Start by marking “Just Like You” as Want to Read:
Just Like You

Just Like You

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
After a difficult childhood in the deep South and with her marriage failing, Toni Varner arrived in San Francisco looking for happiness. Joining the counterculture, she spent two decades on a spiritual search. Then, in 1990, she met Papaji, an awakened master in the lineage of Sri Ramana Maharshi. She had never wanted a guru, and she certainly hadn't wanted an Indian name. ...more
Published March 1st 2003 by Do Pub Co

To ask other readers questions about Just Like You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Like You

Yollana
Nov 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: soulbusiness
I've been blessed to sit with Gangaji many times and love her clear and simple teachings. In Just Like You she shares the personal stories that she would rarely share in Satsang. Rather than being direct teachings, these stories conspire to bring home the message that awakening is possible, no matter who you are or where you are from.
abcdefg
This book, written by Rosalyn Moore, is probably one of the most important books I've ever read in my life. In fact, it's so important, I'm moving it into my list of top 5 books I've ever read.

Because of this book and the fire that it has sparked, life changes are in the works of happening for me.

Gangaji's honesty and freshness relating her experiences in her spiritual search for the truth makes this an incredible read. It is truly rare that we get this kind of transmission from a book.

It is a m
Aletheia
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A well-paced, insightful look at the life of Gangaji. It was wonderful reading about her journey -- it truly reminds you how possible awakening is for the "average" person.
Katy
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Just saw Eli & Gangaji speak at Studio Maui a few weeks ago and was inspired to read this. I liked it, but it wasn't life changing or anything.
Selfinquiry
Aug 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is a real life person who is enlightened, truly spiritually inspiring and entertaining too. Great book, read it twice.
Nan Wicker
Santos
Sep 04, 2014
Dr. Robert Moretti
Dec 24, 2017
Gangaji is an American born spiritual teacher and author. She lives in Ashland, Oregon, with her husband, fellow spiritual teacher Eli Jaxon-Bear.