Start by marking “divortiare” as Want to Read:
divortiare

divortiare

GENERAL WARNING
May cause prolonged delusion, hyper-romanticism, temporary insanity, insomnia, selective memory loss, spontaneous crying, uncontrollable giggles, changes in appetite, irresistible urge to write quotes, compulsive buying, unexplainable peace of mind.

Novel kedua karya Ika Natassa ini dengan sangat mudah bisa membuat orang jatuh cinta dengan gaya bertuturnya. S
Published September 2012 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about divortiare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about divortiare

Winna
Aug 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never read a book written by Ika before, but the premise of this one catches my attention. Not to mention the lovely cover :)

The book reminds me a little of Alone in Love, a Korean TV series based on a similar plot. However, this one's more down to earth, less coincidental and very real, very Indonesian. I love the characters, I love the dialog, I even love the interior monologue that Lexy often has. I only dislike how insecure she gets, and how angry she and Beno sometimes become to each
Daniel
Ika Natassa
Divortiare
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
328 pages
5.5

Ika Natassa’s prescription of Divortiare--pretty much similar with her other concoctions--consists of unlikable characters, overdramatic conflict, and rushed resolution. Yet, if you compare it to her other oeuvres, Divortiare is calmer and tamer, allowing her wordsmanship to shine through.

On the cover of her sophomore effort, Divortiare, Ika Natassa has warned the readers that her book may cause prolonged delusion, hyper-romanticism, tempora
Detta
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
i read this book on my 4-days trip to KL. considering that i managed to finished it quite fast, i consider this as a super-light book.

i was appaled by the author's first book AVYW, which i read couple years back. but as a divorcee myself, i decided to give Divortiare a chance.

i suspect the author is too lazy to create a main character, who is very similar to AVYW and (big chance) herself. a late 20 woman, successful banker, lives in apartment in Kuningan, loves sushi with Sushi Tei standard (whi
Intan
Sep 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-timefavorite
I'm so surprised with this book! Gue awalnya agak-agak males beli, simply because at first i thought that it's just one of the metropop trashy series (sorry I must admit what i feel about chicklits). I chose to buy it since I was interested with the title; Divortiare. It means 'Divorce', doesn't it? Great idea! Let's enjoy the story about the REAL life.

And it was true, reading this book was such an addiction. I couldn't even stop it although it was already midnight. I loved the plot and the rati
Manik Sukoco
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The prelude is catching my attention:
"Commitment is a funny thing, you know? It's almost like getting a tattoo. You think and you think and you think before you get one. And once you get one, it sticks to you hard and deep."

This book is actually focusing about two people, which no matter how hard they tried and denied it, still can't get over their feeling for each other after they got divorce.

The chemistry between Alexandra and Beno was so strong, since the very beginning through all of those
Gita
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Alexandra. Late twenty-something. A busy banker who wears branded fashion items and eats at fancy places. Where have I read that before? Oh right, her previous book (DAN her third book, Antologi Rasa). Dari awal udah agak-agak ngerasa, "Gosh, not again," but this is Ika Natassa we're talking about. I LOVED her Antologi Rasa, so obviously I'm going to taste all of her babies (that sounded way more normal in my head). Moving on:

I am so done with childish adults.

Kata Ninit Yunita, "Novel kedua kary
Tatania
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right
Where should I start?
Hmmm.....
First, maybe I would definitely said beno and lexy's chemistry is totally unavoidable. Look at them. No matter how insulting their bantering, there's love there. And it's so big that even people could easily said "man, you got it bad."
And they are.
But their ego and other things just completely destroyed their relationship.
I would say, well I literally know how alexandra feels to become wife of a doctor. Because I met one, I knew how it feels. Not literally a
ALF
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel, 2015
what the fuck!!!! so damn, I loved the fucking novel!! aaah, I think that I'll die cause laugh when I read this fucking novel. this novel is so funny, sweet, etc!! I loved this novel, character's figure there specially BENO!! and I can't believe that this fucking novel make me frustrating when this fucking novel the end!! .-.

oh my god, I don't believe to my self cause I make review like a shit --"
Farah
Nov 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all of you
Recommended to Farah by: myself
Nikah muda.. apalagi fallin love at the first sight mending jangannnn huhuhu.. doc and bankers must think twice before getting married.. hehehehhe
Alinku
Aug 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes, we do have to choose to settle down. But aren't we supposed to settle down with the one that we truly love, not the one that just happens to be there?
Shafya Sungkar
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Menyebalkan.

I didn't suppose dat I should go thru the disease caused by dis cbook. Plz, someone call out Mr. Beno for me, cz I need some treatment. Lol.

Di cover depan ada General Warning ala ala gitu. Delusion lah, insomnia lah, changes in appetite, to name a few. And I ended up with crossed all warning signs.

Fyuh!
I really swallowed up all that words written by Ika up all night. Unconsciously slept with book still in my hand. Then waking up and read the rest. I'm not temporary insanity, am I?
Asriani
Like another book of hers, It went round and round then gave me such ending.

So what to read next?
Debi Chintiani
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the best
Anggarani Nia
3.5 stars for this book. I can't give it 4 stars because i don't really like it. Overall this book is good. And maybe I'll reread this book again cause I can relate what Alex feel.
Emilia Sumbayak
Too much Denny. Too little Beno.
Tara
I almost gave it 4 sparkling stars.
Then the ending is left hanging.
Neni Puji Artanti
Brangelina is the irony
Jenk Kanthi
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good
Siti Rahmah
Putri Amalia
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was originally published in 2008, I was 12 then. So I'm glad I read this in my 20s and for my 22-year-old self, it's an interesting book to learn from. Being both hard-working woman and devoted wife is an awesome job I'm dreaming of lol.
Eresia N. Winata
Mar 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Ika was just so simply, chic, funny, n gets my tummy having cramps as the way before. huehehe...

Divortiare=Divorce. All you could think, yes, this second book of her is all about a divorcee's life, but truly she made it in a very different way. She packaged those failed-marriage-thing in insane but so-much-amusing way.

Dalam A Very Yuppy Wedding, Ika menceritakan bagaimana liku-liku kisah cinta Andrea dan Adjie yang berusaha mati-matian untuk saling memahami demi jenjang yang lebih serius, NAH,
Imam Rahmanto
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Opposite attracts, but two people who are su much alike are just like magnets with the same pole. Kesamaan itu justru menjadi pemecah, ibarat magnet berkutub sama yang akan selalu tolak-menolak. Seperti Superman yang tidak akan pernah bisa berdekatan dengan kryptonite walaupun keduanya berasal dari planet yang sama." --hal.60--

"You can only be hurt by the people that you love."

"You won't know that you did wrong until you did it. All you have to do is just give your best and never give up." --h
Andita
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like how well Mbak Ika wrote her novel. Both idea and every conversation in this novel flows smoothly by using colloquial language. It's a well-written novel and very captivating. You will not put down the book easily once you read one sentence or half-page of this book.
And indeed, you cannot measure maturity by age. No matter how old you are, it doesn't always mean you're mature enough to decide one thing which is decision will lead you to the pit of hell or bunch of happiness.
At first, I don
Nadia Anindyati
This is the third book from Ika Natassa that I read (after A Very Yuppy Wedding and Antologi Rasa). The characters and setting of those books are similar: a woman who is professional banker, has a perfect-and-listener-but-'asshole' kinda girl best friend, has a guy (not 'gay' ya) best friend who is a player, only wearing things with famous brands and living a high lifestyle, always be in a relationship or at least approached by any perfect image of a man. If you're Ika Natassa's books reader, yo ...more
Sita
Jul 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all young adults
Recommended to Sita by: istribawel.com
hello there!
after a long pause i finally went back to reading (yes, i'm such a looser on reading)
and i decided to bought this novel, Divortiare by Ika Natassa.
I saw it first from Ninit Yunita's blog, and thought I should buy it.

My first impression, I love the cover.
It's unique, simple yet eye catching.

My final impression, love it.
I love the characters (although I wonder if Denny is really exist, he's an angel!), love the mixture of languages she used both in the content and titles, and love the
Amalia Amanda Kasih
I want to bug something to Ikka! Bukan karena ceritanya jelek ( baca lagi nama pengarangnya, masa iya Ikka nulis novel nggak patut dibaca, her name appears to be a brand!)

Actually I have read this novel back then in my high school era, tapi karena Ikka membuat sequel Twivortiare saya membaca ulangnya di 2012 ini. Dan kemudian rasa itu muncul kembali, rasa di mana saya did skipping to the page which has Beno on it. Ya, saya nggak peduli dengan Wina atau Denny. Yang saya butuh adalah Alex-Beno. An
Ruth Rahadiyan
Sep 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: rosalia filani
Baca buku ini berasa cinca lawrah yang ngarang (hahahha) but only in term of mixing indonesian and english aja sihh (jangan marah ya mbak ika..hehehehe).But we can learn a lot of english slangs here.I've just noticed that there's a genre called metropop. Buku ini tells the other side of a divorcee.bahwa being one is not merely sappy, sad, grey, (hahah apaan sihh), It could be bitter and fun at once. ceritanya segar, menyenangkan, dan enteng. A truly entertaining book buat yg lagi putus cinta ata ...more
Yessyka Widy
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must be crazy, I rushed myself reading this book, and it was totally fun..
You know I can't forget this kind of couple who are truly shy, stupid or whatever to say that they need each other. Cemburu, ya bilang saja cemburu, sayang, bilang saja sayang, bukan memaki nggak jelas dengan segala perasaan. Please, deh, everything can't be solved if we all do is yelling each other, we need to calm down and talk about it. Berasa penasehat pernikahan. Nikah aja belooom.. Haha~

Actually, I already read tw
Ichaicha
Jul 17, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First A Very Yuppy Wedding then this...still take my breath away.

The way she pictured the character...very beautiful, so real...
the emotion that flow from first page to the end...wow, makes you feel you are part of the story.

It's about Alexandra, Beno and their life...

..."Our scar has a way to remind us that the past is real."
"Karena cuma ini yang bisa mengingatkan gue kalau gue pernah bahagia, Win.... And it's very comforting."

"Gue sadar kenangan nggak bakal bisa dihapus. Anggap aja kenangan i
Puji Astuti
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another book that gave me surprise.
Bought this book without any reference, you know just picked something from the shelf, read the preview, compared it with other already-be-picked-books, and tada! i bought it along some other books.
Entertaining.
That word describe entirely how i feel about this book. The story were told in a light way, with some quirk analogy that compel you to agree and smile that bitter smile of yourS.
Live can be so funny, just because we, human, are innate comedian <-- th
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Love, Curse & Hocus Pocus
  • Perang Bintang (Trilogi Zona, #2)
  • Test Pack
  • Pink Project
  • Marriagable: Gue Mau Nikah Asal...
  • Blind Date
  • Cewek Matre
  • L
  • Dimsum Terakhir
  • Restart
  • Daisyflo
IKA NATASSA is an Indonesian author who is also a banker at the largest bank in Indonesia and the founder of LitBox, the first literary startup of its kind in the country, which combines the concept of mystery box and onine promotions for writers.

She loves writing since since was a little kid and finished writing her first novel in English at the age of 19. She is best known for writing a series