Start by marking “Don't Cry for Me (Rebel Ridge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Don't Cry for Me (Rebel Ridge, #2)

Don't Cry for Me

(Rebel Ridge #2)

Mariah Conrad has come home. Badly wounded on active duty in Afghanistan and finally released stateside, she has no family to call on and nowhere to go-until Quinn Walker arrives at her bedside. Quinn...her brother-in-arms, ex-lover and now maybe her future.

Quinn brings Mariah to his log cabin in the Appalachian Mountains of Kentucky to rest and recuperate both physically
Published October 1st 2012 by Harlequin MIRA (first published September 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Cry for Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Cry for Me

Start your review of Don't Cry for Me (Rebel Ridge, #2)
Bark
May 14, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hadnt read Sharon Salas work in many years and was kind of excited to get this audiobook started for the Armchair Audie Awards. I was once a big fan of Sharon Salas writing. Tallchief? Sweet Baby? Annie and the Outlaw? Now those were some romantic, emotion filled books and were one of the reasons I gorged myself on romances back in the 90s. Havent read them? I recommend seeking them out instead of this one.

Anything but this one . . .

Quinn is a former soldier with PTSD. Hes been home for
Keri
4.5 Stars. Very good read. We met Quinn in the first Rebel Ridge book. He was suffering from extreme PSTD symptons. He is finally getting on his feet when he hears from an old buddy that a person from his past is about to get out of the VA. She has been hit by an IED months earlier. Mariah, didn't know what she was going to do once she got out of the hospital as she didn't have a family or home to go to. Could have knocked her over with a feather when she saw her old flame Quinn walk into her ...more
Cheri
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Quinn from the 1st book in this series. Enjoyin this series!
boogenhagen
I love this entire series, but this one was exceptional and Mariah was one of Sharon Sala's best heroines ever. I reread this pretty periodically.
Chris Conley
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This seems to be my year for books with amazingly strong women vets. Mariah is astonishing. She and Quinn make a tremendous statement about resilience.
Kasey
I loved Mariah and Quinn. I absolutely enjoyed watching Mariah mostly work through her history in the war. PTSD and injuries. It's not an easy thing and I always enjoy a story about a war vet coming to terms with being back in the regular world and finding their way to happiness with the person they are after that experience. This should have been a great book for me. I loved that this was a female vet and that the two main characters had a history. The situation of them having a relationship in ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Rebel Ridge series by Sharon Sala. I was a little disappointed in the first book so I was hesitate about buying this one but I did. I liked it more than the first book in the series but I didn't feel it was Ms Sala's best by any means.

Quinn Walker was discharged from the military and was recuperating at home in Rebel Ridge, Kentucky when he learns a fellow soldier and ex-lover, Mariah Conrad, has been injured in the line of duty and needs a place to recuperate herself.
Golfmagic
This was my first Sharon Sala book. Probably my last, too. Though I usually like a good romantic suspense, and I have soft spot for military heroes (thanks to Suzanne Brockmann), this book did not do it for me.

Let's start with the hero, Quinn. He was a good guy, but kind of old fashioned. If my grandma was trying to be hip, she'd really like Quinn. He cooked (but also encouraged the heroine to cook and become better at it), he was protective of the heroine (but kind of paternalistic, like
This was just OK. Even though this series takes place in a small town, the small town feel is missing for me. Ms. Sala always manages to grab my attention right away, but unfortunately also usually loses it somewhere along the way. I appreciate her heroes who aren't manhos, but I just can't seem to get into the plots of either Rebel Ridge stories I've read so far.

Trigger warning (view spoiler)
Maggie Shanley
Good romance of two vets with PTSD and their life on a ridge in Kentucky surrounded by mean bears, drugs and missing hikers.
Anita
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense
I didn't like the first half of the book, so I would give that a 3 star. I loved the last half and would give it a 5 star. So, overall this is a 4 star read. I especially love the depiction of the Walker family. In so many books the family just doesn't exist. In these books they show what a support a real family is.

Quinn Walker is a vet who came home broken 3 years ago. He has had a difficult time putting his body and mind back together and prefers his own company or that of his family. A very
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Narrated by Kathe Mazur

Its been years since I last read a Sharon Sala book but I do recall enjoying her writing style. Starting up Dont Cry for Me, I was eager to hear my first Sala audio, especially after reading the synopsis.

My one experience with narrator Kathe Mazur wasnt all that favorable. Listening to Rachel Gibsons Any Man of Mine, I found her performance adequate but not good enough to inspire a relisten. When I choose to experience Any Man of Mine again (which I will Gibson is always
Janet Robel
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was just as great as the first book. I'm really enjoying this series. All the characters are crafted so well that I couldn't wait to read more. Quinn and Mariah's book is a helluva ride.
CatBookMom
I am surprised by how much I like this little trilogy.
Rhonda
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't Cry for Me by Sharon Sala
5 STARS Don't Cry for Me is a A REBEL RIDGE NOVEL. I could not put the book down. Stayed up till 2:00am till I had finshed. Warning thier are a few sex scenes but by far thier was a full engaging story in Don't Cry for Me. I did not obey the title, I cried a little. Quinn Walker has shown up in a previous book helping to save his brother's future wife Beth. Quinn has been home from the war three years and still has nightmares. He works as a Ranger in the back
Christa
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-arc
Don't Cry for Me is an excellent romantic suspense novel. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in Sala's Rebel Ridge Series, but I liked this one even better. The main characters, Quinn Walker and Mariah Conrad, both veterans who were severely wounded in active combat duty, were very sympathetic and likeable. Quinn's family made a great group of secondary characters, and the puppy, Moses, was a delight. The book was very fast moving and had lots of action. It kept me interested, and I didn't want ...more
Melissa
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My prevailing thought while reading this? Ms. Sala is BACK! This book tugged on my heart strings almost from page 1 ~ we have wounded warrior Quinn, whom we met in Book 1 in the Rebel Ridge series, Next of Kin, as pretty much a recluse. He's come pretty far, but he's still a loner up in his isolated cabin, working his job as a parks ranger, where he spends the majority of his time alone, with only himself & the wild animals. But when he hears that a former platoon mate, Conrad, has been ...more
Jeanne
Apr 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, adventure
Recovering from injuries sustained in Afghanistan, Mariah Conrad finds a place to heal when Quinn Walker takes her to Rebel Ridge. They'd served together and fooled around before Quinn's injuries sent him home early. Familiar with the trauma of PTSD, Quinn hopes he can help the girl he loves . . . and convince her they have more between them than just a wartime fling.

Of course, things aren't going smoothly on Rebel Ridge. A poacher's causing problems. A drug operation moves in. The two run
Kerry  sullivan
This book was reviewed for Musings of a bookworm

OMG I loved this book!! it took me on an emotional journey that had me smiling the whole time. I really enjoyed how the treads of the plot came together and that the obvious routes were not always taken in the plot. I read the first book in this series and it left a very high bench mark for this one and boy did this one not only reach it but surpass it.

Mariah was the kind of women you want to be, strong and capable but soft too. Quinn was the
Jojo{ShadowRanger}
The constant change in the POV is really annoying. Quinn, Mariah, Ryal, beth, Quinn's mother, the bad guy drug dealer, the woman that sold the land and so on. Even the bear has his voice in the story. I just read Quinn and Mariah parts and skipped everyone else, they weren't important anyway.
Kbird
Jul 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF

I had to recheck the release date and was shocked to see 2012. This is a SUPER boring romance that I could NOT trudge through any longer. I thought the book was just really dated and its era of being relevant was over making it a hard book to enjoy in 2019. Its only 7 years old, therefore the book is just mind numbingly bad.

I am apparently in the minority with my assessment, but I stick by my 1 Star.

The two main characters and love birds were not relatable or captivating. I need at least one
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Wow, I enjoyed this one a lot. Quinn who we met in the previous book takes care of a vet who saved him in the war who needs help. Once again I think Sharon Sala really creates really interesting men, both good and bad. Mariah is interesting enough. I was thrilled to have a female veteran who is battling PTSD. I was of course happier when she was making things happen. What grabbed me was the unfolding of various family dynamics, so very compelling. Once again, the romance is there but its the ...more
Juliewheatcox.Net
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved that this was a story of two broken people who used their love to heal each other. PTSD can keep people from leading a "normal" life, but these two didn't let it stop them.

The romance was steamy until the suspense took over, but Mariah's heroism was the ultimate form of love. She fought so hard to save Quinn. The only thing detracting was that it sounded so super-human. I would have thought at some point she would have needed to rest before she could go on.
Cait
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an adventure!!

This is not just a story about former soldiers that have been injured and are trying to heal and figure out their lives but also a story about a mountain in Kentucky and the families that make their lives there with all the good and bad that comes with that. It's also a story of incredible bravery and what some people are willing to do in the name of love.
Linda
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! I had a soft spot for Quinn since the first book. Quinn brings Mariah home to his cabin on Rebel Ridge after she is wounded. This author has a way of pulling on your heartstrings and makes you feel what her characters are feeling. What I personally got from the story. What lengths would you go to to save someone you love.
Darlene Wilson
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again-later
Read the 2nd book first! Silly me! Mariah Conrad came home - from Afghanistan.Released stateside she has no family to call on - nowhere to go - til Quinn Walker arrives at her bedside. Quinn - - her brother-at arms, ex-lover and now - maybe her future? He brings her to his cabin in the Appalacian Mtns of Kentucky to R & Recuperate. Both suffer from PTSD!
Ada Iaboni
A story that fits our times. So many soldiers come home with more than physical injuries.
In this story a man and woman soldiers come together again after serving together. As the injuries heal, their emotional well-being is also at stake. Their love and patience and another enemy that threatens them, brings them closer.
Suze
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DON'T CRY FOR ME

Another wonderful book by Sharon Sala, her books are all very different and very special. Love the characters, the romance, and the suspense.
Christiane
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-reading this book for the 3rd time and I am still pulled emotionally to both characters. They are both suffering of PTSD and are survivors.
Kara  Anderson
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As the second book in this trilogy, it was amazing! Such a touching story of perseverance, courage and love. I could only dream out sun family ties existing. Absolutely beautiful story. Must read!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Return
  • The Perfect Lie
  • The Survivors
  • Touchstone
  • Mimosa Grove
  • White Mountain
  • Country Strong (Painted Pony Creek #1)
  • Bloodlines
  • Tallchief
  • Storm Warning
  • Legend
  • Chase the Moon
  • Jackson Rule
  • Kiss The Moon
  • Beloved (Long, Tall Texans, #16)
  • Wyoming Heart (Wyoming Men #9)
  • Midnight Crystal (Ghost Hunters, #7; Arcane Society #9; Dreamlight Trilogy #3)
  • Renegade (Long, Tall Texans, #26)

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Womens Fiction. First published in 1991, shes an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Readers

Rebel Ridge (3 books)
  • Next of Kin (Rebel Ridge, #1)
  • 'Til Death (Rebel Ridge, #3)