Start by marking “Ready to Rumble (Love of the Game, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ready to Rumble (Love of the Game, #1)

Ready to Rumble

(Love of the Game #1)

Demitria Stavos has been secretly in love with her father’s star performer, Nikolai “Granite” Petrov for years. She has an international reputation as a party girl and he doesn’t even notice she’s alive.

When they’re thrown together on a promotional tour for the Stavos’ professional wrestling entertainment company, each may have finally met their match.
Published September 13th 2012 by What Shayne Wants

To ask other readers questions about Ready to Rumble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready to Rumble

Start your review of Ready to Rumble (Love of the Game, #1)
Lindsey
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-freebies
3.5 Stars
I usually round down when rating, however I just loved the writing!

Demitria -
 photo methodgetampsronda-rousey-03-21-12-10-52-13-983.jpg

Nikolai “Granite” Petrov
 photo l_e1c5dc920509370493e62709259974cb.jpg

Demitria was a great a great heroine!
Nikolai was super hot, alpha-like, and badass.

This story was just too short, and very little angst which is why it wasn't 5 stars for me, however this is my second book by Shayne McClendon that I have stumbled upon and I just adore her writing.

Amazon (ebook) freebie 2/22/13
CeCe
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5- 4 stars.
I was looking for something with little to no drama, but with a good love story and that is what I found with Ready to Rumble. I read this in one day. I enjoyed the author's writing style. I really liked the book. My only complaint is that the story just ended. If the story just ends and there will be no sequel, then I need an epilogue. I have so many questions regarding the two MCs. I loved this couple, but the story just ended.

3 stars means that the book was ok and 4 stars means
Chrissy
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVE Shayne McClendon and this book did not disappoint! Demitria is an amazingly strong woman and doesn't need anyone to help her with anything. (Except maybe her PA and best friend Claire) She has an undeserved bad reputation but she continues to work harder than anyone else to keep the family wrestling business going. She is an amazing female character and I loved it! Her chemistry with Nikolai is awesome and the story is very touching as they finally admit their long denied love ...more
Trixie
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: box-set
I want a Nikolai. Right now. The characters and plots are so easy to fall in love with. Sweet, simple, and very HOT. I highly recommend it! (once again, this is not a review I wrote, but again... I couldn't say it better)
Jane
In Ready to Rumble Demitria Stavos and Nikolai “Granite” Petrov are part of her family wrestling team company. Both have wanted the other for years and after Nikolai watches a male wrestler attack Demitria; they open up to each other about how they feel about each other.

I liked the connection, the deep emotional commitment and how they stood up for their values. It started a bit slow but finished with a happy ending.
Angela Goodrich
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I hate sports, but LOVE sports-related romances.

I almost feel bad that I was able to read this book for free, but it is definitely worth reading and I have now added Shayne McClendon to my "must read" list. I absolutely enjoyed that the main characters were in love with each other for years but were too afraid to acknowledge their feelings for one another (for their own reasons). Although this was a novella, there were enough references to their shared backgrounds and long-term feelings for one
Katerina
4 stars for this helluva read!

Wow! I am so glad I don't need specs for reading. They would have steamed up constantly!
And the fact that Shayne McClendon wrote this, is the only reason that is keeping me from substracting some stars and a half.

Oh boy, was this cheesy!
Hero and heroine ooh-ing and aah-ing over each other nonstop.
I was rolling my eyes.
I experienced secondhand embarrassment.
I sighed internally.
...a whirlwind of emotions!

The heroine's parents behavior made me cringe and shake my head
Pippa
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a short an sweet love story i read in between reading some more meaty, longer novels.

I enjoyed it. Wasn't too heavy and the two main characters were really sweet in getting it together. Was steamy in places without being over the top.

Would have liked an epilogue as it was a bit rushed at the end.
Ingie
No, no it can't be more than 2 measly little stars for this short erotic romance. It was hot and a lot of steam but nothing more. Yes I skimmed but I couldn't stop to smile a little bit reading about this two shapely athletes and their little awkward way to reach each other.

I didn't really LIKE (but a little bit, they were, after all, a little sweet in their longing)
Lorie Glowania
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Demi has been secretly in love Nikolai a star wrestler that her father has close bonds to. After many years she believes he doesn't even know she exist other then a little sister. A situation develops and she becomes under the care of Nikolai. Can she win his heart
Holly
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I so love Shayne M's books. I read them all the time. I want to have a man like Nikali in this books. I love Shayne and her books. Keep them coming.
Carissa
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Will be reading a lot more from this author
Jenny Miller
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow! For a fairly short story, this was good from start to finish. It's nice to see a tough, hard-working chick get what she deserves :D Super steamy scenes didn't hurt, either..
Cara Ross
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is super-HOT! And I don’t just mean the sex! So we start the story with Demitria in her hotel room with her assistant Claire going through the tabloids on her tablet and reading an article about herself then about the wrestler she is in love with. We then follow a short flashback on Demi life and her career finishing injury and the part that Nikolai plays in taking care of her. Demi then goes to the hotel gym to work out only to find she is working out with the man of her dreams, ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness what a fantastic book this is.
Demitria is a wonderful character. She's strong and fiery. She's knows what she wants & that's Nikolai, a friend of the family for many years.

This book contains a lot of sexual tension, very sexy scenes and some brilliant characters. I need my very own Nikolai. I could seriously sit here and drool about him for hours.

This author never fails to amaze me. I hope she keeps on writing lots more books and opening our minds to lots more excitement:)
Anima
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-romance
I purchased this book but also received an ARC from the author for the updated Love of the Game bundle.

Strong females and alpha males are Shayne' s specialty. The fact this story has wrestlers doesn't matter, it could be any sport. Their feelings are true, intimate and sexy. Hoping for more of Claire's story, Demitria' s assistant.
Xavier Neal
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great read if...you enjoy romance novels, erotic novels, great sex scenes, wrestling, fame stories, drama, secret longings, accents, family centered characters, and a very hot, steamy, yet sweet happily ever after.
Karoline
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This short story was about the sport of "wrestling", but don't let that put you off. I hate sports and reading about them, but this made it enjoyable. How can you not fall in love with Nikolai? Great short read.
Karen
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once again Shayne didn't disappoint me. I really enjoyed this story. Demitria and Nikolai have been in love with the each other for years but neither one was aware. Thrown together on a promotional tour they realize how much they are in love.
Mylene
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story.....

Nikolai might be my new boyfriend book..... :-)

I don't like wrestling ...just notice its not a book about wrestling but a great and HOT love story :-)

This story made me want to learn russian..

Once again..I LOVED it :-) <3
J B
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not a terrible novella but felt like there parts that needed a bit further explanation
Talltree
Jul 18, 2015 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
Couldn't get past sample...H's dialogues sounded...too lame and artificial.
Rochelle
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
3,75
Cassie
Feb 23, 2013 marked it as to-read
free on amazon 2.23.13
Mel Bedford
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Shayne's writing, can't get enough! She never disappoints, even when I wasn't sure about a wrestling story. I'm always drawn into her characters!
Stace
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5
SB CS
Short story with likable characters. I enjoy this book and I'm looking forward to read more about this author.
Karenvancoppenolle
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Demitria and Nikolai What an amazing love story............
I'm in love with both characters really they are super hot.
I love this book read it and enjoy, I'm sure you will
Douglas
Mar 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
It seems like a short, rough draft of an idea for a book. And the time frame of the story ludicrous--acknowledging feelings, getting married, telling family within a 3 day span.
Janey
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it

Nice little uncomplicated love story..liked the delivery, but disliked the length..would have enjoyed a further journey with Demi & Nikolai.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
If you’re looking for stories that tug at your heart, make you laugh out loud, and sometimes make you cry so hard you need a giant box of tissues…look no further than books by Shayne McClendon.

She’s a prolific author (more than 8 million words and counting) known for dramatic, steamy, enthralling fiction that will grab you and not let go until the last page.

A nomad at heart, Shayne currently lives

Love of the Game (3 books)
  • Breaking the Ice (Love of the Game, #2)
  • Time to Make the Doughnuts (Love of the Game, #3)