Start by marking “The Wrong Enemy” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Enemy

The Wrong Enemy

(Seven Archangels #4.0)

No one knows why Tabris, a guardian angel, killed the child he vowed to protect. The boy Sebastian got into Heaven, but the angels don't understand why Tabris isn't in Hell. Instead God's given him a second chance.

Another assignment. Another guardianship.

Although he struggles to help this new child, a ten-year-old girl named Elizabeth, Tabris can't escape what he did wit
ebook
Published by Museitup Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Wrong Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrong Enemy

Manuel Alfonseca
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A guardian angel kills his charge (a 12-year old boy). Is this an unforgivable sin?

An excellent unclassifiable novel, which denotes a deep and compassionate understanding of the complexity of sin, repentance and forgiveness.
Hyacinth
I have never quite read a book like this. It kind of felt like a dark night of the soul in a sense? By the way, I love the name Rachmiel, don't know why. Some of the responses from God gave me pause. The angel network was amazing, and funny at times. Reading this made me think more about what goes on in the spirit realm that we cannot see. It is very active. I was floored about the realization of Sebastian and Elizabeth. Overall, it was a great story but took a long time to build.
Linda Yezak
I *love* this book.

With an uncommon depth of understanding, Jane Lebak explores the complicated emotion of guilt while illustrating the dangers and pitfalls of misunderstanding, lack of communication, and preconceived notions, and covering everything with a grand show of God's amazing love.
Jim
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. Job 1:6 (NIV)

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12 (NIV)

“Understandable?” said the demon. “Everything is perfectly understandable. Angels have only one written law, am I correct? And that law is shown to every single guardian an
Nikole Hahn
Nov 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Speculative Christian Fiction gives a lot of creative freedom, except in this—when writing fiction using Jesus and Heaven, one needs to be careful in their portrayal. The Wrong Enemy by Jane LeBak bothered me in some ways and went deep in others.

The Wrong Enemy takes place in Heaven. It’s a story exploring the angelic realm. One of their angels, Tabris, murdered the child he was supposed to guard. The chapter opens with Tabris facing the Accuser. Tabris gets another child assignment to the anger
Lauren
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as a Goodreads first read giveaway.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book but it was definitely a unique story unlike anything I've read before.

Though the book is about guardian angels and includes Jesus and God, the religious element isn't overpowering and you wouldn't have to be religious to enjoy this book.

It took a while for me to get into the story as I tried to grasp the different aspects of the characters and the world they were in but after I did the story was
Laura Maisano
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The characters instantly drew me in and I turned the page wanting to learn more about them and their world. It was a fast read that was both thoroughly entertaining and full of wonderful thought-provoking material. I didn't have to choose between something 'fun' and something fruitful, because it was both.

The creative descriptions of everyday life made me smile, but I think what really sets this title apart is the emotion and imaginings of divine love. The Wrong Enemy
H.L. Burke

Though I've been a Christian since childhood, I've mostly avoided the Christian book sections since high school. I just got tired of stories that were safe, trite, or predictable. The Wrong Enemy is, thankfully, none of those things. This book was a breath of fresh air, or maybe of grace, with constant driving tension as various characters search for a motive (was it justified? Is that why the angel has been forgiven? Is there something darker at play?).
The angels manage to have unique character
Bookylove Anonymous
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wrong Enemy is the moving story of Tabris, a guardian angel who made a horrible, unthinkable choice and now has to deal with the heartbreaking consequences. The writing is beautiful and the characters are well-rounded. I could relate in some ways to each one of them. This story touched my heart and gave me plenty to think about. Nicely done!
Heather
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it

This book instantly drew me in. I probably shouldn't have started reading it at bed time but I just had to find out what was going on. Tons of character development and enough action to keep me interested. I found the descriptions of how the characters related to God and prayer fascinating (and close to home on occasion).
Normandie Fischer
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this story in its original iteration and loved it. Then I read it as the new and improved work and loved it. I'm just sorry I didn't get to publish this one. It's a gem.
Sherri Brown
Pranjal Chandra
Aug 26, 2019
Emily
May 24, 2016
Jane Lebak is the author of Pickup Notes and eleven other books. She has four kids, three cats, two books in print, and one husband. She lives in the Swamp and spends her time either writing books or ejecting stink bugs from the house. She is pretty sure no one reads these author bios.

She is one of the bloggers for QueryTracker.net, a resource for writers in search of an agent or small press. She

Seven Archangels (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • An Arrow In Flight (Seven Archangels, #1)
  • Sacred Cups (Seven Archangels, #2)
  • Shattered Walls (Seven Archangels, #3)
  • Annihilation (Seven Archangels, #5)
  • Damage: A Short Story (Seven Angels short story bundle)
  • Even A Stone (Seven Archangels, #2,1 )
  • Hired Man: Two companion short stories to An Arrow In Flight (Seven Archangels)
  • Winter Branches: A Short Story (Seven Angels Short Story Bundle)
  • Seven Angels Short Story Bundle