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Emily
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I felt the same way I did about the first book. Lacked suspense in certain parts and at times became tedious and somewhat boring. It was still an okay read, which is why I gave it 3 stars. But I have decided that I'm not going to read the 3rd one. Which should say something, because it didn't leave me wanting more. I don't think it would be worth paying for. If it were free? Then yes, maybe I would read it. But the next one is 3.99... no thanks
J.J.
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. This book is waaaaay short and yes, the story is a bit unbelievable (with the terrorists and all). Wasn't bad; just wasn't that great. Still, the writing was good and I'll keep reading the series. If you don't mind stories that might be a little over the top, then read this because you will probably like it.
April
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievably awesome!!! Time Out is the perfect follow-up to Foolish Games and I couldn't get enough of the hotter than hot Hawkins and the feisty Joie! I have to say that the ending is perfect and I was left with a racing heart and a sigh of pleasure! Leah Spiegel and Megan Summers are an amazing and mind-blowing YA writing team! LOVE them!!!!!
Full review coming soon!
Tracy
Poor Joie an Hawkins can't catch a break! Trouble seems to follow them where ever they go.

Once again another thrilling chase against time an romantic troubles for the pair.

I sat gripping my book lost in the mind blowing, heart warming, chilling tail of Time Out!
Rose
If this didn't have the cliché gay best friend and the tossed in immorality, this might be really fun. But as it is? No thanks. Really, just because everyone else writes about trash, and gays currently have a lot of publicity, these aren't good reasons to destroy your own writing! *Tears hair*
Eileen Robinson
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
loved it! everyone needs to read these books! the characters are so well written and you both love and hate them and their dynamics. most enjoyable read, had heartache, humour, and twists galore!! recommend these books 100%
Lisa
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first book.

Loved it as much as book 1, and it pretty started where book 1 ended.
I can't enough of Joie, Hawkins, Riley, Lizzie etc., I wish the book was longer because I love all them and their story.

Hopefully a book 3, fingers crossed :)
Michelle Rodriguez
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
A much better book than the first and much better book cover. I loved how easily it flowed from book 1 to this one and loved the story twists in this one. Definitely love the way this author writes.
(ツ) Hache
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
This is why I hate reading sequels to books cause they never measure up to the first one, Luckily it was short. the plot was a little unbelievable. should of just ended with the first one coz I loved that one.
This installment was okay. There wasn't much too it, so it's hard to review it. I do hope there will be a third one to tie up some loose ends and that it's a bit meatier.
Oct 07, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, a quick, fun YA read, nothing too deep but a good storyline that kept me interested. A good follow up to the first book.
Jordan
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I Thought the first one was amazing but Time Out is Even better!! I Just Love Joie And Hawkins!!!! I Hope There is a 3rd one! :)
Jeanne
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
read book one and thought it was cute so I decided to try book 2. mistake. dr girlfriend was a bit much, but a bitch that ended up saving everyone in such a crazy way was really too much!

• Moving In Reverse (Moving Neutral, #2)
  • Incidental Happenstance
  • Dirt (HDU, #2)
  • Sophie's Turn (Rock Star Romance, #1)
  • Buried Castles (Broken Fairytales, #2)
  • Everything But (Tangled Web, #2)
  • For Everything
  • Playing the Game
  • Blindsided
  • Sheet Music (Covert Attractions Book 1)
  • The Royal Flush (Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, #3)
  • Stellar Evolution (Falling Stars, #1.5)
  • Saving Grace
  • Purgatory Reign
  • Love Evolution (Brutal Strength, #1; Black Cat Records, #1)
  • Falling Star (Earth Scents, #1)
  • Sheet Music: A Rock 'N' Roll Love Story (Sheet Music, #1)
  • Dream Me Off My Feet (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #1)
An Edinboro University of Pennsylvania Graduate who once spent years drawing imaginary worlds and now writes about them with her sister, Megan Summers.

Foolish Games (3 books)
  • Foolish Games (Foolish Games, #1)
  • The Wedding Blitz (Foolish Games, #3)