Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Bride's Soul: Stories of Love, Laughter and Commitment to Last a Lifetime” as Want to Read:

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  373 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Your wedding day is one of the most memorable of your life—especially if you're the bride. From unique proposals to hilarious and touching tales of actual ceremonies and receptions, this book will inspire anyone looking ahead to the big day.
Published September 11th 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Bride's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Bride's Soul

Emily Thayer
Mar 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is the best -- although I say that because Matthew's story of his proposal to me is in it :) :)
Paula
Sep 23, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and fun read for a bride-to-be.
Jul 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Must Read for every Bride!
Kristen Darienzo
"If you don’t make each other laugh, there is something wrong."

A tear-inducing collection of love stories. I got this as a present from my maid-of-honor when I got engaged, and it made me sob like a little girl.

A beautiful collection for anyone in love or anyone who just loves love.
Kristin
While this wouldn't be my first choice in Chicken Soup books, reading the stories of new love and early wedded bliss gives me hope that perhaps one day I will be a bride, having found the man of my dreams. Some of the stories reminded me of my grandparents' marriage, which lasted 67 years before old age took them from us within 6 months of each other, while others reminded me of my parents, married just under 35 when the 'in sickness and in health' and 'til death do us part' lines in the wedding ...more
Lisa
I LOVE THIS BOOK! I bought it four days ago- Thursday, and have hardly been able to put it down since. I've already recommended it to an engaged friend, and will definitely recommend it to others. Heck, I might even have my fiance read it, since several of the stories are written from the groom's perspective, as well as fathers of the groom, mothers of the groom, fathers and mothers of the bride, and even close friends. Some of the stories have made me laugh, some have made me cry, several have ...more
Lynai
Apr 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
I am an anxious bride-to-be. With only two weeks left before the big day, and as much as I want to be calm and cool, I just can’t, as evidenced by the appearance of rashes on my legs and back. Experience tells me that my skin allergies always enjoy making a show whenever I am stressed out. So, reading this book has served, indeed, as a “chicken soup” to my restless soul.

The stories included in this edition of the renowned Chicken Soup for the Soul have made me laugh, some made me teary-eyed, but
Faye Hollidaye
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: brides-to-be, recent brides, and lifetime wives
If I would have quit reading this book because of my disappointment at the first section, I would have never realized that this is a great book. The further I read, the better the stories got. This book is not only for new brides, it's just as equally for brides who have been married for years.
I bought my copy when I was planning my own wedding more than two years ago now, but didn't get around to reading it until recently. It was worth whatever I paid for it and it's staying on my bookshelf. I
Dianne
Aug 17, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Utter tripe. I was given this book as a shower gift, and spent many a happy hour mocking it. The writing is uneven; most of the stories have pat morals and little nuance; and the women are stereotyped.

If you're looking for a self-help book to get you through the wedding craziness, try Emotionally Engaged: A Bride's Guide to Surviving the "Happiest" Time of Her Life. Emotionally Engaged is not earth-shattering; in fact, it's mostly common sense. But it does encourage brides to deal with their pr
Swety Retna
Buku yang sangat menyentuh :') saya berkali-kali menitikkan air mata karena terharu pada kisah-kisah sepasang suami istri, dari saat mereka bertemu, merencanakan pernikahan, momen pernikahan itu dan tentu saja kehidupan yang dijalani selama menikah sampai akhirnya maut menjelang.. penikahan memang tak selalu indah tapi didalamnya ada banyak kesempatan bertumbuh menjadi dewasa. Kebanyakan mereka mengatakannya, bahwa selalu ada badai,namun mereka bahagia dengan pernikahan :))
Renee
Mar 16, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My mother bought me this as a gift, something to read before my wedding this April. It is what is expected from the Chicken Soup series: cute, "uplifting" stories for mostly the Christian set. I have to admit that a few stories made me tear up, and a lot in the ninth section of the book I found quite soothing during this planning process. So yes, not high literature, but good for its intended purpose.
Natalie
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is comprised of short stories submitted by brides/brides to be or their close family. Not a good idea to read them in public - found it hard to read most stories without being moved to tears; a potent reminder of what is really important about weddings/marriage - an excellent gift for brides or brides-to-be.
Marvie Grulke
I read a few stories from this. It's an OK read. Someone gave it to me for a wedding/wedding shower gift. Riddle me this? Why exactly is this a good gift? It didn't make me a better bride/wife. I think I'd rather the actual chicken soup. No offense to the presenter of said gift. Also, I've ranked "The Giving Tree" so there's that to say about my book reviewing skill set.
Gizzle Fe
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What will make love last? There is Commitment, shared interest, unselfishness, physical attraction and communication, but there's more there is Spontaneity, There is Surprises, There is Sharing, There is Forgiveness, There is Sensitivity and above all There is Faith. :) that's what makes love last. :)
Breeana
Sep 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some really sweet stories in this book that bring goosebumps every time I read or hear them. It was fun reading while engaged to be married. Also, there are a lot of good ideas on how to propose, men! If you're thinking of proposing (or know a friend who is), I'd suggest this book for great ideas.
Nov 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book i bought it the first time i got married at i read i every once in a while to see all the love and compassion that is in there. I remmoned any new bride buys this book becuase it will help you though the tough times...
Shannon mp
Apr 28, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy, Nellie! Break out the kleenex! I was not expecting to read so many sad stories while preparing for my big day! They were very touching stories that deliver the "real meaning of marriage" message, but with the stress of planning a wedding...I had to close this one until AFTER the ceremony.
Jinni-lou
Jan 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a wonderful book to read, I love to read real life stories!!! The good thing about books like these is that you can read it little by litte since it's a bunch of stories in one. Anyone who is engaged should read this book.
Auntkel
Apr 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all the chicken soup books. I like how they are a bunch of litle short stories so even if you only have just a couple minutes to read you can get one story read. This ones good even if your not married or engaged right now.
Becca
Jul 25, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very heartwarming book. It was a very nice shower gift I received and I actually read the whole thing. Some of the stories even made me tear up.
Heidi
Jan 02, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is enough to keep me interested and is cheesetastic to the max. A guilty pleasure if you will. Fun to read but not all believable.
Payal Khanna
Read it long back. Just before my wedding. It has very sweet and simple stories on love and relationships. Perfect gift for a bride-to-be
Sushmitha
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These Real stories are so touching & we can relate ourselves to some..
they are inspiring and helpful too ..
Erin
Apr 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aww...so touching! Loved it!
Meena Yegan
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heart-Felt stories for life time :)
Kimberly Wilson
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm ashamed to admit this was a wedding gift almost seven years ago, I finally got around to reading it. I cried and laughed and it made me think more tenderly if my husband. Worth the read.
Megan Marie
Loved the touch of diary it stays next to my wedding album the stories wrre as always inspiring and every moment of stressed id read and could relax! Wonderfully put together
Amanda
Jan 14, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Annoying.
Kim
May 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading the stories about fathers got me all teary eyed.
Efi
Oct 28, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bab Lamaran, wow romantis banget!!!
Kadang sampe menitikkan airmata.
  • On Relationships: A Book for Teenagers
  • Kawaii!: Japan's Culture of Cute
  • Cerita Cinta Indonesia: 45 Cerpen Terpilih
  • Zona @ Last (Trilogi Zona, #3)
  • Last Christmas
  • Hide Your Crazy (Like A Lady, #2)
  • Big City Eyes
  • Indonesia Mengajar
  • The Otaku Encyclopedia: An Insider's Guide to the Subculture of Cool Japan
  • Surat untuk Ruth
  • Frightening Light (Horrible Science)
  • Blackbird (Little Sister's Classics)
  • Sparkly Pens (Sparkly Pens, #1-3)
  • Japanese Hiragana  Katakana for Beginners: First Steps to Mastering the Japanese Writing System (CD-ROM Included)
  • Impressionists
  • How to Court a Librarian (Jewel Bonds, #4)
  • Fearless
  • Leonardo Da Vinci And His Super-Brain (Dead Famous)

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...