Start by marking “Disneyland Then, Now, and Forever” as Want to Read:
Disneyland Then, Now, and Forever

Disneyland Then, Now, and Forever

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  93 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Disneyland: Then, Now, and Forever is an unbelievable visual celebration of one of the greatest entertainment achievements of the twentieth century. Rewind your Mickey Mouse watch back to the 1950s and travel with us through the decades as the wondrous story of Disneyland unfolds via fascinating, behind-the-pixie dust stories and incredible imagery. Like a visit to the par ...more
Hardcover
Published April 2nd 2005 by Disney Editions

To ask other readers questions about Disneyland Then, Now, and Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disneyland Then, Now, and Forever

Noahb
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book if you want to learn about Disneyland history.It tells you about the rides history.It also tells you about Walt Disney.This is a great book about Disneyland.
Skyway to Aventureland
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was created to help celebrate the 50th birthday of Disneyland in 2005 and it chooses to focus largely on the impressive and unique history the park has had over that time. Some of the highlights include the various special events and celebrations that have occurred over the years, including having Winnie the Pooh run for President in the 1970s. Usually there are just a few paragraphs to cover any particular topic, however, there is just enough writing to get a nice feel for an attracti ...more
Katy Roach
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You could say that this was the book that spurred my absolute love (and career interest) for Disney History. This is the book that made me want to become an Archivist at the Walt Disney Studios. This is the book that made me my family's personal Disneyland Tour Guide.

This book changed my life.

This book covers everything: the extensive history of Disneyland, from its conception to its most recent (at the time) 2007 opening of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. This book tells you what is in Dis
Rick Ludwig
I picked this up at the park and enjoyed it. Excellent pictures reflecting the development of the park and appropriate text. This is not a comprehensive book by any means and is overpriced, but what do you expect at a theme park. A good memento for those who remember the park as it evolved through the years. There is a little bit about Disney's California Adventure, but the book is really about change and DCA is too young to have much of that yet, The 2008 edition includes the addition of charac ...more
Chris
Jul 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this book only took one night to read, it was fairly interesting. The only drawback: it's only sold as a souvenier at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, CA. I bought this book in 2008, and, up until last year July, I hadn't read it. I'm glad I brought it home to read. It may not have presented me much information that I hadn't known before, but it did give me some insight into a few things about the Disneyland park.
Carrie
Feb 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this book. I was working at the resort during the 50th anniversary, and this was one of the few things I wanted to take away. It's a playful look back at the past 50 years - the places the park has been, what it had evolved into, and what it is now. The pictures will definitely stir some memories, regardless of your last visit.
Billy
Aug 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful words and pictures about a truly beautiful place. I loved the sections on "what was there before...". Great historical perspective as well. Fans of Disneyland will love to reminisce as they read. Erica and I did!
Grace Snow
Jun 23, 2011 rated it liked it
I love Disneyland. I'm not into the movies, the characters, or the merchandise. But I really love the theme park. I know, it is so weird. Anyway, I liked this book for the peeks into Disneyland history, which I love.
Erin Hayes
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big Disneyland fan. So this was fascinating. Loved the old pictures.
Kristi Anderson
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun book to read about Disneyland. Loved the pictures and the history. Bought this when we were there for the 50 year celebration and just re-read it.
Lex
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good picture book, wish it were bigger maybe but a good addition to my research.
Cassie Ross
Jan 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
A must for Disney fans. My book cover is differant, but same author and title. Mine has great colored pictures and lots of history of how Disneyland came about.
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
2005 edition for 50th Ann. Celebration, purple and gold cover. ISBN 0786854464. Same ISBN updated 2008 edition with info and pics on Pirates and Finding Nemo Sub Voyage.
Michael
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Titus Street Professor of Ecclesiastical History

bruce.gordon@yale.edu
Denomination: Presbyterian

A native of Canada, Bruce Gordon taught from 1994 to 2008 at the University of St Andrews, Scotland, where he was professor of modern history and deputy director of the St Andrews Reformation Studies Institute. His research focuses on European religious cultures of the lat