Start by marking “Primal Design (Cajun Heat, #2)” as Want to Read:
Primal Design (Cajun Heat, #2)

Primal Design

(Cajun Heat #2)

Fashion designer and bear shifter Kitty Chambers thought fifteen years was enough time to get over her first love, Monk Badeaux, but when she sees the sexy cougar again, her mating instincts return and it’s all she can do to keep her paws off him. Despite her wariness, Monk unearths a part of her sexuality she’d never known existed, using it ruthlessly to win her back. Mon ...more
ebook
Published September 2012 by Ellora's Cave Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Primal Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primal Design

Start your review of Primal Design (Cajun Heat, #2)
Riverina Romantics
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I have another one of those rambling, all over the place reviews. I'll try to make it short and lacking as much garble as possible.

First half of the story - Loved it! It was well written. The characters sucked me in and made me hang on the edge of my seat, eager to see how their relationship would develop. And the sex...Damn, the sex was smokin. This was a wickedly hot read.

I was enthralled with Kitty and Monk.

Second half of the story - Well it wasn't really the second half, but maybe
Nikki McCarver
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved Primal Song and was stoked about reading the rest of the series. I was however, a little hesitant after knowing a bit of Kitty and Monk's past. There was a lot of pain and unresolved issues floating in there, but I know better than to doubt Danica's ability to write a good book :) I actually think I enjoyed this more than Primal Song!!

It starts out by Kitty coming home to design the dresses for Daisy's wedding. Kitty and Monk dated all through high-school and Monk broke Kitty's heart in
Juliana Chen
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
funny yet hot...
Gaele
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jeep-diva
Second in the Cajun Heat series by Danica Avet, we are told more about Kitty, a bear shifter and fashion designer and her on again off again mate Monk. This series carries with it the same unique and fun feel that the early Sookie Stackhouse stories do: although there aren’t vampires, the human community is aware of and manages to coexist with the shifter community without many difficulties.
Shifter trails are well defined, and the hunters (for this is the bayou area and nearly everyone hunts) a
Ronda  Tutt
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Deliciously Kinky!

Danica Avet has done it again. Her excellent story telling has wow'd me and sucked me into the most humorous series with the wittiest and sexiest characters that have come alive on the page. The first book Primal Song gave the reader a little detailed history behind Kitty and Monk's relationship and why Monk treated Kitty so harshly leaving me dying to know more and hoping for a reuniting.

Well this 2nd installment delivers closure with sparks flying off the page. My emotions a
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fifteen years ago, cougar shifter Monk Badeaux broke his mate’s heart and publicly humiliated her. All because of a dangerous family secret his father told him on the day he claimed her as a mate.

After the humiliation, bear shifter Kitty Chambers left town as soon as she could. Now she has to return for her best friend’s wedding and hope to avoid her first love, Monk, and their past.

Even fifteen years later, their attraction is still there and mating instincts return with a vengeance. For Monk,
Romancing the Book
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, erotica
Reviewed by: Sarah
Book provided by: Publisher
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

After getting a quick glimpse into the history between Monk and Kitty in Book 1 of the Cajun Heat series, I couldn’t wait to read Primal Design and watch the fireworks display. The author definitely did not disappoint. It was great finding out firsthand exactly what happened to cause all the friction between these two. When they finally came together again, the scenes were so hot I thought my tablet was go
Anna
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My rating for this story was due to the storyline , nothing to do with the quality of the writing itself.
I actually feel that what Monk did to Kitty was so far past the line, that even the knowledge he only did it to protect her, isn't good enough for me and is therefore unforgiveable. He socially and emotionally DEVASTATED her, destroyed her to the point it took years to recover and none of it was necessary. Just because he needed her to hate him so she would leave, didn't mean he needed to hur
Tia
Sep 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I think I might of loved this novel just a bit more than the first one. Simply because the emotions felt and seemed a lot stronger. I think it was written a bit better as well. I had to admit to laughing at some scenes in the book. I think I would of freaked out if a bear came running down the street and grabbed my arm to tug me away as well.
Sarah Kalaitzidis
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
It was awesome and I loved every moment of this book. The characters were great and so different. I can't wait to read the next book <3 ...more
Nikki
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was incredibly cute! Really good one sitting read for lovers of shifter romance! :) I need to get my hands on the next book.
Rachael
Oct 27, 2012
Crystal
Aug 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Danica Avet was born and raised in the wilds of South Louisiana where mosquitoes are big enough to carry off small children and there are only two seasons: hot and hotter. With a BA in History, she figured there were enough fry cooks in the world and decided to try her hand at writing.

Writing is how she gives the voices in her head a way out. They speak to her constantly wanting their stories told

Cajun Heat (3 books)
  • Primal Song (Cajun Heat, #1)
  • Primal Flavor (Cajun Heat, #3)

News & Interviews