Start by marking “How to Raise an Honest Rabbit (Granby Knitting, #2)” as Want to Read:
How to Raise an Honest Rabbit (Granby Knitting, #2)

How to Raise an Honest Rabbit

(Granby Knitting #2)

A Granby Knitting Novella

Everything about Jeremy has always been a lie—including his last name. When one grift too many ends in tragedy, Jeremy goes straight. But life’s hard for an ex-con, and Jeremy is down to panhandling and hope when Rance Crawford offers him work at a tiny alpaca farm and fiber mill. Jeremy takes him up on the job, thinking this could be his last chan
Published October 24th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published October 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about How to Raise an Honest Rabbit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Raise an Honest Rabbit

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**4.5 stars**

Even better than the first, IMHO!

Honestly, of course I liked this. It has VIRGINS! Sweet, sweet M/M virgins, my kryptonite, bless their tender-bottomed souls.

Unlike some readers, I didn't have issues with the pacing or Jeremy's speech. To me, he put on that "con-man-talk" with the heavy charmer accent when he was nervous or trying to grift. I found Jeremy to be a completely heartbreaking and lovable character. The way he hoarded food and was afraid to put down any sorts of roots b
Ele
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This whole "men who knit" thing is becoming a turn on for me. God knows why since I 've never been interested in knitting.

I loved this story. I adored Jeremy No-Last- Name. His conviction that he is unworthy of anything good, including Aidan's love was heartbreaking.
I didn't fully connect with Aidan, I needed his POV but I learned that I'll get it down the road so it's all good.
Although I could do without Jeremy calling Aidan "boy" all the time. He seemed all man to me *leery smile*

Moving on to
Catherine
I liked Aiden, but Jeremy absolutely stole my heart.
Kaje Harper
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comfort-reread, m-m
4.5 stars. The joy of this book is watching Jeremy slowly overcome his past, discover who he can be, and learn to trust himself and others.

Jeremy grew up with a grifter father, moving from one con to another. His childhood life was unstable, unloved and based on a series of fictions so continuous that he can no longer remember his own real name. His worth was measured in how well he could lie and what value he could add to the cons that supported him and his father off other people's money.

Now
Denise H.
*** This is a terrific 2 1/2 hr. read that will please you.
In the first book, we learned how the yarn making process is like courting someone. Here we have the way to make an honest man out of con artist, Jeremy. It relates to how to hold a bunny. So cute. Simply marvelous.
This story has a deeper vein, as Jeremy, 28,

had a grifting childhood and saw horrible things, and did two years in prison.
Now, he wants to change to an honest life. Rance Crawford offers him a job at the Mill.
Aiden, 17, w
Ami
Nov 01, 2012 marked it as dnf
DNF-ed at 20%

I know that I'm probably the odd duck in case of Amy Lane's stories. I can't always get into her stories. I just don't put all of the Amy Lane's that I DNF-ed (and yes, there are few) in display. I know I will get stinky eyes because of it *grin*.

This is just one example...

When I roll my eyes on Jeremy's rambling -- because the way he talks, he surely is not smooth enough to make me believe that he's a conman that manages to fool ladies, the story just lose any charm. If Jeremy is 2
Deeze
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story.

Jeremy was adorable. For all his street smarts and time spent in prison, he was still a kind of naive and vulnerable character. I loved how he would talk to cover up his insecurities in the beginning, although I did find his inner thoughts a bit confusing at times.

The writing was a bit too flowery for me in parts and I found myself wanting to get on with the story so to speak.

An enjoyable read and a nice lead in to the next book to keep us interested.
Susan
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Hurt/comfort!!!
description

This was just wonderful. I LOVE a slow burning romance, where the hurt one is so skittish that the other one has to be patient if he wants doesn’t want to scare the hurt one away.

And this was so the case here. Jeremy has grown up with a con man as a father. He has known no other life than this. So when he witnesses his father getting shot when Jeremy is 26, he has no idea what to do now. He eventually ends up in prison for two years, but after that he’s homeless.

He is luc
BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

I swear, this series is so awesome. I don't know why I waited so long to get into this series...I swear I'm kicking myself.

Jeremy's story absolutely broke my heart in the best way possible. Everything about it tugged on my heartstrings and made me want to find him, bundle him up, and hold him close forever. Even better, where Jeremy kept breaking my heart, Aiden was always there to put the pieces back together. I loved the way I got Jeremy and Aiden's backstory, which just proved even more that
Lauraadriana
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People Who Love Sweetness
Sweetness to the Fullest I wish someone could bottle this book or something because I smile instantly when either Aiden or Jeremy come to mind.

This story is the second story for us from Rance Crawford's Ranch...We met Craw and Ben last winter...We also met Aiden and Jeremy but this time it was their story and it was pure sweetness.

Jeremy was a con man, since he was a boy his daddy had him work as his partner in con jobs. But one night things went wrong and Jeremy barely got away with his life, h
Tailtiu
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cute-sweet
Now I'm tempted to try the pattern and knit some special gloves
while waiting for Knitter in His Natural Habitat.

The picture fits.
Aiden (the much younger Top) is keeping Jeremy grounded.

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
You know that feeling when you curl up with a hot caramel latte on a cold day? Yeah, the Granby Knitting series is like that.

This installment focuses on Jeremy and Aiden, the "twins" from book 1. (Creepy, you're thinking, but no; Craw calls them that because they're inseparable.)

The first part of this book happens two and a half years before Craw meets Ben. We meet Jeremy, a reformed con looking for a break in life. Craw gives Jeremy a job and place to stay (in a barn sure, but Jeremy loves the
Heller
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5

I found the first book in this series cute. This one? Just about ripped my heart out. It had cute moments but wow, Jeremy No Last Name made my heart hurt with all the things he did and his inner voice. (view spoiler)

I loved how Aiden was there all through this prodding at Jeremy. Teaching him and being his friend and kicking his ass when he needed it. Will of iron
namericanwordcat
I think this is one of those you love it or you don't romances. Jeremy is a chatty (hyper) person and we are in his head so that is not for everyone. I loved it.

Despite, Amy Lane's unfortunate use of "boy' as a term of endearment (and even explained it is unfortunate, I was utterly charmed by this sweet, achey, slow burn romances between a much older beta hero and a much younger alpha hero.

What I loved is what good friends Aiden and Jeremy are. I loved how much of his own person Aiden is and th
Jaime
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jeremy and Aidan are such a cute fragile couple.
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

If I had my way, Amy would keep writing this series FOREVER. I'm not kidding, sexy men who knit + Amy Lane's writing sans angst = the best thing ever and totally meant just for me. That's how I feel. I love this series because if you ask me, not nearly enough people knit, especially men. Reading about them, therefore, is like a fantasy come true. And I love these men. The first story, The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters has always b
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Buddy Read with Mish.

L-O-V-E-D LOVED IT!!! Such an absolutely heartwarming and touching story.

Read.
CrabbyPatty
After the humor of Rance and Ben’s insta-love, Jeremy and Aidan’s story is much darker. Jeremy, raised by a con man, thinks love may be the biggest con of all yet he falls hard for Aiden. Lane uses the metaphor of a rabbit for Jeremy, scared and scarred by his past. “You hold still, and you gentle them, and then you get firm so they know they’re safe.” Beautiful.

I received an ARC from Dreamspinner Press in exchange of an honest review.. My review of the Granby Knitting Stories is at Gay Book R
Heather C
Do you want to smile? Like really big and goofy for several hours? Then READ THIS BOOK!!!

You don't even have to read the Critter book because I totally did it backwards and read this one first. I was just soooooo sweet and awwdorable I couldn't put it down!!

*sigh* I do love those virgins!!

Now I have to read Craw and Ben's story!!
Camille Adams
Sep 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-rom-erotica
3.5

It was good. There were some analogies that really moved me. And it was lovely watching Jeremy come into himself and find a home. That was beautiful.

There also some elements that didn't quite work:

1. I've found in a series that all books following the first lose, to varying extents, the magic that lit up the first. When an author has to write within some constraint, even if it is one she set herself in obliging herself to adhere to characterisations etc formerly established, there is some mea
Candice
Oct 30, 2012 marked it as did-not-finish
I have read good reviews on this book and I like the authors writing, however at this time, this book is not for me and I stopped around 30%. The character of Jeremy and his inner dialogue and the way he acts is just frustrating me and just not making this an enjoyable read. I may try again at a later time.
Bitchie
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just perfect!

I was a bit worried at first about the age difference between Jeremy and Aiden, but I should have known better. Jeremy was really only 28 in years, in maturity, I think 18 year old Aiden had it all over Jeremy.
Chappy
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poor Jeremy has really missed his childhood due to his dad's crazy life. He's kind of stunted and Craw brings him into the fold and gives him a chance to grow up along side of Aiden. They both eventually realize that they can be good together...though Jeremy takes some convincing.
AnnaLund
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to AnnaLund by: Julio Genao
For my honest and true view of this book, please read …MORE

Goodreads TOS-compliant review (I think, let me know when they tell us what the rules are):

"The book I just read is about two (or three) lovely people, written in beautiful language, by a very good and prolific author. I liked it very, very much.
It is for sale on Amazon.”

DISCLAIMER: My reviews now all have this pretty face, so that all and everyone on Goodreads can stay happy and beatific. I’ll let you know if I change my mind. See the
Lauren
This was a fantastic read. Amy Lane is one of my favourite authors and I swear it sometimes feels like she can do no wrong. Mostly, I love the way she writes with such wonderful emotion and good humour. I fell in love with Jeremy from the very first page. His story was so moving and beautiful - I teared up a little at times, but I also smiled a lot too. What I really liked about How to Raise an Honest Rabbit was the amount of wonderful analogies Amy used - it's something that features a lot in h ...more
Audrey
4.5 fabulously furry stars. <3 Loved Jeremy as the narrator and thought the pace (even with the huge time jump in the middle) worked very well. Aiden was just whom Jeremy needed to pull him out of his drifter/grifter lifestyle and make an honest rabbit man out of him. Could've done with a tiny bit more on why Aiden loved Jeremy so much, but other than that, purr-worthy purr-fect in its furriness. :)

Elspeth
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Even though this book was filled with sugary sweet themes of love, and trust, I still loved it.
It was, what it was, and that was a fluffy story that was perfect to read curled up on the couch under a blanket with the dog at your feet.
I really enjoyed Jeremy, his outlook in life, and how much he related to the rabbits.
A very cure book, I recommend to everyone who enjoys a shmoopy HEA!
Amy
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, LOVED this story! Aiden is so sweet and young and innocent. And Jeremy is such a good guy, trying to turn his life around and live as an honest man. Bless his little rabbit heart <3 This was a long, slow-build. No insta-love here! Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Nach seiner Entlassung aus der Haft, fehlen Jeremy Möglichkeiten und Perspektiven ein ehrliches Leben zu führen. Aber das hat er ja auch nie gelernt. Schon als Kind war er Komplize seines kriminellen Vaters und auch Jeremy ist nichts anderes als ein Betrüger. Doch dann verschlägt es ihn ausgerechnet nach Colorado. Zu Schafen, Kaninchen und Alpakas. Der griesgrämige Crow gibt ihm Arbeit in seiner Spinnerei und Jeremy wird von Craws Mitarbeiter Aidan angelernt. Zwischen dem deutlich jüngeren Mann ...more
Shelby
Oh the feels!!! Jeremy just about broke my heart in two. His fears and his anxiety all bundled up in the body of a man who doesn't really know how to just be. I was with him in all his massive word spillage just to cover up how uncomfortable he really was. I just wanted to cuddle the poor man until he felt safe.

Having met Jeremy and Aiden in book one I wasn't expecting the depth of Jeremy's backstory. We knew the basics of his life, that he was an ex-con and how he'd come to work for Craw, but t

• One True Thing (One Thing, #2)
  • Acrobat
  • Second Hand (Tucker Springs, #2)
  • Too Stupid to Live (Romancelandia, #1)
  • Written in the Stars
  • The Coil
  • After Ben (Seattle Stories, #1)
  • Hard Tail (Southampton Stories #2)
  • Play It Again, Charlie
  • Take My Picture
  • Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)
  • But My Boyfriend Is (Florida Books, #4)
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • The Shearing Gun
  • Life in Fusion (Summit City, #2)
  • Love, Like Water
  • The Return (The Austin Trilogy, #2)
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #2)
Amy Lane dodges an EDJ, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. She, her brood, and her beloved mate, Mack, live in a crumbling mortgage in Citrus Heights, California, which is riddled with spiders, cats, and more than its share of fancy and weirdness. Feel free to visit her at www.greenshill.com orwww.writerslane.blogspot.com, where she will ride the buzz of receiving your e-mail u ...more

Granby Knitting (4 books)
  • The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters (Granby Knitting, #1)
  • Knitter in His Natural Habitat (Granby Knitting, #3)
  • Blackbird Knitting in a Bunny's Lair (Granby Knitting #4)
“That much sexual tension makes me want to hump a phone pole, and that’s just not attractive in a pregnant woman.” 7 likes