Start by marking “Children of Hephaestus (Children of Hephaestus, #1)” as Want to Read:
Children of Hephaestus (Children of Hephaestus, #1)

Children of Hephaestus

(Children of Hephaestus #1)

The Olympian's Children are alive.

The project is a success: fully-functional, autonomous androids are born into the world with a hunger for affection and startling intelligence. Hecate and Iacchus are marvels of modern science, near indistinguishable to their living, breathing counterparts.

But no one knows how they work.

As the laboratory tries to reverse-engineer these rem
Published September 19th 2012 by Broken Pocket

To ask other readers questions about Children of Hephaestus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children of Hephaestus

Start your review of Children of Hephaestus (Children of Hephaestus, #1)
Ricky
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is very long, but that's because I want to be as clear and thorough as possible. There are some spoilers, but I try to avoid anything plot-important that can be avoided. Even going under the spoiler cut probably won't actually spoil your reading experience.

So. Okay. Before anything else I want to mention I really didn't dislike this book. I gave it two stars, not one. That's important, because I realize it's probably going to sound like the exact opposite in just a few paragraphs when I go
Deborah
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I thought the first few pages jerky, but I was hooked by the end of the first chapter and stayed that way through the end of the book. There were some things I really liked, such as (view spoiler) Although some things didn't quite work for me or felt uneven, like they were missing links (view spoiler) ...more
Kim
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have been a follower of the author’s web comic Wiglaf and Mordred for years now; so when I heard that she wrote a book I decided to look it up. Upon seeing the book I was a little bit hesitant; the book itself did not seem to have my type of story line; and as my previous experience with the author was a web comic I wasn’t sure how she was as a full out writer. I love Wiglaf and Mordred, though; and decided to take a chance to see if she can translate all her awesomeness in creating a web comi ...more
Mary Sneddon
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I knew going into this book it had a decently sized cast of characters and that it was a sci-fi/horror story. This made me a bit wary, honestly, as I have difficulty usually with large casts and I'm not very big into sci-fi OR horror.
By the end of chapter 2 I couldn't put the book down. I had no trouble following the characters and the light nature of the sci-fi didn't bog me down with technical jargon.
The characters are all unique and compellingly written. Their interactions seem genuine and li
Shan
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This is easily one of my favorite books. I was kind of skeptical because of all the other android books I've read, but I was greatly mistaken. There is a lot of plot twists and a ton of great character development that makes every character loveable!
Brianna
Apr 27, 2013
Lisa Antonelli
Jul 05, 2020
Kai
rated it did not like it
Mar 16, 2019
is currently reading it
Feb 01, 2020
Mikayla
Mar 15, 2020

• The Silver Eyes (Five Nights at Freddy's, #1)
  • The Edogawa Rampo Reader
  • The Fourth Closet (Five Nights at Freddy's, #3)
  • Don't Stop Believing (Silver Pines, #1)
  • Japanese Tales of Mystery & Imagination
  • Into the Pit (Five Nights at Freddy’s: Fazbear Frights #1)
  • The Black Lizard / Beast in the Shadows
  • Fetch (Five Nights at Freddy’s: Fazbear Frights #2)
  • The Survival of Molly Southbourne (Molly Southbourne, #2)
  • The Resurrectionist
  • The Fiend with Twenty Faces
Liliy (Or the more formal "Grey Liliy") loves art, be it music, drawings, or writing.

She draws in her free time (as well as making room for video games and movies), in addition to her writing.

Liliy has been drawing and writing the online comic The Adventures of Wiglaf and Mordred since 2005. And her first novel, Children of Hephaestus, was written for NaNoWriMo 2010 ( published in 2012).

News & Interviews