Start by marking “Holding Your Family Together: 5 Simple Steps to Help Bring Your Family Closer to God and Each Other” as Want to Read:

Imagine a home where every person feels loved, valued and heard. Imagine a family that seeks God’s wisdom, will and Word together. Imagine an intimate, affectionate community where every night is an experience of caring, sharing, comfort and peace.

You can make this beautiful picture a reality in your home. But it won’t happen by accident, you need a plan! Holding Your
Published April 30th 2013 by Regal (first published April 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Holding Your Family Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holding Your Family Together

Start your review of Holding Your Family Together: 5 Simple Steps to Help Bring Your Family Closer to God and Each Other
Chrysanne
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A book with a mission that will transform families and households! One of the best books on parenting and family life I have ever read.
emyrose8
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I laughed, I cried... it moved me Bob. A book every parent should read. I first heard about Faith5 at this year's All Worker's Conference (Lutheran Educator's Conference) where Dr. Rich was a guest speaker. His speech was so awesome, it made me want to read his book. I'm so glad I did. It is uplifting and challenges the world's idea of parenting. I don't have any kids, but when I do, I plan to do the Faith5 every night. There are lots of cool facts about the brain/body/neuroscience in (mostly) ...more
Lindsey Goetz
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I appreciate Dr. Melheim's passion and sincerity. I also love the concept of the Faith5 and have seen similar practices bear fruit in our family's life (even though we haven't been calling it that). There are many interesting facts sprinkled throughout this book, but it felt unnecessarily long-- like there was a lot of filler added to turn an hour long presentation into a book. I skimmed a lot.
Bill
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
As parents, why wouldn't we want the best for our children - physically, emotionally and, most importantly, spiritually.

Dr. Rich Melheim, building on a plan he lived and grew into, guides families through a simple 5-step nightly ritual with the purpose of bonding family members to one another (parents to children, siblings to siblings, etc.) with communication.

It is clear that Rich is deeply passionate about our children's welfare and future. Yet, his approach is friendly, conversational and
Gibs
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderfully useful book, and I'm glad I have it on my shelf. The authors "Faith5" plan has strong merit. He articulates the plan carefully, and from many different angles. His claims and conclusions seems well-researched and supported. In addition, he supports his suggestions with personal experience from both himself and others.

I rate the book only 4 stars because there is a great deal of redundancy throughout its pages. Sometimes that's useful; often not. I appreciate all the
Jen Jarman
I found the practices of Rich Melheim to be spot-on in terms of raising young children, but do agree with some other folks whom I read the book with that his presentation style is somewhat "in your face" at times and can be turn off for others. The stories of real families using the Faith 5 practices in the home were helpful and the bonus material at the end of the book were a great asset to our group.
Luke
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"You can give immeasurable psychological, sociological, neurological and theological gift to your children tonight without spending a nickel."
Very fine suggestions for building and strengthening families that are under attack that would not take a lot of time or preoparation. Communications, self-esteem, problem solving, so many benefits. I have been looking for something and this might be it. The best time to start this would be 5 or 10 years ago. The second best time is tonight.
Trace
Nov 16, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 star rating.

I liked this book... the Faith5 program makes sense and we already do our own version of this. The author throws in a lot of information about the neurological effects of these steps.... I found this FASCINATING! Lots of interesting tidbits of information...
BUT there was a lot of "filler" that I could have done without...
Jeremy Pedersen
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. It gives easy practices based on solid psychological, sociological, neurological (!) and theological rationale. Fascinating but easily readable. In fact, I will buy a few more of these books and give them to the families in my Lutheran parish as part of baptism preparation (we are already doing the practices at church as part of our church school.)
Clarissa
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is wonderful. My family is already reaping the rewards and my kids can't wait to do "highs and lows" every night. You can apply these principles regardless of your religion with just a little tweaking.
Melissa
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
This book is wonderful, and much-needed in the world today. I highly recommend it to all Christian parents.
Wendy
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love the premise. Love the practice, and it was well-received by my two boys, ages 6 and 10. Looking forward to many more nights of pillow fights, sharing, reading, talking, praying, and blessing!
Megan
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Cover and change of title 2 213 Nov 02, 2018 09:48AM

• Guts
  • Hannah Coulter
  • A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1)
  • Miracles and Other Reasonable Things: A Story of Unlearning and Relearning God
  • Short