Start by marking “Collide (The Taking, #3)” as Want to Read:
Collide (The Taking, #3)

Collide (The Taking #3)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  963 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
Military legacy Ari Alexander has survived alien spies, WWIV, and a changing world order. But when the new leader of Earth uses Jackson—the only boy she's ever let herself care about—to get to her, Ari has no choice but to surrender.

To free Jackson, she agrees to travel to the national bases to train others to fight. What she discovers is a land riddled with dying people.
Published February 9th 2015 by Entangled: Teen (first published January 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Collide, please sign up.
Melissa West Hey Ryan! Yes, the paperback is up on Barnes & Noble and Amazon. :)

Win: Grand Prize: An annotated copy of GRAVITY, GRAVITY T-shirt, signed bookmarks, Season 1 of Roswell, $20 Amazon GC (US only, International winner will receive only $20 GC)
Ends: March 1st 2015

Good luck!

*********************************************************

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Melissa West, Entangled Publishing, LLC, and NetGalley.)

“So then it’s real.”
He turns to me. “What?”
“War.
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
I dreamed last night that I've got an invite for cover reveal for Collide. Okay, I think I need a break.

Review to come!
Melissa West
Sep 17, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
For book updates, giveaways, sneak peeks at upcoming books, and general awesomeness, join my newsletter here!

I just want to say I LOVE THIS BOOK, and I so hope you will, too! It's a perfect blend of GRAVITY and HOVER, with the sort of climax that will have your heart racing. Can't wait to share!
Rivera
8/15/13
With the way that Hover ended...I kinda need this book in my hands as soon as possible...
Oh! My thoughts on the cover...I picture two planets on it, and the color being some shade of green (Seems to fit the color scheme to me).

3/15/14
THE COVER AND SYNOPSIS IS FINALLY OUT!!!!
I'M SO EXCITED THAT I NEED THIS BOOK IN MY HANDS
...ASAP
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: entangled-teen
Collide Review on K-Books

"I told you. I go where you go. I will never leave you."

There are no words to describe my excitement when Melissa sent me a early copy of Collide, the final installment of the breathtaking The Taking Series. I fell head over heels with this series, and Melissa, when Entangled Teen sent me an ARC of Gravity back in 2012 before it's release. It was not long after I'd fallen head-over-heels in love with Jennifer Armentrout's Lux series and I just couldn't get enough of al
Erin Arkin
A fantastic end to this series!

Collide is the third (and final…AHHH) book of The Taking trilogy by Melissa West and I have to admit, I have mixed feelings about having this in my possession. Mostly happy because now I know what has happened with Ari, Jackson, and the rest of the group…but also sad because this series is officially complete. **Note: If you have not yet read books one and two (um…what are you waiting for) you will probably want to stop reading here. I don’t usually post anything
Farrah
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A thrilling conclusion to the series, Collide was a fantastic YA read. It had secrets, betrayals, and a final battle that didn't hold back. I thought it was a great way to end the Taking series.

Ari continued to grow stronger and smarter in this book. She went up against tyrants and refused to give up no matter the circumstances. I already liked her and this book just reinforced how much of a badass she was.

Jackson was wonderful as always. He was strong, yet sweet, and determined to always be the
Abbie
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from Netgalley, In exchange for an honest review.)

Actual rating - 4.25

I liked Ari in the previous books, as she was a strong and brave character. She was exactly the same in this one.

I thought the second book in the series was lacking action, but this one had plenty. There wasn't one time where I felt bored, which was great!

I really liked the epilogue. It was nice to see how things were ten years later.

Overall, A really good ending to the series.
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

I received an ecopy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MY THOUGHTS
This is such an amazing series and I was not disappointed in this conclusion!

This takes place directly after the events in Hover. Ari is back on Earth and Earth happens to have a new leader, who is borderline a dictator. The new leader is intent on the fact that Ari knows Zeus's plans to destroy the human race and uses Jackson to torture her. But A
Jen
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-tour, arc-s, 2015
What I Loved: Jackson. *drops mic and exits stage left*

JUST KIDDING!

But seriously, after that roundhouse kick in the feels that was the ending of HOVER--something I may never truly recover from---I NEEDED COLLIDE to have a heaping dose of kickassery with an extra helping of swoon. Melissa West gave me that AND all of the answers I was looking for!

I'm going to miss these characters but this is an action-packed, take no prisoners, fantastic (and romantic) ending to THE TAKING series!
Roxie
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was ok

Ari has come back to Earth and finds it quite different from when she left, Earth has a new leader, who uses Jackson to threaten Ari so she will follow his orders.

I finished reading this book feeling that there were lots of loose ends. I expected more of it, but I don't think it actually delivered.

I felt, while reading it, that there were unnecessary plot twists that tried to deepen the plot but didn't quite get there. For example (view spoiler)
Jeraca
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received this free eARC in exchange for my honest review.

What an ending. For such a small finale, there was a lot of action and information into this book. But it was done with such a finesse that I didn't even notice until I finished this novel.

Ari is one tough cookie. The events and trials that she goes through in this series, but especially in this particular novel would end a grown man. But somehow, with her inner strength along with the help of everyone around her she is able to keep fi
Gayatri
Wow! What a ending to an amazing series! The wonder of a new world in Gravity, to the confusion in Hover, to the realisation in Collide. In this series, nothing was as it seems, allies were enemies, enemies were allies. Your whole concept of good and bad was twisted over in this book. Ari and Jackson were there through it all. Ari was so strong, but she didn't know it. She respected other people the way she wanted to respect other people. She was reckless to a fault, but she knew it and in the e ...more
Quassia
DNF at ~65%.
My rating: 0.5 stars

Dear plot,
I have to admit that it's hard to get to your reader, if you've got only 240 pages to work your magic. BUT it is absolutely possible.
Using 200 of these 240 pages to let your heroine constantly dream/think/talk/exist only for or only about her chosen love-interest, makes it hard though. Trying to mediate some actual actions in your remaining 40 pages was a nearly impossible job.
And what can I say....you failed.
So thanks for nothing.
Sincerely, your re
nick
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5/5

I have been following this series ever since the release of Gravity back in 2012. I've grown to love and cherish these characters, but I was ready for the villains to be taken down in Collide. I went into the book, both with feelings of excitement and sadness for finishing this series. Ultimately, Melissa West ended this series on a good note and I am pleased with the way things ended.

The character growth in this series was phenomenal. I started off feeling rather indifferent to the protago
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

Collide (The Taking #3) by Melissa West

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 5 stars

Review:

Collide is the perfect ending for this extraterrestrial series. I love Melissa's world, the battle, Ari's character and Jackson's and their love story. It's impossible to not be devastated by t
Pam (YA Escape)
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Action, aliens, and a swoony romance…what more could you ask for? And no love triangle. Full review to come!

*ARC received from publisher via NetGalley

I love this series. Aliens, a ton of action, and a swoony romance. What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, absolutely no love triangle. Plus the fact that Ari and Jackson work together in all three books. It's not smooth sailing or anything, and Ari realizes that while she cares about Jackson, she doesn't really know him that well, but they work thro
Steph
Ever since the cliffhanger ending of Hover, I've been anxiously awaiting Collide. And, while I thought the final battle was well-written, some things felt rushed, unexplained, out-of-character.

(view spoiler)
Katrina Marie
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
This is one trilogy I DID NOT WANT TO END!!! The Taking books have given me emotional journeys, and I love all of the characters. Even Zeus, but only because of how awful he can truly be.

Ari shows just how strong she can be, both emotionally and physically. She gets thrown into circumstances that she has no way to prepare for. I love that she always does what she thinks is best and doesn’t second guess herself or ask questions. And Jackson, well, he’s just plain swoony. He supports Ari, and that
Melina Dickson
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this trilogy. An amazing end.
Aanchal (Book Flame)
I'm still trying to decide how I want to rate this final book in the series...full review to come soon.
Amy
4.75 Stars!

description

"War is imminent. The question isn't if, it's when."

Collide is the third and final instalment in Melissa West's "The Taking" Trilogy and everything has been building to this epic conclusion. The war between Ancients and humans is beginning and the odds are fast stacking up against Ari and Jackson as they battle to eliminate Zeus in a bid to unite humans, Ancients and halves before they destroy each other.

This book is filled with heart-pounding action, betrayal, heartbreak and so m
Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton
This was the end that this story needed. I was completely satisfied by this book. The only thing I would change would be to make it longer. I am really going to miss these characters.
diana
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I just turned the very last page of the final book in the trilogy that I really, really LOVE and I feel overwhelmed, sad and ecstatic all at once. I've read Gravity and Hover and felt nothing but awe with both books and I'm so happy to say Collide is no different. This book will make you swoon, cry, smile, scream and have you on edge until the end. It's the perfect conclusion to an amazing and unforgettable series!

Hover ended on a really huge cliffhanger so when I finally got my hands on an arc
Dion
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omg-omg-omg
NOTE: I was given this book as an ARC by Entangled publishing

This book is the long awaited conclusion to the Taking series (note the word CONCLUSION, yes this is the FINAL book to those who weren't sure) and I was very eager to get my hands on a copy *grabby hands* In fact, as soon as the email came with the link I screamed so hard that people looked at me weirdly (not really, but there was definitely internal screaming)

This book was awesome! It was jam-packed with all the things that books one
Barb Lie
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Collide by Melissa West is the 3rd and final book in her The Taking trilogy. I have been with this series from the start, and have loved every moment of it. Ari and Jackson are our heroes all throughout the series, and they were great together. This was an exciting book from start to finish, and as I neared the end, I started worrying that the ending will leave me dissatisfied. I am happy to say I didn’t need to worry, as it was an awesome end to this fabulous trilogy.

When we last left off in Ho
Richa
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, blog-tour, for-review
Originally posted on City of Books

Collide is definitely an explosive end to this trilogy! I like how the title really fits with the plot of the novel. There was never a dull moment in this, and I loved the way everything is tied up in the end. This book was just as good as I was expecting!

Ari is back on Earth now, but a very different one from the home she was used to. Things have changed, there's new leadership, and Ari isn't happy about it. She's doing her best to help, but it seems like she's
Jessica
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, reviewed
I am just so freaking in love with this series you guys. Seriously. I never wanted it to end and the ending was definitely bittersweet because I wasn't ready to leave these characters or this world. Whenever an author releases the final book in the series, it's always nerve-wracking because you don't want to be disappointed. West does a great job of doing her story and her characters justice, leaving us with a finale that is full of action, romance, and anticipation!

Ari is without a doubt one o
Melissa Robles
What.A.Book. Collide is an epic conclusion to The Taking Series. So much action, so many twists, so much PAIN. I loved it! (Yes, I'm booksochistic).

First, I have to say that even though I haven't been following for long this series, it's incredible how much I came to care about its characters and amazing storyline in such a short time. I feel like I've known them for ages, instead of just a few weeks. I love how much Ari, Jackson and the rest of their loyal supporters have grown into these stron
Cassandra
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
( Source: I recieved this free Digital Copy for an honest review. Thank you Entangled Publishing, the lovely Melissa West, and NetGalley.)

Hi everyone! Collide by Melissa West just blew my mind away! I received this digital copy a few weeks ago, although I didn't realize it was the last book in a trilogy until almost finishing it, oops! Regardless to that, this book was astounding and and Mrs. West's writing kept me at the edge of my seat! I immediately found myself liking the main protogonist,
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)
  • Lark Ascending (Skylark, #3)
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • Ignited (Sense Thieves #3)
  • Untitled (XVI, #3)
  • Transcendent (Denazen, #4)
  • Earth Flight (Earth Girl, #3)
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • The Dark Elements Volume One (The Dark Elements, #1-2)
  • The Rising King (Keepers of Life, #3)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • False Future (False Memory, #3)
  • Toxic Heart (Mystic City, #2)
  • Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)
  • Winter Omens (The Last Year, #2)
  • Unhinged (Underworld, #1)
  • Underground (Terrestrials, #2)
Melissa West is the USA TODAY bestselling author of swoony Southern romance and YA sci-fi romance,all with lots of kissing. Because who doesn't like kissing?. She lives outside of Atlanta, GA with her husband and two daughters and spends most of her time writing, reading, or fueling her coffee addiction.

She holds a B.A. in Communication Studies and a M.S. in Graphic Communication, both from Clemso
More about Melissa West

The Taking (3 books)
  • Gravity (The Taking, #1)
  • Hover (The Taking, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)