Start by marking “Kiki: My Stylish Life (Lotus Lane, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kiki: My Stylish Life (Lotus Lane, #1)

Kiki: My Stylish Life

(Lotus Lane #1)

Meet the Lotus Lane Girls!

This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line called Branches, which is aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help readers grow!

Kiki, Coco, and Lulu are the BEST of
Published April 30th 2013 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Kiki, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiki

Start your review of Kiki: My Stylish Life (Lotus Lane, #1)
La Coccinelle
Jan 20, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
This is the sort of book I probably would've loved when I was a kid... while my mom would've hated it. As an adult, I totally understand why she might've felt that way; I wouldn't want to give this to my daughter, either. It's unbelievably vapid, with stupid characters and an emphasis on clothes that's almost nauseating.

Kiki (our narrator of unknown origin) is one of three girls in the Lotus Lane Girls Club. This is a made-up club where the girls do things like bake cupcakes and give their pets
Cathy
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Hate reviewing new series for girls b/c I feel I go into them all judgmental.

On chapter 3 of book, Kiki is texting (no specific age given as yet but says she goes to elementary school), holding sleepovers where participants stay up til midnight in absence I parental units (mom is away for travel, dad is?)

Written in diary format, txt message screen caps interspersed throughout. Lots of extra side notes (BFF =, Ciao means) to keep one busy reading.

I like it better than rainbow magic...see the
Jessica Ussery
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nerd
I don't even care that this is for 2nd graders. I got this for ME. It's really cute and made me laugh. Took me back to the days of when I was becoming a book nerd and reading all the time. Only, we didn't have cute books like they do now.
Lisa
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Lotus Lane Book 1 - Kiki is about a young girl named Kiki and her BFFL's (BFFL=Best Friends For Life) Coco and Lulu. They all live on Lotus Lane and are members of the LLGC (LLGC=Lotus Lane Girl Club).
In this book we are reading Kiki's diary which is a very cute, sassy diary, full of pretty little pictures and doodles.
The tale is of three best friends, a new girl, a misinterpretation of events and the eventual understanding and friendship that results.
My four year old lost interest somewhere
A. Nixon
Another that's the start of a new series from Scholastic. The characters are basic but relate-able. It felt a little stereotypical that the girl's so into fashion but there is potential for the other characters to go beyond that. The use of misunderstanding to drive the plot is fairly basic (and a little annoying) but I'm sure it will entertain younger readers.
Logan So
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3rd time reading this, still interesting and amazing! Love the formatting of this booK!
Hannah Earle
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book. I think that the storyline itself was decent and it kept my 6 year old daughter engaged but I really didnt like Kiki. Unrealistic for a second grader to have a cell phone. She was bratty, her parents didnt guide her through the tough stuff at all, and her friends were flat and uninteresting. ...more
Chrissy
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
KIKI: MY STYLISH LIFE is a totally adorable chapter book for early readers -- one that will especially appeal to creative young girls, I think. Kiki is one of a trio of best friends who all live on the same street and who meet together to enjoy activities like pet spas or cupcake bakings. When the girls start an art project at school, Kiki is thrilled to show her artistic skills to the world by creating her own clothing designs that she will reveal at a fashion show. She just can't WAIT for the ...more
Erin
Nov 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: childrens
If awkward, nerdy 8-year-old me were reviewing this, I'd probably give it 3 stars, because I would have thought the main character was cute and popular, like I wished I were.

But I am not 8 years old. I am the mother of an 8-year-old. And as I read it with her, all I could think about was, "Please, my daughter, DO NOT PICK UP ANY LIFE TIPS HERE.

The main character is a spoiled drama queen who does nothing but sit around with her BFFs and gossip, talk about clothes, gossip some more, bake cupcakes,
Charlou
Jun 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: j
I picked it up because it looked like a cute diary book for late 3rd to 4th graders. It says it's a reading level of grade 2 with a 1st-3rd interest level. Various reviews say they have read it to 4 and 6 year olds and they love it! What?
It's written it the ever so popular illustrated diary format with texting references and definitions of some terms. Kiki has 3 BFFs who eat cupcakes a lot. She loves fashion and decides her art project will be designing clothes to be modeled by her friends. A
Elissa Schaeffer
Mar 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
This is the start of another Scholastic series aimed at 1st-3rd graders, but I'm going to have to pass on this one for my library. It was very cute and written in diary form with lots of side notes and illustrations. But it verged on trying to hard...maybe a little TOO cute. Here are a highlight of the "misses" for me:
--Main character acts older than the described elementary school age. In that we have cell phones and texting and unsupervised baking and late night slumber parties and so on. If
Carol
Kiki begins writing in a diary. She tells it everything via pictures as well as words. She has two very best friends and together they have a club, The Lotus Lane Girls Club. They have a schedule of their daily and weekly events which they stick to faithfully. Kiki loves fashion almost more than anything so she is super excited when her art teacher assigns them a project they are "passionate" about. She knows immediately that she will do fashion design. A new neighbor on Lotus Lane might be a ...more
Barbara
May 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Part of the Lotus Lane series, this one focuses on Kiki who enjoys fashion, designing her own clothes, and pulling together outfits for herself and her friends. But when new girl Mika seems to have similar ideas to hers, she becomes annoyed, and when her dog disappears at the hands of Mika, she becomes even more upset. As her diary chronicles a troublesome week, Kiki relies on her BFF, Lulu and Coco, to help her cope. This is a good series for early readers.
Lynn
Jun 13, 2013 rated it liked it
My daughter really enjoyed this book, and it does contain some good messages about creativity, friendship, and not judging others too harshly. This series has potential with emerging readers. I just struggled with the references to texting for such young readers, and the girls are a bit stereotypical.
Krista
Dec 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, chapter-books
This is a cute diary-style book that will appeal to younger girls.
Tasha
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"5 stars because it's funny" says Lia (my 7 year old). :)
Kris Patrick
Oct 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Promotes materialism. Fails at attempts to be multicultural
Danielle
Dec 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, mg
Recommended to me by a 5th grader. It's cute.
Tiffany Smith
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Super cute book! This book reminds me of my daughter and her friends. Young girls will absolutely love this book.
Lia
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-fic
Fun format for early readers. A good crossover book for girls not yet ready for chapter books.
Lindsey
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gremlin-books
Emme is loving this series
Becky B
Kiki writes about her life in her journal, sharing about her best friends on Lotus Lane, the new girl who has moved in next door and seems mean, and the art project due at school next week.

This has a lot of cutesy appeal for lower grade girls. The illustrations and style, as well as the topic of real life relationship problems are things that many readers crave. I found the resolution quite sudden in this and not super satisfactory, but I do realize this is not super sophisticated writing and
Elizabeth Moreau Nicolai
Not my favorite, but okay. Will be popular for girls, especially girls not old enough for Dork Diaries. There's a teeny bit of cultural appropriation with the kimonos which is somewhat addressed. But the friendship themes are good. Two of the other characters that will have their own books later in the series seem to be non-white (at least shaded in stick figures and one Japanese grandmother) but lots of European flavor (Italy and France).

Overall not my favorite, but a solid recommendation for
Ashley Schmuhl
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute story. Cute characters, each character is from a different part of the world and the author gives little facts woven into the story about their heritage. I think Ill order the whole series for the elementary library I run. Perfect for 2nd-3rd grade girls. ...more
Katie
Bookaday for 3-15. I brought home Kiki-My Stylish Life from the book room at school. I think this could be a popular series for third grade. Kids will like the graphic elements of the layout and the chapters are relatively short.
Alyc Bagares
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you mom for buying this book for me. I just can't really force my heart from loving books.
Lisa
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
An easy to read beginner book about friendship
Becky
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good beginning chapter book about friendship and not jumping to conclusions.
Ratnayu Candra Kirana
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really cute book. I imagine reading it as a school girl and it is a fun read.
Heba
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ages 6 to 13
this book is so awesome its fun to read I was so sad that I finshed it ones I reach the middle I get back to the biging I just really like it
« previous 1 3 next »

• Eva's Treetop Festival (Owl Diaries, #1)
  • Ivy and Bean
  • The Princess in Black (The Princess in Black, #1)
  • Moldylocks and the Three Beards (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake Believe, #1)
  • Rise of the Earth Dragon (Dragon Masters #1)
  • The Princess in Black Takes a Vacation (The Princess in Black #4)
  • Eva Sees a Ghost (Owl Diaries, #2)
  • Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go
  • The Princess in Black and the Hungry Bunny Horde (The Princess in Black, #3)
  • Ivy and Bean: Doomed to Dance
  • The School Is Alive! (Eerie Elementary #1)
  • The Ember Stone (The Last Firehawk, #1)
  • Eva's Big Sleepover: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #9)
  • Little Red Quacking Hood (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake Believe, #2)
  • Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business (Junie B. Jones, #2)
  • I Am a Super Girl!: An Acorn Book (Princess Truly #1)
  • Ivy and Bean: Bound to be Bad
  • The Princess in Black and the Mysterious Playdate (The Princess in Black #5)

Lotus Lane (4 books)
  • Coco: My Delicious Life (Lotus Lane, #2)
  • Lulu: My Glamorous Life (Lotus Lane, #3)
  • Mika: My New Life (Lotus Lane, #4)

News & Interviews