Start by marking “Our Deathbeds Will Be Thirsty” as Want to Read:
Our Deathbeds Will Be Thirsty

Our Deathbeds Will Be Thirsty

Award-winning author, performer, and artist Shane.L.Koyczan’s long-awaited collection, Our Deathbeds Will Be Thirsty.

“The collection of poems speaks like a journey through each formative moment we’d forgotten we had: the monster under the bed and the intricate rules about how to overcome its powers; the ability to talk to girls or boys we liked; the fear of being bullied;
Paperback, First, 172 pages
Published 2012 by McKellar & Martin

To ask other readers questions about Our Deathbeds Will Be Thirsty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Deathbeds Will Be Thirsty

Valerie Pate
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
After seeing Shane Koyczan perform his poetry live, I was eager to get my hands upon one of his collections. Unfortunately, his books are quite pricey in paperback form - as they are imported from his native Canada; but I was able to download a couple of collections to my kindle for a reasonable fee. I have read and re-read these poems several times. I have shared them with others and delighted in their responses.
Shane is one of those writers that has a rich background of interesting stories t
Tiana
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If there was anyone I would dump my boyfriend for it would be Shane Koyczan. Even though I doubt he would want me to make such a leap. SO many of his works make me cry and seeing him in person I was a nervous wreck. Just I couldn't believe someone like him exists and his poems hit you so hard and he's just's a talented person.
Blythe
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
"the crickets have arthritis" --> godDAMN that one's a tear-jerker.
Jessica
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are no words I can string together to describe how talented this man is. But ridiciulous and hilarious are definitely the words that best describe how many spelling mistakes there are in this thing! Not that I really cared. Because it's THAT good. Yeah.
If you've never heard of Shane, go watch To This Day on YouTube before you start reading him...
Delbert Merritt
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is some really good poetry. I'm not really into poetry in general but this is some real good stuff, although I did prefer to listen to his spoken word more than I enjoyed reading it. I have his spoken word versions of all these poems on my playlist and listen to them all the time.
Taryn Rodzinyak
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shane Koyczan has such a ridiculous amount of talent. 'Apology' us one of my favourites from this book. Any love poem that references Degrassi is a poem I can get behind.
James Lotshaw
Visiting Hours was better

It was good, and many poems were complex, but, at times, I felt that they just dragged on and I didn't care for it.
Isaiah Thornton
Feb 07, 2015
Laurianne wells
Feb 07, 2019
Susan
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume has some of my favorites in it...What an amazing talent.
Xhulia

• Paint
  • Tilly
  • Junkyard Ghost Revival
  • A National Crime: The Canadian Government and the Residential School System
  • Unsettling the Settler Within: Indian Residential Schools, Truth Telling, and Reconciliation in Canada
  • Peace, Power, Righteousness: An Indigenous Manifesto
  • A Short History of Indians in Canada: Stories
  • The Comeback
  • After the Witch Hunt
  • New Shoes On A Dead Horse
  • Live for a Living
  • I Love You Is Back
  • Embers: One Ojibway's Meditations
  • Indigenous Writes: A Guide to First Nations, Métis, and Inuit Issues in Canada
  • The Education of Augie Merasty: A Residential School Memoir
  • Notes from the Divided Country: Poems
  • i'm alive / it hurts / i love it
  • Perennial
Shane L. Koyczan is a Canadian poet and writer. Born in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Koyczan grew up in Penticton, British Columbia. In 2000, he became the first Canadian to win the Individual Championship title at the US National Poetry Slam. Together with Mighty Mike McGee and C. R. Avery, he is the co-founder of spoken word, "talk rock" trio, Tons of Fun University (T.O.F.U.).

Koyczan pe