Start by marking “Just Like Candy” as Want to Read:
Just Like Candy

Just Like Candy

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  685 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
The Sweetest Temptation. . .

Davis Strong has no business lusting after the new director of the Youth Center his aunt has hired. But who can resist a woman named Candy? He wants to make love to her luscious lips, caress her smooth and creamy skin, and savor her mocha-colored body. Only then will he get the dessert he's been waiting for--a taste of her sweet, hot center. .
Published January 1st 2008 by Aphrodisia

To ask other readers questions about Just Like Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Like Candy

Arthur Graham
Aug 27, 2015 marked it as to-read
I've never read it and I probably never will, but it gave me the excuse to post one of my most favorite songs about cocaine ever.
M.J. Friday
I read this book many years ago and decided to re-read it. It was a good book. I remember this was the 1st IR I had ever read and what I love about this is the complexity and challenges in their relationship.They both had issues and then there was the race aspect that added to the drama.I liked the story as well as the cast of characters,Candy and Davis where just so hot together and Milly, Angelica and Sister Pauline where great and had me laughing out loud. Good Book.
Tina
Jan 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
The author couldn't make up her mind if she wanted this book to be a sweet bare-your-soul romantic romance or a pulling-the-hair-and-screaming sexy erotic romance. So she tries both and succeeds at neither.

It was too disjointed and had some editing problems. And I hate women who puddle at the sight of a ...well...male endowment... and lose all sense. I give the book two stars because the writer is actually decent. There was some talent there. It just doesn't come together (no pun intended) in th
Rosie J.
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Romance Fans
Love, love, love the cover. Sister Pauline was a hoot! I'm giving it 4 Stars because I didn't like the heroine's unresolved family issues. I also would have enjoyed more interaction/bonding between Candy and Davis' daughter Angelica.
Marq(ReadingRomanceinColor)
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bwwm
re-read. Originally read this back in 2009. Was Goodreads out then? I can't believe I don't have this marked as 'read'

2.75stars

I skimmed the last 40% of the book. Yikes!

Not as good as the first time around. Noticed some plot inconsistency. The relationship between Davis and Gail didn't add up age wise. They met while Davis was a senior in college and Gail was a freshman. Davis graduates and then Gail shows up pregnant. But also Angelica (daughter) is 9 years old and Davis is 37 years old. None o
April
Apr 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I like most adult romances. The way I judge them is by asking this one question if I took every sex scene out would it still be a great book? Could the story stand tall without the sex? Well this book not so much, the sex amazing (it made me wanting) but the story was just so-so. Nothing extraordinary I could have went without it. After I read I literally thought what the point was. I loved the hero and heroine. And the sassy sister Pauline but I wasn’t so in love with the story plot.
Kimberly
Jun 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: interracial, contemporary, and erotica romanace readers
Shawnette
Sep 27, 2007 rated it liked it
A Sweet Temptation

Who could resist a book with a cover like this...and after reading the rave reviews, my curiosity was peaked...I must say that I enjoyed this novel! It was definitely, HOT, SPICY, FUNNY and it even tugged at your heart strings! I thought the plot involving Davis' daughter was quite intriguing and highly emotional. Although some of the sexual activity was explicit at times, it wasn't ALL "over-the-top"! The main characters were quite memorable and we also got to catch up with so
Robin
Mar 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
After the first disappointing KKT book, I was hesitant to try this one. But, it was leaps and bounds better than the other one. The sex wasn't as prevelant, but it was written a heck of a lot better. The story line was clear, made sense, was interesting, had a beginning middle and end.....all the things I expect when I pick up a book that advertises a story line. To be clear, some books tell you up front that you're just going to get 210 pages of hot sex, and that's great! You know what you're g ...more
Viah
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: interracial, x-rated
Ok let me start by saying this was my first interracial erotic read so I was super excited before I even turned the first page ....with that said imagine my disappointment when Just like Candy didn't satisfy me the way a good novel is supposed to...

Let me start by saying that I liked the overall story but I think it lacked substance...things happened too quickly & I didn't like that....In a novel, the story has to progress & develop into something for the reader...this story didn't conne
Kim
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
A throughly erotic read with a really good interracial romance thrown in. The backstory between Davis and his daughter was a tear jerky, but it really added to the overall appeal of the story. Davis and Candy were on fire. Even their day dreams about one enough were off the charts. The passion is what made them great. You could really feel the words jumping off the pages and pulling you in. Kimberly Kaye Terry is quickly becoming one of my fav erotic authors.
Cornelia
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, epub
That was my first "inter-racial" book.
One, I don't like the term because I couldn't care less about that. and seriously how it is broached in this book? the characters could be green and purple for all that changes.
Two, the little girl problems are not resolve at all. and a 9 years old don't talk like that. I now I have a little sister that age.
Three, euh the ending?

so the note is not even 2 stars.
Debbie
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was okay, as the rating states. When I started the book I said to myself, this is going to be so bad and I don't think I am going to finish it. It got better, but, it couldn't go anywhere else but up. It didn't go that far up. It was predictable and not very interesting. The characters were uninteresting and lackluster. I was glad that it came to end quickly and did not take me too long to read.
Dee
Feb 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
I positively loved Davis Strong; he is equal parts sexy, dominant, and a wee bit jealous and dysfunctional. The love scenes are fantastic without being smutty. Candy is fun, intelligent, and more than willing to stand up to Davis's dominant personality without emasculating him. I was quite pleased with the book and plan to read more of KKT's works in the future.
Layla
Dec 02, 2013 added it
Shelves: dnf
I had such a tough time reading this book and I couldn't even finish it. It all seemed a little...superficial to me. I don't know. I couldn't get into the story. It just annoyed me; everything from the nuns to nine year old Angelica.

I don't want to rate it though since I didn't finish reading it. But I don't plan to finish reading this.
Sharon
Jan 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica-romance
This book was cute and very sexy....loved the steamy man in bed in this one. The only odd thing for me was the fact that the 'conflict' wasn't really solved in this book. It was basically ignored and things moved on....I won't give anything away but I just felt like something was left unresolved, and based on the heroine's character, she wouldn't have let it go and ignored it!
July
Feb 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
Davis is attracted to the director of the youth center Candice Cain. The girls call her Candy and that is what he thinks of when he dreams of her. Lately he has been having erotic dreams of her Lucious Mocha skin wrapped around him naked in bed.
Candy has been waking up in a sweat from her erotic dreams from the father of one of her students.
A really hot story..
ツ Renée
Mar 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
This was a wonderful, delicious, naughty story about two people who discover passion, love, and family while overcoming the pain of misconceptions.

Davis had some foolish moments, but he was a good man who wanted to be a good father for his daughter, Angelica. I was happy that he and Candy were able to work through their insecurities and get their HEA.
Tisha
Oct 10, 2010 rated it liked it
This book was scorching hot and the cover wasn't half bad either...my only complaint is that there was not much character development and as a result the hero falling in love with the heroine felt a little rushed.
Genney Blass
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars. Truly enjoyed this book. Two strong characters that brought there story and finally happiness in there life even though stubborness was presented on both. Kudos to the author a very good book.
Kimchi
Jan 07, 2008 rated it liked it
It was a litle diffrent from the books i have read with interracial couples but not that nuch. It was not the big whooper that im waiting on but hopefully i will find that one book that is just as good as keeper of the flame.
Denice
Jul 26, 2010 rated it liked it
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Candy was a challenge for Davis that he felt he could handle in his dreams. Candy was intriged by a man that could fulfill her in more than one way. Allowing a man that was not even her lover to consume her every sleeping thoughts was profound for a free spirited young woman.
Cf
Apr 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
Her books are repetitive.
Jhenn
Jun 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ir-romance
4.5 stars. Loved this book, beginning to end.
Cherie
Jan 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
*****EXCELLENT******
Ethel
Apr 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Awesome
Ravegirl172
Jan 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
yalk about spicing up yur sex life.. WOO
Didichan
Feb 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
rubbish
Shayna
Apr 01, 2009 rated it liked it
Candy and Davis weren't as hot as they could have been. I was a little disappointed.
  • Harrier's Healer (The Megalodon Team, #2)
  • Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1)
  • Night to Remember
  • Big Spankable Asses
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • No Commitment Required
  • Taken by Storm
  • I'll Be Your Shelter
  • Close Encounters
  • The Real Thing
  • The Sweetest Taboo (Redemption, #5)
  • Head Over Heels (Urban Fairytales, #1)
  • The Beauty Within
  • Never Say Never
  • Kuma (Pack Rulez, #2)
  • Taming the Scotsman
  • Nerds Are Freaks Too
Kimberly began her writing career with Ellora’s Cave in March of 2006. She was quickly picked up by Kensington Publishing in 2006, and has since written four full length novels and two novellas for Kensington. She writes interracial and multicultural erotic romance and has recently added erotic fiction to her list of works.

Kimberly was one of four authors who debuted Harlequin Spice’s, Spice Brief