Start by marking “The Utopia Experiment (Covert-One, #10)” as Want to Read:
The Utopia Experiment (Covert-One, #10)

Read Book* *Different edition

The Utopia Experiment (Covert-One #10)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  1,790 Ratings  ·  129 Reviews
With U.S. intelligence agencies wracked by internal power struggles and paralyzed by bureaucracy, the president has been forced to establish his own clandestine group--Covert-One. It's activated only as a last resort, when the threat is on a global scale and time is running out.

When Dresner Industries unveils the Merge, a device that is destined to revolutionize the world

Published March 26th 2013 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Utopia Experiment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Utopia Experiment

Colin Welch
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I normally avoid reading books in the Ludlum "franchise", but The Utopia Experiment was given to me as a present and I thought it would be a good way to spend some time. I was pleasantly surprised: Kyle Mills is a natural storyteller who has that gift of combining plot and characters in a intriguing and entertaining manner, and combining them with topical elements like cutting edge technology. This is a very good action thriller; I strongly recommend it.
Michael Bates
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
Plot-4.5 Stars
Characters-4 Stars
Setting-4 Stars

This is one of my favorite in the Cover-One series. Action and humor are my cup of tea. This book has Lt. Smith and Randi Russell team up together and their back and forth banter is great. Their friend Marty should get his own stand alone book. He is a funny yet exasperating hacker.
I like my spies to be smart. Bourne etc. and Smith fits in that category. Normally he is one of the smartest yet in this book, he gets the Merge technology (Very advanced
Jen
I really enjoyed this book. The first half was likable but a bit hard to follow due to all the point-of-view changes and a somewhat difficult-to-track passage of time. But the second half really took off and had some very enjoyable "wow" moments. :)

I considered not reading this book since it's part of a series and I haven't read any of the preceding books, but since it's my August sci-fi book club selection at my library, I decided to give it a chance. And I'm very glad I did!

There seemed to be
Matt
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
What if something emerged that made the smartphone, with all its apps, an obsolete piece of plastic? Could the body, more specifically the mind and eyes, become a living and breathing battery to run this ‘live-in app’ and lets people make connections with others based on numerous key criteria, all shown as an aura around the bodies in front of them? Mills presents this in his latest installment of the Robert Ludlum Covert-One series. Filled with strong and ongoing characters, a great plot, and t ...more
Matt
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was really surprised by this book. After the last one I didn't expect to enjoy this one as much. I'm glad to see Kyle Mills back writing in this series (He wrote The Ares Decision and then the next Covert One book The Janus Reprisal was written by Jamie Freveletti, which wasn't bad but somewhat disappointing). I like his use of the main characters of Jon Smith, Randi Russel, and Fred Klein. I also like the inclusion of Marty Zellerbach in the series again (he's one of my favorite side characte ...more
Nancy Cook  Lauer
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kyle Mills has done an excellent job carrying on Ludlum's heritage. I love Dr. Smith and Randi and especially Zellerbach the hacker. It's like meeting up with old friends after a long absence. The plot was solid and carried through to the end. I especially liked the bleeding edge technology. Where do we go from the smartphone? This one has the answer. Although they advertise the Ludlum books as being "from the creator of Jason Bourne," I like these guys better -- less shoot 'em up and more techi ...more
Louize
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Thank you, Kyle Mills, for making Marty Zellerback very famous in this installment! :)
John
Apr 24, 2013 added it
interesting very close to truth
Robeert Kane
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read but too much tech talk .

The author has not been in enough close calls to express the proper emotions that you feel when they happen.
Tim
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This well written story contains interesting leads who contribute significantly to make this techno thriller a good read. 8 of 10 stars
Any idea if this is the last one to be written? 1 4 Mar 11, 2014 08:05PM
  • The Janus Reprisal (Covert-One, #9)
  • The Arctic Event (Covert-One, #7)
  • The Paris Option (Covert-One, #3)
  • The Bourne Retribution (Jason Bourne, #11)
  • The Altman Code (Covert-One, #4)
  • The Lazarus Vendetta (Covert-One, #5)
  • The Janson Option (Paul Janson, #3)
  • The Janson Equation (Paul Janson, #4)
  • The Plutonium Blonde (Nuclear Bombshell, #1)
  • The Exile (Ryan Kealey, #4)
  • The Dead Kid Detective Agency (The Dead Kid Detective Agency, #1)
I grew up in Oregon but have lived all over—D.C., Virginia, Maryland, London,
Wyoming. My father was an FBI agent and I was a bureau kid, which is similar to being an army brat. You tend to spend your time with other bureau kids and get transferred around a lot, though, I fared better on that front than many others.

One positive aspect of this lifestyle is that you can’t help but absorb an enormous
More about Kyle Mills...

Covert-One (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Hades Factor (Covert-One, #1)
  • The Cassandra Compact (Covert-One, #2)
  • The Paris Option (Covert-One, #3)
  • The Altman Code (Covert-One, #4)
  • The Lazarus Vendetta (Covert-One, #5)
  • The Moscow Vector (Covert-One, #6)
  • The Arctic Event (Covert-One, #7)
  • The Ares Decision (Covert-One, #8)
  • The Janus Reprisal (Covert-One, #9)
  • The Geneva Strategy (Covert-One, #11)
“Christian Dresner could design a hell of a nasty military app. “Okay, Duane. I” 0 likes
“sign of” 0 likes