Start by marking “Blood Vine (Blood Vine #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Vine (Blood Vine #1)

Blood Vine (Blood Vine #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  183 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
In Blood Vine, bites are an inconvenient bliss, exiled vampires are wasting away, and the fate of their kind depends on the perfect PR campaign.

When public relations pro Zoey Porter arrives at an enchanting California winery, she discovers her sexy new client is the almost one-night stand she can’t forget. After her husband’s suicide, Zoey has vowed never to risk her hear
Published January 8th 2013 by Omnific Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blood Vine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Vine

Carol Oates
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is an absolute must read for fans of The Black Dagger Brother series. I struggled to put it down once. When I picked it up again, I read the rest straight through.

Blood Vine centers of the story of Zoey, sent to create a PR campaign for a new wine. Zoey soon discovers that her new client is a familiar face, one she's been unable to forget since their almost one-night stand. While she grapple with her unwanted emotion for a man she hardly knows, she doesn't realize her boss has knowing
Traci
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to pre-read this book, and I can't wait to read the next one already! I loves me some vampires, of course. But this whole world was so fascinating. Set in modern day California wine country, an ancient vampire and his household are trying to discover a cure for the wasting disease that has plagued his kind since their exile over a hundred years ago. He hires a PR firm to help him get his message out to a scattered vampire population, about a possible cure from his vineyard. Sa ...more
Jillian
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 out of 5 stars!

The minute I received this information on this book, I was intrigued. I was eager to start and see just how this spin on the vampire world would play out and I gotta say…WOW! This story was a-freaking-mazing!

Zoey is a talented PR agent working for a successful firm in California. She’s beautiful, young and should be feeling like she’s got it all…only she knows she doesn’t. She’s been mourning the death of her husband for a few years now
Jenny - Book Sojourner
What really worked for me in this novel was the cast of characters. I love well-developed characters as well as characters that I honestly like. I got both in Blood Vine. I really and truly like this bunch of vampires and their "assistants" (for lack of a better word). Even with Andre's rough nature at times, I instantly liked him and wanted to know everything about him. Not only is he intriguing on his own, but I loved his relationship with his sons. This family drew me right in. Plus the other ...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Autumn

*Beware of possible Spoilers*

Zoey Porter is strictly business, both personally and professionally. She’s good at her job and she knows it. So when she is asked by her boss to take on the Kastel Estate Winery account, she is up to the challenge. But what she isn’t ready for is its darkly handsome owner, Andre Maras.

Andre has crafted his new wine lovingly from grapes brought over from his homeland, Croatia and it is of great importance that Zoey help him reach
Tricia Skinner
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, pnr-uf, series
Blood Vine is lush, sexy, and beautiful. Oh my, the tortured hero, Andre, broke my heart and made me crazy at the same time. Since I refuse to post reviews with spoilers I'll only say this: BITE ME, ANDRE! Read the book to find out why. Here was a complex patriarch struggling to keep not only his family together, but to save his entire race.

The writer does a great job making the science behind Blood Vine believable. I have no idea if most of what she wrote is even real, but it sounded nice and
Emily
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Delicious!
Zoey and Andre have broken hearts, but the attraction between them demands that they try again - ready or not. And they have to work together: Andre needs Zoey's PR expertise to market his wine, so that he can find his fellow exiled vampires and save them from a deadly wasting disease. Unknown to either of them, Zoey's boss is a Hunter - member of a tribe dedicated to wiping vampires off the face of the earth.
The mysteries and histories of vampires, Hunters, and Zoey and Andre entwine
Jessica
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book from Omnific Publishing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The idea of these powerful vampires dealing with the wasting disease was very intriguing. There was a good mix of folk lore and modern science that came together in a very organic way. It didn't feel shoved together, it just seemed to flow.

The romance was great. Two broken souls dealing with their own damage coming together to heal each other without knowing they were doing just that.

Sounds like the best work a
Akilah Raines
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Even though this was about vampires I was a little hesitant about it but I enjoyed it! I laughed because those vampire men had me tripping out! I instantly knew that I would like:
Andre (sexy vino pije vampire)
Zoey (ambizioso e forte)
Kos (Io lo amo impazzendo)
Pedro (il mio povero pedro)
Bel (leale e divertente)
and Susan... as for the rest? They can all burn in hell ,,,, I'm still undecided about Lucas!
The only thing that annoyed me is Andre is "Davo" all the time WTH is that!?
Wine, blood, sex, v
Hilary
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I asked for an antidote to the annoying false prudishness of the YA fantasy novels I have been reading and boy did I get it! SEX!!!!! Lots of sex. Hot vampire sex. I did not expect to like this book so much, but what fun it was. It was embarrassing to read this quietly while my family went about their business around me, but it was delightfully dirty, fun, and I look forward to the next book in the series.
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Wow! Great read & I hope there will be more books in this story to come!
Autumn
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2013
Stop by Open Book Society for the full review and promotional post as we celebrate the release of Blood Vine...

Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
Nice to see a new take on the whole vampire folklore - sexy as hell. Nice buildup. Heroine was a bit of an idiot though.
Stephanie (Bookfever. ♥)
I received this book a while back for review from the author and though it took me quite some time to actually get to it (you know, so many books, so little time...) —and trust me, I wish I had read it sooner now — I finally read it! I just want to thank to author again for being so nice to send the paperback version to me. This book was quite a ride for me and I really feel like I found a new favorite series to add to my shelves! <3

31-year-old Zoey Porter who works as a PR person. Every sinc
Elisabeth Lane
May 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to love this book. And there were aspects of it that I did love. But, as usual with vampire romance, I had some issues with it. Full disclose: I've never read a vampire romance that I loved whole-heartedly so if you're a regular vampire reader, my objections will undoubtedly be completely irrelevant ones.

The premise is that Zoey Porter arrives at a winery owned by vampire Andre Maras to help with a branding campaign for their new wine. Andre hopes to save his clan from the wastin
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to give a huge shot out to Literati Author Services for allowing me to be on this awesome tour. anyone who knows me knows I love vampire stories. I love the good the bad and the ugly stories. No matter what it is I read it and soak up the words like a sponge starving for water. So let me tell you this about Blood Vine this is a little gem that people need to read. I mean there are so many things that happen in this book that it is like riding a roller coaster of a book ride. First w ...more
Paula Millhouse
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for one of the greatest joys I've encountered - this author's take on the vampire tale.

In Belldene's debut novel Blood Vine, my expectations of the genre' were suddenly undone, and I found myself suspended in a story that worked for me on so many levels.

First, Omnific's cover is gorgeous, and the book trailer is a work of art that struck a chord somewhere deep in my soul. I found myself caring about Belldene's cast in a way that surprised me. Watch it at her website.

Zoey and Andre' ar
Celia Breslin
The first book in what promises to be an enthralling new paranormal romance series, BLOOD VINE has it all--a strong-willed heroine with a tragic past, a sexy alpha hero with an equally tragic past, a gang of bad guys you want to throttle for their fanatical stupidity, history, culture, oodles of conflict and a slew of loveable secondary characters.

Set in the northern California wine country and rich with Croatian and wine culture, Andre and Zoey’s world will draw you in from page one. Andre is a
Claire
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well this was one out of the blue a bit!
Definitely an adult book - lots of "bad" language and "adult situations" that do get extremely worded but not in a leering kinda way!

So on one side we have vamps who live and run a winery and is trying to discover the same wine that they had when they were in the homeland of Croatia before being exiled by vampire hunters. They cant return, and this wine helps keep the blood lust at bay and helps to keep them strong and all the other things vamps are! so no
Holly
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Whoa. . .

Ok, this is one heck of a book!! I started off a bit sort of intrigued but not captivated - admittedly, I'd overlooked the whole "hunter" element in the blurb so it was unexpected for me (stupidly on my behalf).

Anyway, this is amazing, there's a lot going on and none of it is boring, once I had realised the hunter element along with the other side of the story, I couldn't put it down. I was crazy about this novel.

It's much steamier than I'd normally read but it's just, again, amazing. I
Will Hocker
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Don't like to limit your opportunities when it comes to sex and romance? Read this book! Lucas and Pedro really make my heart and my member throb. But, listen, the tension between Zoey and Andre, and their sizzling encounters, keep me thoroughly engaged as I await more angst and excitement between Pedro and Lucas. Truly, just as I get my canines back behind my upper lip, another one of these hot vampires or humans bumps against me, and I'm once again out of control. This novel feels so thoroughl ...more
Willa
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I knew this book was going to be good from the first few pages, and it didn't disappoint. Blood Vine is a keeper.

Amber Belldene seduces the reader with her lush setting in the vineyards of Sonoma, a damaged but resolute heroine, big shouldered wine and big shouldered men. Leader of vampires with their backs against a wall, her hero, Andre Maras, fights for survival using stealth and viniculture to make a future for his family and to find lost compatriots. The attraction between Andre and Z
Mary
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It is a paranormal romance with vampires but Amber Belldene gives this story a new twist that is very enjoyable. I really liked the chemistry between Zoey and Andre which is enhanced by a items from their past that makes this connection even deeper, more than just the sexual connection (which is pretty intense and swoon worthy). Excited to read the sequel, their isn't a cliff hanger but there are unresolved issues that I want to find know what ultimately ...more
Kris
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Blood Vine — everything about it. Belldene creats a rich, beautiful, complex love story that has amazing characters, a unique mythology, and lush setting. While this is very much a romance, Blood Vine is really more about creating a family, and Belldene has taken these broken characters and made them whole. This is one of the best vampire novels I have read in a very long time.

See the rest of my review at Bitten By Books: http://bittenbybooks.com/61557/blood-...
Belkis
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beautiful-covers
Woo Hoo! Such a great read. Enjoyed this one so much that I read it straight through. It's super late for me so will definitely finish up this review tomorrow at a more befitting hour. But suffice it to say that I CANNOT WAIT for the next book which I'm very much hoping there will be. Really liked the story. Loved the well developed characters. Thoroughly enjoyed the writing.
Stacy McKitrick
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Since all the plot lines did not end, I can only assume there will be other books. I enjoyed the romance of the story, and the characters. Yeah, the vampires were very sexy. I look forward to seeing what will come next.
Margaret
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Very engaging book with some twists to the typical vampire lore. I would have liked a bit more background information on the various characters in the book, but this also has led me to look forward to the next book in this series.

I won this book through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.
Nikki
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Curious to see if there will be a 2nd book and if so when can we expect it???!!
Brittany
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. I found myself not putting it down. It was that good
Whispdreamer
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing. From beginning to end it was a crazy ride, full of action, romance and crazy emotions. Can't wait for the sequel( if there is one).
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Book Giveaway 1 4 Jan 10, 2013 09:09AM
  • Serati's Flame (Vampire Council of Ethics, #2)
  • Damned by Blood (Faustin Bros, #3)
  • Mate Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #2)
  • Mistress of the Stone
  • Shadow Rising (Dark Dynasties, #3)
  • Hold Me If You Can (Soulfire #3)
  • The Consolation Prize (Trueblood, #1)
  • Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight, #2)
  • Bittersweet Seraphim (Seraphim, #2)
  • Eternal Prey (Gods of the Night #3)
  • The Alpha Promise
  • Demon Can't Help It (New Orleans Vampires, #3)
  • Pleasures Untold (Hanaford Park, #2)
  • The Innocence of White: Gabi & Jack’s Story (Vamp Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Seduced by Blood (Sweetblood, #4)
  • Haven (Tranquilli Bloodline, #1)
  • Master of Fire (Mageverse #6)
  • Subtle Touch (Subtle Lovers, #2)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amberbelldene
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmberBelldene
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/amberbelldene/
Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/WF3j5

Amber Belldene grew up on the Florida panhandle, swimming with alligators, climbing oak trees and diving for scallops…when she could pull herself away from a book.  As a child, she hid her Nancy Drew novels inside the church
More about Amber Belldene...

Blood Vine (4 books)
  • Blood Entangled (Blood Vine #2)
  • Blood Reunited (Blood Vine #3)
  • Blood Eternal