Start by marking “The Chocolate Touch (Amour et Chocolat #4)” as Want to Read:
The Chocolate Touch  (Amour et Chocolat #4)

The Chocolate Touch

(Amour et Chocolat #4)

La Vie en Chocolat
Dominique Richard's reputation says it all—wild past, wilder flavors, black leather and smoldering heat. Jaime Corey is hardly the first woman to be drawn to all that dark, delicious danger. Sitting in Dom's opulent chocolaterie in Paris day after day, she lets his decadent creations restore her weary body and spirit, understanding that the man himself is
Published July 30th 2013 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about The Chocolate Touch, please sign up.
Hannah Definitely! The girl in this is the sister of the girl from the previous book in the series, but you won't miss out on anything by reading this book…moreDefinitely! The girl in this is the sister of the girl from the previous book in the series, but you won't miss out on anything by reading this book first. (less)

♥Rachel♥
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I said in my review of The Chocolate Thief that reading it was a heady and sensual experience. Reading The Chocolate Touch was that times about ten! Oh my, I am in love with Dominique Richard!

Big, rough, but oh-so gorgeous, Dominique Richard, is the top chocolatier in Paris. He rose from the bottom and gained success with sheer determination and will. His upbringing was harsh, and he knows he’s rough and dark from it. Still, when a sees a little wisp-of-woman sitting in his salon day after day q
Angie
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed here @ Angieville

"The time has come," the Walrus said. I am now three (or four, depending on how you slice it) books in and can categorically classify this series as bibliocrack of the highest order. A classification I hope will excuse my reviewing this third installment a touch early. My intentions are pure, I assure you. I just want to make absolutely sure you all know going in that the quality--it remains high. Yes, it does. And so while THE CHOCOLATE TOUCH sadly does not
Katie(babs)
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If there is an author you should be reading, it’s Laura Florand. Her Amour et Chocolat series is as wonderful and rich as the sweet chocolate candy most of us have mad cravings for. I’m a chocolate addict, and I can say I’m addicted to Laura’s writing and characters, and how she brings forth the sights and sounds of Paris in her books. The Chocolate Touch is a bit different from her prior books, mainly in terms of the sensuality factor. The passion is more intense here, and it works marvelously ...more
Kathleen
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-contemp
Fabulous author. She's new to me. Thanks to Cristina for the recommendation. This is the fourth book in the series, and the only one I've read, but I was easily able to follow along. There were a few French words, but usually the author inserted a translation afterwards. Not all the time, though, so I looked up l'inconnue. It means stranger, unknown woman.

The book is set in contemporary Paris. It's told in 3rd POV, switching between the hero and the heroine, mainly. We get lots of the hero's tho
Keertana
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ever since The Chocolate Thief, I've been a die-hard fan of Florand. Although none of the books in this series have come as close to my heart as her first one, her works are gems. Not only are they swoon-worthy and engaging, impossible to put down once begun, but they are written with a sensual and gripping style that draws you into the lives of the characters. Florand seamlessly manages to add depth to mere chick-lit, allowing her books to transcend from simple pleasure to true enrichment. With ...more
Quinn's Book Nook
To say that I loved The Chocolate Touch by Laura Florand is putting my feelings mildly. Because I absolutely, completely, adored this book.

And, pretty much every reason why I adored The Chocolate Touch so much all boils down to one aspect of the story. And that is the amazingness that is Dominique Richard, the hero of this book.

Dom is a famous for the chocolate dishes he creates in Paris. He’s sexy, and has definitely had more than his fair share of sexytimes with women. But when he first notice
Cristina
A mouthwatering treasure! You know the ones. The ones that are so good that you hate to reach the end. This is one of them.

Mandi Schreiner
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Favorite Quote: “I can’t get enough of you. I’m like some vampire, I’ll suck you dry.”

“No.” He stroked her body urgently. “You said I was the sun, and you can’t suck the sun dry. I promise I won’t run out. I promise. You make me feel – “ like I can give out heat and love forever. And never, ever falter.

Dominique Richard is one of Paris’s best chocolatiers. At a young age his father thrust him into a butcher’s shop, but years later Dom escaped that profession, and made his way through elite pastr
Joy (joyous reads)
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-my-kindle
Dominique Richard’s personality perfectly represents the type of chocolate deserts he create: untamed, brass, and delightfully sinful. While his creations draw the wealthy masses for their decadence, there is one person who seeks the wild flavours of his chocolate for their soul-healing quality.

Jamie Corey’s guilt of being born with a silver spoon has led her to become the champion of those who can’t defend themselves. After an incident that nearly cost her, her life, she decides to get lost in
Nadia
I read The Chocolate Thief (the first book) a while ago and I liked the way Florand described different aromas and flavors and I thought the idea of a thief who steals only chocolate is unique, amazing.
She has a way with words when describing food, particularly chocolate, so you can actually taste it in your mouth. Florand has also a way with words when describing things, places, people and their feelings. But when it comes to creating a story with those descriptions, I found it was falling sho
Rachel Neumeier
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, this one blew me away. Magalie in The Chocolate Kiss is my favorite of Florand’s female protagonists, but Dom is definitely my favorite of her male protagonists. And I say that as a reader who really enjoys all of Florand’s protagonists in all her books.

I think I love best the most damaged protagonists? And Dom definitely carries the most extreme baggage. He carries it very, very well:

"He knew the value of strength, that was one thing he knew very well. It was to make himself unassail
Lisa
First read: April 2015 (4 Stars)

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS

I couldn't get into Phillip's book just yet so I started Dominique's and OH MY GOD !!!! being in his head is so much fun?? HE is so much fun. I got little glimpses of him and Jaime when I read Celie's book and now finally reading their story, I enjoyed it immensely.

THE ENDING BITS: (view spoiler)
Erika
UPDATE:

So.....just spent an hour rereading the last 15%, and that part was really fantastic. Really beautiful and fulfilling. However, the first 85%? Uh, not so much for me.

Initial thought and review:

I read up to about 60% and then sort of read/skimmed the rest. Overall, I will say that I love Florand's writing. It is absolutely beautiful. I also adored Dom.

But unfortunately, my enjoyment was dulled by the incessant references to Dom's sexual past. Nothing detailed or specific; just tiny snippe
maggieandteddy
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Chocolate stars. 72% cocoa stars!!!
Why oh why did I wait so long to read this book? I have 4 Laura Florand books on my kindle. I've spent so much time trying to decide: which one should I read first?! I kept coming back to this book. I didn't own this one- but I borrowed it from KU. I'm a big chocolate fiend. Love and Chocolate, what a great combo. Jaime is very delicate and small, Dom, is a very large- larger than life Chocolate desert chef. He becomes enamored of Jaime.
The POV is 3rd perso
Kay (aka) Miss Bates
The best thing about Florand's THE CHOCOLATE TOUCH is the wondrous city of Paree and the scrumptious chocolates. The romance didn't leave as delicious a taste! Dom, the hero, is so lacking in self-worth that the entire novel turns into a litany of how undeserving he is. The same for a heroine who feels small and plain and helpless. There are legitimate reasons for the hero's and heroine's feelings of worthlessness, but these are so circuitous and repetitive that the novel becomes a tad tedious. ...more
namericanwordcat
I have had this book for a while but saved it for when I needed a really good book Boy, was it ever!

I love everything about this book. My only quibble is I want an epilogue. I know I will see Dom and Jamie in future books in the series but I want more now.

The sensuality, humanness, and sheer love on display in this book make it grand.

Dom quickly become one of my favorite heroes and Jaime is match. They both take huge emotionial risks. I find that so compelling and romantic.

There are tons of won
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

I really enjoyed this sweet romance, set in the city of romance, Paris. There was a lot going on with the characters and the story slowly unfolded so the reader could enjoy getting to know them.
high_on_books
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Това е втората книга на Лора Флоран, която прочитам и май ми хареса повече от първата. Начина по който тази жена умее да описва шоколада те пренася в кухнята на най-добрите шоколатиери, обгръща те мириса на какао и почти можеш да усетиш шоколада който се разтапя в устата ти. Любов и шоколадовата какво може да иска повече една жена :)
Chachic
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: signed, best-of-2013
Originally posted here.

My love affair with Laura Florand's Amour et Chocolat contemporary romance series started with The Chocolate Thief . I was captivated by that first book and I knew I would want to read the rest of the novels as soon as they came out. I have been really curious about The Chocolate Touch ever since I found out who the two main characters are going to be - both Dominique and Jaime were mentioned in the first book. I was lucky enough to get a review copy of this and I read it
Jane Stewart
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
The main plot was based on murky and fuzzy conversations between the couple. I skimmed a lot in the last half.

Jaime was beat up by some thugs and is recovering psychologically and physically. She is an heiress but keeps her name and money a secret. She believes she is unattractive and that men are only attracted to her money. Dom slept with many beautiful women before Jaime. So Jaime compares herself to them and feels lacking.

I wanted more plot. This was mostly internal angst about not feeling g
Valerie
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really didn't think I would like this as much as I liked The Chocolate Thief. And I was sure there was no way it could come close to how much I loved The Chocolate Kiss. But I was wrong. So very, very wrong. I think this is my new favorite in this series. I'm not sure how the author is keeping the magic going with these books but I'm loving every minute of it and I hope it never stops.

Dominique Richard was not a character that made my heart swoon in the other books and I didn't think I'd feel
nick

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh"
4.5 stars.
Racquel
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series is going to kill me.
Jan
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one. Dominique is so hot! Jaime so vulnerable. But so was he. All gruff and sexy, but hiding a heart of marshmallow. Lovely story.
Julie James
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this one! Expect lots of chocolate cravings while reading. :)
Shannon
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. The conflict is a quiet one, along the lines of, "Is he/she going to think I'm codependent if I never want him/her out of my life?" Both the leads fall for each other and fall hard, but they're broken in different ways.

I particularly loved how aware of her privilege Jaime was, and that part of her journey was her recognizing that fact but not flagellating herself because other people have it worse.

Dominique, though... He's a giant cinnamon roll, all hard edges but with a mar
Trinity
This was alright to me, I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. I didn't like Dominique's character but I did like Jaime's. I do see why many people rated this book 5 stars but I didn't love it so much. It was alright, I didn't really feel connected to the characters but it was enjoyable.
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Mar 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I thought you were different.

DNF

Because:

1)"But she was too small and too frecked, so maybe just another city anorexic.

Errr, NO. La anorexia es una ENFERMEDAD así que utilizar el término tan livianamente para describir a alguien que es flaco (más de lo normal) es una vergüenza y una falta de respeto.

2) But she was slightly more rounded than the Parisian ideal, and judgmental of women who starved themselves for fashion"

¿En vez de criticar a esas mujeres por qué carajo no criticas el sistema?, m
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 26, 2016 11:09AM
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • Beyond Repair
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Her Favorite Rival (Mathews Sisters, #2)
  • The Corrupt Comte (The Bourbon Boys Quartet, #1)
  • Fallen Angel
  • Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • A Man And A Woman (The Lady's Tutor. #1.5)
  • What the Librarian Did
  • In Want of a Wife (Bitter Springs #3)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Wake Up Married serial, Episodes 1 - 6 (Wake Up Married #1-6)
Laura Florand is the international bestselling and award-winning author of fifteen books, including the Vie en Roses series (Once Upon a Rose), the Paris Hearts series (All for You), and the Amour et Chocolat series (The Chocolate Thief). Selected by NPR for their Top 100 Romance list, her books have appeared in ten languages, been nominated for RT Reviewers’ Choice Best Book of the Year, received ...more

Amour et Chocolat (9 books)
  • The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat, #1)
  • The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolat, #2)
  • The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat, #3; La Vie en Roses, #0.5)
  • The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat, #5)
  • Heart's Gift (Amour et Chocolat)
  • Practice (Amour et Chocolat)
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • Sun-Kissed (Amour et Chocolat, #7; Snow Queen, #2)
“He had suddenly the clearest understanding he had ever had of the way his father had gone so wrong. A man's strength was supposed to be against the outside world; to fight it back from himself and from those he took under his protection: his wife, his children, and for a man strong enough, more people still, people like his employees. To turn it inward, against the very people you had been given the strength to protect, because you couldn't deal with the outward fight, was the ultimate weakness.” 11 likes
“She had to lift both hands to illustrate what she meant, but he just let her carry his hand with her, not about to let go. She pushed the free hand toward the one he held, apparently trying to gesture closeness. "Warm," she said again. And then she did something that undid him to the last faint whisper of his soul: she gave his hand a squeeze with fingertips that could just barely reach around his, apparently using him to indicate what she wanted to say. He meant warmth. He meant this word she couldn't find.” 10 likes