Start by marking “Rebirth (The Eden Trilogy, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Rebirth (The Eden Trilogy, #0.5)

Rebirth

(The Eden Trilogy #0.5)

One week ago I thought I knew exactly how I was going to spend the rest of my life: looking at the gray walls of a prison cell. Figuring out how to survive the apocalypse wasn’t something I’d planned for.

Yet here I was, getting a second chance at the end of the world.

Rebirth is the 10,000 word prequel to the novel Eden.
ebook
Published October 2012 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rebirth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebirth

Start your review of Rebirth (The Eden Trilogy, #0.5)
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
Bill is such an interesting character. He doesnt say much, but he is always there for Eve, like a brother. I dont know if this ever mentioned how old he was. I dont think it did, but I am still thinking he is like an older brother. Its hard to imagine that he was once in prison. I wonder what he was in for. Sounds like it was a life sentence. Its hard to imagine Bill doing something so bad. But he is a new person now. The apocalypse gave he a second chance at life, and he has definitely taken ad ...more
Tim Moon
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
A solid, if brief, addition to the world of Eden, a wonderful book which I always knew needed more attention! A sequel says I but a prequel will do.

We meet the main character in his prison cell and follow him to a setting we became familiar with in Eden. He quickly adjusts to this new and dangerous world. Although he's a criminal, he doesn't seem to be a bad person.

This short story can easily be read in one sitting. If you enjoyed Eden, you'll like this teaser.
Holly
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a dark, gritty novella that introduces the post-apocalyptic world that graces the pages of The Eden Trilogy by Keary Taylor. This short story centers around how Bill, one of the main characters of Eden, survived and found the safe haven in the woods. It was an excellent look into post-apocalyptic survival that many of these characters have gone through since the world ended and the Bane took over.
dluvsbooks
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Eden was one of my favorite books I have ever read.
L. Maci
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
OMG! I was totally hoping for an Eden sequel, but I'll take any Eden stories I can get my grubby hands on!! Please, please, Keary, give us a sequel!!
Sarah Elizabeth
Short story about Bill's escape from Prison, and how he came to be part of the Eden colony.
Kaka_shi
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesomesauce! Loved this lil tid bit.
Kelley Midgett
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Keeps your interest because you don't realize who it is until the end of this short prequel.
Ashley Ehlers
I kind of went into this short story blind and doing so I was quite confused throughout the beginning. I didn't know who I was reading about or for the fact I was a guy. With hints here and there I started to put the puzzle together. I'm a guy who is in jail and since the doors have come unlocked for us, the world is turning into shit inside and outside of the walls of the prison I am in.

Once I saw the picture a bit more clearly I was able to get into it. However a thing still got me confused a
Amanda Shelley-Masters
This was a good book as far as prequels go, it was very dark, dramatic and disturbing which I loved! Bill is an Interesting character who were don't really get to know much about in the next book so I was glad to read more into his life.

In a lonely prison Cell, Death Row inmate Bill thought that he knew what path his life was going to take after all they call it Death Row for a reason, but then strange sounds start to assault the prison, gunfire comes from the other cell blocks and the guards st
Georgina Martin (Bookz and Bitz)

I was less than complementary about Taylor’s Fall of Angels series, but loved Eden, so was really excited when I found out about this prequel.

Its only a short story and it focuses on a secondary character, which is not only a change for these novella’s that are appearing, but it also keeps the reader guessing all the way through as to who it IS (you find out on the last page!). It follows an inmate at a prison as the fallen start to take over, he has no idea what is going on and stuck in his cel
Andrea
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've had Rebirth: An Eden Prequel on my to-read list for awhile now. With the recent re-release (and re-naming) of Eden to The Bane (now a trilogy), I decided that now would be a good time to read Rebirth (which I just discovered has been renamed The Ashes).

Rebirth is short, but very good. I read Eden back in 2011, and although the details were a little faded, I did remember that the main character was a girl. So, I initially thought the main character in Rebirth was female. I should have clued
Rebecca Rakes
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apocalypse
The Ashes is the same story as Rebirth for those trying to find it online. I was looking everywhere because I HAD to have it when another reviewer mentioned that. Thought I would share that in case anyone else was searching around for it.

Fantastic addition to the Eden Trilogy. I would LOVE to see more of these so that we can find out more about the back characters in this amazing series. I would love to see one on Victoria, Gabriel, Wix, Tristan, even one on Avian or West!
I love everything ab
Rebecca Rakes
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I love everything ab
Jen Minkman
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
And another gem by Keary Taylor! This dystopian novella is a tie-in with the Eden storyline, which is soon to be re-released as a trilogy! I can't wait! This short story was a great glimpse into the 'outside' world that we didn't find out too much about in Eden. I can't wait to explore this world more. Great writing!
Shari Smith
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last one of the Eden books! Please write more.

KEARY TAYLOR is a magnificent writer. I have read all the EDEN BOOKS each one as great as the previous. I am in another wonderful world while reading, she has the ability to make you a part of the book. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal romance. My hat is off to you Ms. Taylor....
Michelle
This prequel was definitely perfect for this story. I love the concept of picking a lesser known character to focus on, rather than the main character and embellishing them. It was predictable, but highly enjoyable.
Maureen Hoar
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
its nice to meet Bill

I love getting know to origins of the members of Eden. Bill he's been the most mysterious of the clan. I now know why he is fond of Eve. What a journey his life was. He made the most of his second chance.
Lisa
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Thus was an intresting little book:)
Nicolas
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was short and sweet and a great look into the start of Eden. I do agree with what others have said though, I will read anything Eden, So Keary give us more!
Amy
Dec 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Very short and kind of wish I didn't pay for it because it was soooo short. However, it was still okay to read and gave a little bit of insight.
Aydrea
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good intro to the world, definitely got me interested!
Helen
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
40 pages. A quick read that had me on the edge of my seat at one point.
Tara
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can not express how much I love this series! I'm beyond thrilled that it is being turned into a trilogy. soooo happy for Ms Taylor!
Lulai
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
For once I start a saga with a novella and it was great so I think the book is going to end in my shelves
Forrest Parkyr
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great short story and lead in to The Bane, the first book of the Eden Trilogy. I enjoyed following a different character and yet having him be familiar. A Wonderful snapshot of the Evolution.
Adriana
creepy, don't read at night.
Christi
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can anyone tell me where to buy this? I can't find on amazon kindle or any links to where to purchase
Delphia L. Slover
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Ashes: an Eden prequel

This book answers when where Tom comes from and what makes him tick. I read it after I read the Eden Trilogy but can be read before just as well.
Meg
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Bill's story was definitely interesting, but I preferred the view of the initial days to the discovery of Eden.

• Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)
  • Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3)
  • We Can Be Mended (Divergent, #3.5)
  • Wasteland (Children of D'Hara, #3)
  • Divergent Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1)
  • Clash (Gentry Generations #4)
  • Water Princess (Elemental Earths, #1)
  • Vampire Trouble (Deadly Destiny, #1)
  • Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet, #1)
  • Regency Christmas Collection: Historical Romance Collection
  • Feral (The Shadows of Regia, #2)
  • Forsaken (The Shadows of Regia Book 3)
  • Lost
  • Not a Hero (Sons of the Survivalist, #1)
  • We Set the Dark on Fire (We Set the Dark on Fire, #1)
  • The Queen of All that Dies (The Fallen World, #1)
  • Sex, Murder And A Double Latte (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #1)
Keary Taylor is the USA TODAY bestselling author of over twenty novels. She grew up along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains where she started creating imaginary worlds and daring characters who always fell in love. She now splits her time between a tiny island in the Pacific Northwest and Utah, with her husband and their two children. She continues to have an overactive imagination that frequen ...more

The Eden Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Bane (The Eden Trilogy, #1)
  • The Human (The Eden Trilogy, #2)
  • The Eve (The Eden Trilogy, #3)