Start by marking “Darcie's Dilemma” as Want to Read:
Darcie's Dilemma

Darcie's Dilemma

How do you weigh one love against another?
Things haven’t been easy for Darcie Killengrey; left with the responsibility of her troubled teenage brother Ross and a past of unhappiness and heartbreak.

And then Jake Belfast strides back into her life, as acerbic and contrary as he is exciting and handsome— he also just happens to be her best friend’s brother.

Having parted on
Kindle Edition, First, 121 pages
Published September 18th 2012 by Choc-Lit

To ask other readers questions about Darcie's Dilemma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darcie's Dilemma

Start your review of Darcie's Dilemma
victoria_tonks
I liked it a lot. Nothing particularly new or groundbreaking, true, but I enjoyed reading the story. Pity it is just a novella - I would have liked a full-length novel with these characters.
Mark
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama
Darcie Killengrey is a glass craftswoman, trying to juggle her life and the responsibility of being legal guardian to her brother, Ross, following the tragic death of their parents. When Jake Belfast, her best friends brother, childhood pal and parted-on-bad-terms one-night stand, comes back into her life, she thinks things couldn’t get more difficult until Ross becomes involved with a girl and a situation that looks like it could be dangerous. This is Sue Moorcroft on top of her game, firing on ...more
Carol Peace
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great book I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Darcie has taken on the roll of parent to her little brother when her mum and dad died tragically. The idea of being a parent was daunting and her boyfriend at the time didn't want any of it so she had to muddle along herself although she had moved into the village where she knew other people and had made lots of good friends at the place she worked making glass pieces for selling, she made lovely tiffany style lampshades and one off glass pieces. Her childhoos
Sue
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the fist novella I’ve read by Sue Moorcroft and it was really enjoyable.

I really empathised with Darcie, having constantly to swap roles of sister and mother but ultimately being left somewhere in between the two. Not only that but having to deal with the return of her best friend’s brother, Jake – each with their own idea of what had happened in the past. Would they ever see eye to eye about it?

I liked the fact that the novella didn’t just deal with Darcie and Jake but it also told the
Angela Britnell
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this very English story of Darcie, a stained glass designer, who's bringing up her teenage brother after their parents' death. On her 30th birthday Jake returns to her life, just as handsome and hard to deal with as he's been all her life. Her best friend's brother and briefly her lover - the attraction between them is still strong. While they're trying to work their way through a raft of misunderstandings Darcie's life get's even harder when her brother, Ross, gets into trouble. The u ...more
Teresa
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable short story. I love Sue's writing, and this didn't disappoint either.

Darcie's wrapped up in Ross, her younger brother, who she is guardian for. Does she have time for romance? And will her perfect date understand her commitments to her brother?

It's just as much Ross's story, with his troubles and seeking revenge, as it is Darcie's.

I liked - a lot. The only reason it took me so long to read is because I've been failing lately to make myself sit down and read. The pace is
Alison
A short story from one of my favourite authors.

Darcie had a one-night stand with her best friend's brother. There were misunderstandings and petulance followed by him leaving to take a job in Germany. Within a very short space of time Darcie's parents are killed in an accident and she takes responsibility for her younger brother.

This is what happens when Jake returns from Germany - and when Darcie's younger brother gets mixed up with a girl from the wrong side of the tracks.

A sweet short story.
Rhoda Baxter
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book. Darcie is legal guardian to her teenage brother Ross. Ross kinda fancies a girl from the wrong side of the tracks. I was expecting something light and frothy, instead I found this book to be full of depth and unexpected twists.
I'll keep this review short, as befits a short book. Read it. It's well worth the investment.
Sue Mackender
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story of big sister filling the breach as parent to her brother following their parent’s death. Sue brings the characters to life and has a great way with dialogue. Good holiday read and a nice bit of romance as well
Jeanette montgomery
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
A quick and easy read.

I loved the story and the characters.
Rosemary Kind
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful escapism - I was totally drawn into the story and the characters are very well drawn and believable. I could not put it down.
Lorna
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another from the very talented Sue Moorcroft
Emma
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked the premise of this book and sympathised with both of the main characters for each of the struggles they bwrng through to get yheir happy ending
Lyn
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another fun read from Sue Moorcroft.
Sue
Apr 21, 2013
Robert
May 03, 2020
andrew lambourn
rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2017
Jackie Grimshaw
Aug 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• My Very Italian Holiday
  • The Christmas Wedding (The Village Secrets, #1)
  • My Map of You
  • It’s In His Kiss
  • A Family Holiday
  • Evie's Year of Taking Chances
  • You, Me and Italy
  • One Summer in Santorini (Holiday Romance Book 1)
  • A Very French Affair
  • Summer at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #2)
  • Snowflakes at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #3)
  • A Cornish Summer's Kiss
  • Don't You Forget About Me
  • My Perfect Summer in Greece

Sue Moorcroft is a Sunday Times bestselling author and has held the coveted #1 spot in the Amazon Kindle chart. She's won the Goldsboro Books Contemporary Romantic Novel Award, the Readers Best Romantic Read Award and the Katie Fforde Bursary. She writes contemporary fiction of life and love.

She also writes short stories, serials, articles, columns, courses and writing 'how to'.

An army child, Sue