Start by marking “A Quick Bite of Flesh” as Want to Read:
A Quick Bite of Flesh

A Quick Bite of Flesh

A Quick Bite of Flesh is an outstanding collection of 55 bite-sized tales of zombie goodness. Stories of terror, sadness, adventure, revenge and betrayal. Whether you like your zombie stories terrifying, humorous, or bizarre, you will find plenty to love in this collection.

Stories by Terry Alexander, Jason Andrew, Michael H. Antonio, Mary Ann Back, Rose Blackthorn, H.G. Bl
Kindle Edition
Published September 21st 2012 by Hazardous Press

To ask other readers questions about A Quick Bite of Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Quick Bite of Flesh

Robert Helmbrecht
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I could be a little biased, being the editor, but I love this collection.

Emily
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: adult-fiction
Okay, I'm not giving myself 5 stars but I will give this book 5 stars. Just to be clear.
Jenny Twist
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
55 Shades of Zombies

An anthology of 55 very short stories with a zombie theme, this book explores a myriad of possible outcomes and coping mechanisms.
I wasn’t at all sure I was going to like this book, not being an aficionado of zombies, but I read it because three of my favourite authors – Tara Fox Hall, Tori Ridgewood and T Fox Dunham had contributed. I’m very glad I did.
In the first place all of the authors know how to write, in the second the book has been superbly well-edited - there are v
Ken
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I picked up this book for 3 reasons:
1. I know one of the authors and I picked it up to support them.
2. Its about zombies. Zombies are cool.
3. Flash fiction is a new format for me and I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Win-win-win Right?

In. Spades.

With only 1000 or so words to play around with, the chances that a reader might skip past you are pretty high, so a flash fiction author really needs to bring their "A-game" to the party. These folks did...for the most part. There were a couple of stories in
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
I enjoyed this collection of zombie tales written by various authors. There was a little bit of everything from mer-zombies to zombie pigs! Some of these stories are told from the vantage point of survivors and others from the vantage point of the undead. If you're a fan of the walking dead, you'll definitely find something in here that will delight your dark side.

Normally I try to rate each story individually when reviewing anthologies but there are indeed 55 tales in this collection and that'
Mark Scioneaux
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'll give it 5 stars. The publisher was a pleasure to work with and I hope you all enjoy my bit of flash. I have many friends in this book, so I know it is packed with great writers of the zombie genre.
Tori Ridgewood
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: horror
So many zombies, so little time… This estimable collection impressed me for its creativity in exploring the who's, whats, wheres, and whys of the undead. We have zombies on the seashore, and zombies in space. Zombies in the future, and zombies in the past. What goes on in the decaying mind of a shuffling walker? How much humanity remains when the hunger takes over? The humanity of an inhumane situation is dissected carefully by talented authors in pages of gleefully gore-spattered, sinewy yarns. ...more
Tony-Paul Vissage
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Quick Bite of Flesh is an anthology of zombie flash fiction. A collection of 55 short stories (most not over two pages) written by a variety of authors. There’s short, not sweet at all, and to the point, usual the tip of an ax blade. Some are gory, some are heart-rending (to make a questionable pun), some have pathos, a few very black and bloody humor. If you like the Undead…the rotting, mindless, eat-your-brains shambling, shuffling kind, that is…you’ll love these tales.

Well-written and packi
Brian Mazur
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good anthology offers a wide variety of a particular genre, each well written, each a good story. It is hard to find an anthology where you are entertained by each story. Here I happily say I found all of the above. Each writer is talented and imaginative. A must read for lovers of a quality read.
Lucy Pireel
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Since I'm not the only author in this anthology, I thought it couldn't hurt to let the folks know how I think about the other mighty fine zombie stories in this one.
There are a bunch of great ones longer and short like mine, but all make you shiver a bit when reading and want to keep that axe close at hand for when the zombies really come.
Corinne Campbell
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'm not really a fan of flash fiction. While some of the stories were well written and quite entertaining, the short format doesn't allow me to care about the characters or what happens at all. Very proud of my sister though, for having a story published in this anthology.
Ashley
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. *shrugs shoulders* some of the stories, as much as I hate to say it, just were NOT for me. Others were incredible, original, truly frightening, humorous... you name it!

Worth a try if you like zombie books!
Max III
Oct 03, 2013
Doug Murano
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ash Stone
Aug 28, 2014
Katrina Martinez
Jan 29, 2016
Brenda
Aug 09, 2014
Ken
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Stephanie Greenhalgh
Feb 21, 2018
Stephanie Riley
Oct 15, 2012
Aaron Gudmunson
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tony Southcotte
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Fred
Dec 13, 2012
Matthew Smallwood
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
SCLS Librarian Bob
Apr 23, 2013
Kris Freestone
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rose
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: authored
Michael H.
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)