Start by marking “Rim of the Sandhills” as Want to Read:
Rim of the Sandhills

Rim of the Sandhills

Subtitled Why I Am Still a Christian. These memoirs of a young boy growing up in the sandhills of Nebraska, attending a one-room schoolhouse, finish with his life as a teacher, lecturer, and editor. Here is a mature apologetic for the Christian faith. (Amazon Book Description)
Published August 27th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Rim of the Sandhills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rim of the Sandhills

Bob
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: memoir
James Sire is a friend, something readers of this review should take into account. But if you enjoy memoirs of interesting people, and particularly those chronicling intellectual and spiritual journeys, this is a good read. Sire may not be widely known outside Christian intellectual circles but his impact has been significant. He presided as editor at InterVarsity Press during its emergence as a significant Christian publisher of the works of Paul Little, Francis Schaeffer, J I Packer, Ron Sider ...more
Russell George
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book

In part, I enjoyed reading this book because I grew up in the Sand hills. I was saved at the University of Nebraska through the ministry of Intervarsity. I'm sure you will enjoy reading this book.
Thomas Grosh IV
An excellent piece in providing perspective regarding Jim Sire's life, thought, and vocation/ministry. I find it particularly helpful in seeing how his thought on worldview was birthed and continues to develop. A testimony. To God be the glory!

Much more coming as I interview Jim Sire for a project for "Christian Thought and Ethics in the Contemporary World," taught by Ken Miller at Evangelical Theological Seminary.
Cecilia Baker