Start by marking “Warrior Prince (The Drift Lords, #1)” as Want to Read:
Warrior Prince (The Drift Lords, #1)

Warrior Prince

(The Drift Lords #1)

When mythologist and Florida resident Nira Larsen accepts a job as tour guide for a mysterious stranger, she's drawn into a nightmare reality where ancient myths come alive and legendary evils seek to destroy her. To survive, she must awaken her dormant powers, but the only person who can help is the man whose touch inflames her passion.

After a dimensional rift in t
Published September 21st 2012 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Warrior Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Prince

Start your review of Warrior Prince (The Drift Lords, #1)
Nora-adrienne
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, urban-fantasy
Warrior Prince
By Nancy J. Cohen
Copyright: September 2012
Publisher : The Wild Rose Press

After a dimensional rift in the
E.
Jan 09, 2013 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars

“Warrior Prince” by Nancy J. Cohen is the beginning of the ‘Drift Lords’ series and features Nira Larsen, an unemployed female who becomes ensnared in a struggle between beings whom she never realized existed. A rescue by a being named Zohar Thorald introduces her to the concept of interdimensional travel and a protective force known as the Drift Lords who are struggling to keep a race of Trolleks from invading Earth and enslaving its inhabitants. Nira is attracted to Zoha
Angela
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful surprise this book was! I read a lot of paranormal, but I don't normally read books with beings from another planet. I did really enjoy this book and can't wait for the others in this series! I was excited to see that Ms. Cohen is going to do Paz's book next. She just can't leave him like that! The action was fast moving and the characters were ... in a word... wonderful! I loved that the conflict wasn't the same old, same old and the characters were able to resolve their issue ...more
Janice Sklar
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a wonderful start to a great new series. I have enjoyed Nancy Cohen's Bad Hair Day Myseries and although I normally do not read sci fi, once I started reading this book, I could not put it down. It is a real page turner. A wonderful mix of exciting adventure, mystery and romance with science fiction and mythology. I highly recommend this book and am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
Stephanie
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First paranormal book I've read. I enjoyed the suspense, inventiveness, and tension the author creates on every page. I'll be looking for the next in this series
Erin Al-Mehairi
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Many people know award winning author Nancy J. Cohen due to her Bad Hair Day mystery series, which currently has its tenth book published. However, I first read Cohen a few years ago when I reviewed her intergalactic story Silver Seranade. Now, she is busy writing more sci-fi romance, with her touch of comedy included, and I've just recently read Warrior Prince (#1 in her new Drift Lord series) that came out this past Fall.

As always, her female characters are superb role models for women on how
Judy
This is the first book in the Drift Lords series by Nancy J. Cohen. The book opens up with Nira Larsen heading to the employment office of an amusement park just for adults called Drift World. At this amusement park, you can role play any job you could possibly want. Nira is applying for a job as a cosmetician. But things start getting freaky when the woman holding the interview, Algie, can't get Nira to fall under her mind control spell and starts to take her hostage. Just as Nira is panicking, ...more
Patty Campbell
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nira Larsen inverviews for a job. She's not looking to save Earth, she just needs the money so that can continue her mythology education, keep a roof over her head and food on the table. During her interview she falls through a dimensional crack, where evil beings are unleased. Through powers she didn't know she had she escapes--right into a group of mysterious men. One man in particular, Zohar, sparks a passion she's never known.

She learns that Zohar and his men are galactic warrior
Nicole
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: emag, written-review
The Warrior Prince, the first in a series, comes across as a combination of stories. It starts out in the science-fiction realm, with a group of men from another planet trying to rid Earth of the bad guys from a very different planet. About halfway through, the story takes a leap into the ancient tales from Norse Mythology as the characters repeat ancient quests and reacquaint themselves with the Norse Gods.

This combination has potential to work well in a story. However, readers will have a har
Purr More
This will be a short review because I had to give up after about 98 pages. I just can't force myself through a book I don't like.

Since I don't have much to say, I'm going to be quick and blunt--like pulling off a bandaid. The dialogue was cheesy, the plot bored me, the characters felt two-dimensional, I felt no connection at all between Zohar and Nira, and the overall feel of the book was very campy. If you like campy futuristic romance then maybe you will find something in this book
WiLoveBooks
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is such a mixture and once I got into it, I really enjoyed it. There are elements of sci-fi, fantasy, mythology, paranormal, and humor wrapped up in a steamy romance. There is quite a bit going on, but it works. Zohar is the leader of the Drift Lords and is trying to save Earth and everyone else and ends up getting involved with Nira who has special powers that she never knew about. A fun, action-packed, steamy read. The next book in the series is out now and I can't wait to get to it.
Maggie
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fab new futuristic series!

An ordinary tour guide job turns into an almost Wizard of Oz-like adventure for Nira Larson when she lands in the middle of an insurrection – to take over Earth! Mighty Zohar catches her eye and more as they team up to battle an ancient enemy.

Cohen’s Drift Lord series weaves science fiction, fantasy, and ancient Norse mythology in a sexy tapestry of action, adventure, and love. A fun read. Can’t wait for the next book!
NainaBug
I liked it! It was too much going on in the book for it too end like that. If it had a better ending I would of gave it a higher rating.
Leslie Anne
Oct 26, 2012
Kay
Jul 21, 2016
Desi
rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2013
Oct 27, 2012
Denise Rhodes
Oct 24, 2012
Nancy
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Joy
Oct 30, 2017
Meg Kinch
Sep 23, 2012
Naru
Aug 23, 2015
Shelly
Oct 05, 2012
Nancy J. Cohen writes the Bad Hair Day Mysteries featuring South Florida hairstylist Marla Vail. Titles in this series have been named Best Cozy Mystery by Suspense Magazine, won a Readers' Favorite Gold Medal, earned first place in the Chanticleer International Book Awards and third place in the Arizona Literary Awards. Nancy's instructional guide, "Writing the Cozy Mystery," was nominated for an ...more

The Drift Lords (3 books)
  • Warrior Rogue (The Drift Lords, #2)
  • Warrior Lord (The Drift Lords, #3)