Start by marking “Love and Rockets, Vol. 10: X” as Want to Read:
Love and Rockets, Vol. 10: X

Love and Rockets, Vol. 10: X

(Love and Rockets #10)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  229 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
After ten years spent in Palomar and the fantasy worlds of BEM and Errata Stigmata, Gilbert Hernandez brought it all back home with this sharp contemporary tale. This story, which ran under the simple title "Love and Rockets" in Love and Rockets from 1990 to 1992, takes us from plush Beverly Hills to the dangerous East side and introduces us to a dizzyingly diverse cast of ...more
Published January 17th 1993 by Fantagraphics

To ask other readers questions about Love and Rockets, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Rockets, Vol. 10

Finooola
Apr 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
This was pretty good, but I suspect I might have liked it better if I hadn't been hearing for years how AMAZING L&R is. Still, I liked the art and it certainly through the music, fashion and characters' interactions vividly recalled the time and place, which was LA just before those big riots. I can't really say much without giving major spoilers, but there was no resolution to any of the stories at the end, which I wasn't expecting, but I liked.
Cori
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the 10th book in this series. I read one of these in my Chicano Art and Culture course in like, 2008? So I vaguely knew who some of the Palomar people were once we got to that part. But I had a really hard time telling people apart and the story jumps around a lot and it was confusing. I think it would have made more sense if I'd bothered to read them in order.
There's tons of story and lots of plot points and nothing is given any time to process or sink in before the next thing comes at
StrictlySequential
¡¡¡INCREDIBLE!!!

GILborn in the U.S.A. takes you above the Central American border and deftly portrays the people and politics of the 1980s.
Osvaldo
Jan 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Gilbert's stories move north to southern California, where characters that fled the central American village of Palomar find themselves as cleaning ladies and flower sellers fearing both "la migra" and the violence against people of color and the queer (both of which they are).

What really works for this story is that the characters of Riri and Marciela do not suddenly exist for the purposes of telling a story about the relationships between classes and races and sexualities, but have a life and
D.M.
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Gilbert takes us north of the border(s) for the most part in this sprawling but short, convoluted story about various characters around LA...and their varying degrees of connection to Palomar. The new characters are thinly filled, and sometimes a bit stereotyped, but it's an interesting and entertaining story. If anything can be said for this one, it's that it doesn't go the way we're led to expect. There's no great crashing climax, and what Beto has to say about humanity is, perhaps, not what w ...more
Susan
Mar 19, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This small volume gave me a introduction to the Love and Rockets graphic epic. Although I thought it was good, it was too crude for me. Exposes a street world of rockers, drugs, and social injustice.
Gessy Alvarez
Jul 16, 2009 rated it liked it
A bit of a departure from the rest of the series. Didn't love or hate it.
The Sheila
Mar 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Unrelenting. Fantastic.
Megan Kirby
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazingly large cast of characters; a testament to Beto that the reader can keep everyone straight.
Ian Cockburn
  • The Complete Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers: Volume One
  • Down the Street
  • Invincible Summer: An Anthology, Volume II: Issues 9-14
  • The Acme Novelty Library
Gilbert and his brother Jaime Hernández often write together under the name "Los Bros Hernandez".

Gilbert Hernandez, born in 1957, enjoyed a pleasant childhood in Oxnard, California, with four brothers and one sister. In Gilbert’s words, they were “born into a world with comic books in the house.” His childhood enthusiasm for the medium was equaled only by his appetite for punk rock.

Initiated by ol

Love and Rockets (1 - 10 of 60 books)
  • Love and Rockets, Vol. 1: Music for Mechanics