Start by marking “Twice Loved - Kembalinya Sang Pelaut” as Want to Read:
Twice Loved - Kembalinya Sang Pelaut

Twice Loved - Kembalinya Sang Pelaut

Lima tahun lalu, Laura Dalton merelakan suaminya, Rye, diambil laut. Pelaut itu pamit untuk pergi pada suatu hari dan tak pernah kembali. Meskipun dengan susah payah, Laura belajar untuk membenahi hidupnya. Belajar mencintai lagi—dan pilihan itu jatuh pada teman almarhum suaminya yang begitu perhatian. Pada Dan jugalah dia memercayakan perlindungan dirinya dan anaknya.

Nam
Published December 9th 2012 by Gagas Media (first published June 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Twice Loved - Kembalinya Sang Pelaut, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice Loved - Kembalinya Sang Pelaut

KatLynne
Wow – what an emotional read! I needed my tissues for sure with this wonderful, bittersweet love story!

Lavyrle Spenser is a master of human emotions. And boy were my emotions used in this book:-) There is desire, guilt, love, recriminations, fear, impatience, jealousy, despair and hope! All wrapped up in the lives of three friends who had grown up together in Colonial Nantucket and now find themselves facing one of the greatest challenges of their lives…

Rye Dalton, Laura Traherne, a
Jennifer AlLee
Dec 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another first book for me. I was on a trip with friends (and bored out of my mind) when I went down to the hotel gift shop looking for something to read. I picked up Twice Loved and spent the rest of the weekend buried in it. I was 18 at the time and this was the first real romance novel I'd ever read. Ms. Spencer drew me into her story from the first page. My heart broke for the three main characters who are caught in a terrible triangle not of their own making. (Warning for those of more delic ...more
Chelsea
3 Stars!!!

Oh, the cruelty of fate! Yeah, that's what this book is all about.

Desperation led Laura to do something that later made her heart shatter after knowing the truth.

I don't know how to make judge of every character because as a reader, it seems easy to decide what I believed to be the right thing, making me pissed if the character can't even act on it. But in reality, it wasn't that easy. Laura fell on this category, the situation she was in was really hard, I understand. But the mom
Hilcia
I've loved every single book I've read by Lavyrle Spencer so far. I still love her gorgeous writing style and how she develops characters and a story -- all are evident in Twice Loved. On the positive side, I absolutely love the setting and atmosphere in this novel. It is set in a small fishing village, and the place and people who inhabit it come alive in this novel.

Unfortunately for me, this romance is a triangle, and I mean one of those triangles where the woman who finds herself in the midd
Miidi
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st LaVyrle Spencer book I haven't completely enjoyed. A particularly gaping plot hole is the little boy having no contact with his paternal grandparents. I mean if my son died at sea, I'd do everything to be a part of my grandson's life.
And Rye had grown up in the town, wouldn't anyone in the village have said something to the child about his father in all those years? That aspect simply did not ring true to me.
Jaime Atkins
I love Lavyrle Spencer's writing. She is so detailed and thorough that you can't help but be swept up in each of the character's thoughts and emotions. This book, however, just didn't grab me the way many of hers have. I didn't like that it began with Rye coming home. I think it would have been much better if it had started with a prologue detailing the love affair between Rye and Laura. We get to see glimpses of the past throughout the book, but I never totally felt it.

Before ever reading th
Lisa Gatlin
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartwrenching heartwarming lovely

Rye makes a brilliant, sexy and romantic hero....come home from the sea. It is harder to emphasize with Laura and definitely hard to feel too sorry for Dan. I don't get Spencer's total disregard for grandparents. Rye dies...laura loves him so much that she keeps his son from his parents. The child is their only grandchild. Why not the truth. Papa died at sea. These are your grandparents. I have now married our best friend and he is your new papa. It seems so
Rebecca Dean
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book first time in 1984. Read again in 2013, but didn't like it as much as I remembered. The intimate scenes were WAY TOO EXPLICIT. I like so much more left to the imagination. Also, I think that LaVyrle wrote like this in her first few books and then started backing away to better writing and less details. The shock factor and explicitness wasn't needed after she became a best seller (but who am I to know how those things work).

I probably won't be keeping this book and tha
Debra
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first LyVryle Spencer, and still my favorite.

Laura and Rye are childhood sweethearts, patiently putting up with their friend Dan, who follows them constantly.

They all grow up. Rye goes off to sea to make some money so they can have a better life. Little does he know that Laura is pregnant.

Rye is lost at sea. When he returns, some years later, he discovers that Laura has married Dan and they have a child who looks just like him.

This is where the st
E. Jamie
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lavyrle Spencer is one of my favorite authors and I adore all her books but this one holds a special place in my heart. The Fulfillment is a close second! An auto buy author. Her books are bursting with heartwrenching emotion and passion.
Rizky
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: koleksiku
3.5 stars for this novel

Wow, I really love this novel. So emotional and romantic to read, and I think I've to read the other novel of hers ^^. Of course she will become one of my favourite author =)
Jan
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, loved it, loved it. The hero and heroine showed restraint instead of just blazing ahead and hoping everything would turn out all right. Loved it!
Tana
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very amazing book. Loved by two men is a woman' s dream come true. Not this time. Don't want to give away any spoilers. Old style writing but worth the read.
Cheryl
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite books of all time. Rye Dalton is my favorite hero ever.
Kristine

Addictive story but the female MC frustrated me beyond belief. Rye (the male MC), on the other hand, was worthy of becoming a book boyfriend. This is a coming of age story where a husband goes off to sea with hopes of returning a wealthier man for his family. He’s declared dead because his ship sank. The wife moves on, bc she’s pregnant and needs help, only for her husband to return after 5 years.

What I didn’t like was the explicit sex scenes while they were 16yo... maybe i
Lisa
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was tempted to give this book three stars, but decided on two to be tough. I enjoy reading LaVyrle Spencer's books and Twice Loved, like her others, is well written. However, in this case, I got the feeling that Spencer had gone to Nantucket for a summer holiday and decided that she must write a book using the island as a back drop to a love story. As a result, this tale of triangle love is a bit thin in terms of plot and character development. Many of her other books have a lot of meat on the ...more
Bridgette
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Twice Loved, LaVyrle Spencer takes three ordinary characters and places them in an unusual and complicated life situation where they seem to have no logical means of escape. Three friends find themselves forced to make decisions that test moral and ethical boundaries in the pursuit of personal happiness. Twice Loved is a hard book for me to review as I loved the storyline, I was transfixed throughout the reading, I came to care deeply for the characters. However, I felt tied up in knots throu ...more
Iolanda
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of Spencer's best! This was the second book I read from this author and it was just -- WOW. I fell in love with these characters and grew to care about them and I couldn't put the book down.

Laura loses her husband, Rye, believed to be lost at sea long gone. So she turns to her and Rye's best friend, Dan for comfort who steps into the role immediately because of his loyalty to his best friend and unrequited love for Laura. Only thing is, five years later, Rye returns home! Alive! And in one
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was different than most of Mrs. Spencer's books. There's a love triangle, and you realize about 20 pages in that one of these three is not going to have a happily ever after. It was an interesting storyline, but it fell flat in several places and it took me a really long time to finish it. I found myself disliking the heroine several times. It was a decent read, just not up to Mrs. Spencer's usually high standard.
Sera

It pains me to do it but I really did not like this one at all. I never connected with the characters. It felt like nothing really happened. And I hated Laura, she was a martyr and could not make a freaking decision. I still love LaVyrle Spencer though. This one just did nothing for me.
Tammy
Oct 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this a l-o-n-g time ago but I re-read it this past week when I found it on my library's 3M Library ebooks list. I read every book LaVyrle Spencer wrote back in the day -- this is not my favorite of hers, but enjoyable and heartbreaking by turns. It is a sweet, and bittersweet love story. I have it in my personal library and it will stay there.
Susi Simanjuntak
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nobody can't separate the relationship between wife and husband, parents and their son.
Finally, true love will find the way.
Rye Dalton, Laura Adele Dalton, and their son, Joshua. :-*

It's a good historical romance, make me smile, make me laugh, make me cry, and make me broken.
But, the end of the story, they're happily together.
I love this book so much. :-*
Pam
I usually love Spencer's books, but this one felt a little flat to me. The setting, colonial Nantucket, was interesting and there was a lot of authentic historical detail, but I didn't feel the characters were fleshed out well at all. I didn't connect with any of them, and once the love triangle had been resolved, I found myself really anxious for the story to end.
Rene Trudeau
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book for the first time many years ago, it remains one of my most favorite books to this day! Such an emotional loved filled read!! I wanted to name my first born Rye!!! ( my husband didn't read the book so he wasn't agreeable!!
Naomi
Jun 10, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Any book of LS is well worth the read. Twice loved was a sweet story which followed most of LaVyrle's books, yet sucked me in just like the rest of them. This is an author who I wish had never retired!
Sam
Aug 13, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My dad had this in his little collection of books that people gave him over a couple of years. I didn't think that I would like it as much as I did, but this book was really nice once you got into it, which, mind you, isn't that easy.
Marianne
Nobody does frustrated love like Spencer. The pain oozes off the pages. Spencer invents more ways to keep lovers apart than any other author I have read.
But she works everything out in the end......unlike real life, which makes her books fun to read.
George
Jun 09, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was fun to try and figure out how the situation was going to be resolved. The graphic description of their encounter in the woods did seem a little much considereing the tone of the rest of the book.
Kris
Mar 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kris by: my sister-in-law
Yeah, yeah, it's a romance, but I liked the time period: Nantucket during the whaling age. It's cheesy by definition (see shelf title!) but it had something to it, and it led to a desire to visit Nantucket. We got there a few years later and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.
Jean
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book, but I had a little trouble getting through the middle of the book because it seemed to move too slow. Then it picked up and I enjoyed it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sweetwood Bride
  • Dream Fever
  • A Season Beyond a Kiss
  • Still the One
  • Two Brothers: The Lawman / The Gunslinger (Two Brothers, #1-2)
  • Loving Julia
  • The Wives of Bowie Stone
  • A Texan's Luck (Wife Lottery, #3)
  • My Wicked Enchantress
  • Wild Bells to the Wild Sky
  • The Price Of Desire
  • Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5)
LaVyrle Spencer is an American best-selling author of contemporary and historical romance novels. She has successfully published a number of books, with several of them made into movies. Twelve of her books have been New York Times bestsellers, and Spencer was inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame in 1988.

Spencer is known for creating realistic characters and stories that focu