Start by marking “Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)” as Want to Read:
Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)

Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters #5)

4.61  ·  Rating details ·  6,653 Ratings  ·  696 Reviews
It has been two years since Violet Eden walked away from the city, her friends, her future and - most importantly - her soulmate, Lincoln. Part angel, part human, Violet is determined to stand by the promises she made to save the one she loves.

Living in the perpetual coldness of a broken soul she survives day to day as a Rogue Grigori in London.

But when an unexpected visit
Published May 6th 2014 by Hachette (first published May 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Empower, please sign up.

Gelaine I'll say it's better. For the fourth book, not so much, if you love to see the MC suffer then it's good.

The Characters did evolve, their physically…more

The Characters did evolve, their physically abilities and some of their personalities, but I still think the MC is childish.

The fourth one, though the fifth book, is overreacting to the situation, and kind of fast paced but it's still good.(less)

Miniesteph
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
update 2013-05-29
IT HAS A TITLE!!! Now we just have to wait....damnit its too long!

Say WHAT!?!! Thank God there is a fifth book! Maybe after reading it I'll be able to stop being heartbroken over Violet and Lincoln. That love is too beautiful to end like this. Let me tell ya, if those two don't end up together there is a problem. Now I just hope it's going to be a very long book and we won't have to wait a whole year to read it!
Renée
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Empower is the final heart-racing book in the Violet Eden Chapters, also known as the Embrace Series by Jessica Shirvington.
It’s been two years since Violet Eden left her old life behind to protect those she loves against the danger that she attracts. She has learnt to switch off her emotions and survive the soul crushing ache she feels for her soulmate and former grigori partner, Lincoln, by getting into the bloodlust of killing exiles with the Rogue grigori of London city.
With her new powers
Jess
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Violet Eden you do this to me every time I just finished Endless and I absolutely loved and I have never cried so much about in my entire life for the last 10 chapters my heart was just rating and yet I'm still enticed keep going back and reading it again and again and again. No matter how long it takes for the next book to come out I will be eagerly waiting to read it. I always find myself at 6 o'clock in the morning reading this book and not ever wanting to put them down. This series knows mak ...more
Isis
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Isis by: my own brain ;)
Empower, the last book in the Violet Eden chapters, or known as the embrace series, was almost indescribable. Almost, because I will give you more than enough reasons to buy the book and read it. A.S.A.P

Five whole stars review. And this book deserves it more than enough. O, but what am I saying; Violet and Lincoln deserve it ;).

The book begins two years after Violet has left the ordeal in New york, home and her soulmate behind. She has done everything to furfill Uri's judgement. She must surren
Ruby Replogle
Sep 23, 2012 marked it as to-read
I NEED I NEED I NEED THIS!!!!!!!!! NEEDS!!! Book 4 broke my heart into tiny pieces, then stomped on it some more for good measure. Like, LDFKJSHKLJFDLHSHLKDFSJHDFSK. GIVE US A DATE FOR THIS SPECIAL AMAZING AWESOME BOOK! AND A TITLE PLEASE! AND A COVER! :)
Nov 15, 2012 marked it as to-read

What the hell??? I finished endless 10 minutes ago and can't stop thinking how to survive till the next book. When i read 'let's go' and it was over, i wanted to freak really out! I thought 'what for a shit was this and where is the rubbish to put these heartbreaking books away.' But now i come a little bit down, but i had to learn for physiks. I don't know how to make this! I'm to much killed!!!! Hope jessica shirvington is writing quick!!
Katie Barnes
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOSH!!! THANK CHRIST! I completely crumpled inside at the ending of Endless! Cried the entire last chapter! I NEED THIS BOOK NOW! I CAN'T WAIT AN ENTIRE YEAR!! Its to much suspense to handle!
Deb
Jun 20, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was so anxious for this book to come out. It is the fifth and final book in the Embrace series, a series that I absolutely loved way back in the beginning. While I was a bit more disappointed in each new book that came out, I still had high hopes that finale would swing things back around to how great it all was in the beginning because I knew it would be wrapping things up.

No such luck.

I was soooo disappointed in this book! I'm tempted to say I hated it. While I wasn't totally thrilled with
Georgia
Oh gosh! Need this NOW! The ending of Endless was heartbreaking.

Ooh Empower!

Release date: November 12th, 2013 !

THAT BLURB OMFG *grabby hands* I need this! Pretty please with sugar on top ;D
Keely
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My warning:
Chocolate and Tissues are needed

Two years have passed since Violet left New York and left Lincoln after returning his soul to him. Living as a rouge Grigori an old enemy from when Lilith was destroyed has found Violet and he has a message for her. In her time with Gray, a rouge Grigori, from Greece helps Violet block out her emotions and keeps the coldness that she feels from having an almost completely shattered soul from when she returned from after Phoenix killed her.

Determined n
Laura W
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, ya, romance, fantasy
This was exactly the conclusion I was looking for! It was explosive, heartbreaking, heartwarming, action-packed, lovey-dovey, everything!

The gamble you take when you read a series is whether or not the finale will be a good one. Because if you read a bad finale, you'll always remember that instead of the awesomeness leadng up to it. If it's a good finale, BRAVO! The perfect capstone on one awesomesauce series!

That gamble paid off in this book. I'm going to keep it brief and vague because if I do
Cassie
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I have never been through so many emotion roller coasters in my life. That's right. Roller coasters. Plural. I just finished Empower less than an hour ago and I think I'm already feeling withdrawal symptoms.

First let us start off with a summary:
Caitlin
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you'd excuse me, I'm just going to go and sit in the corner and cry. All the feels of this book are back and I can't deal.

It was honestly such a beautiful yet gut wrenching conclusion to one of my favourite series ever. I love it just as much as I did the first time and I'm still shook by how amazing it was wrapped up. It's definitely one of the best endings I've ever read and it has forever set the bar high for how I expect endings to be.

I honestly wish that these characters could live on
Jaz
Firstly, thanks to Hachette Children's Books Australia for this review copy

“I need you to live for me.”

Fast track two years from the ending of Endless and Violet Eden’s living the Rogue life in the UK, travelling around like a nomad and killing off Exiles for a form of income. She works alone. Vi’s strength is something I have always admired. She has grown into such an indepenent woman over the course of the books. What I love about her is that she has never complained about the large weight on
Heather
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
If I were capable of feeling shame about books I've read and loved, I would surely feel it for this series. It's awesomely bad. I cannot stand Violet. I have to chew gum while reading to offset my gag reflex. And the details around Violet's origin are so absurd, its borderline offensive. BUT I really liked this series. I don't know why, but I do. Its mind numbingly entertaining, contains interesting world building and has a fair amount of swoon. Sometimes that's all it takes I suppose, for me at ...more
Elizabeth
Source: I own a copy of this book.

Note: These are my personal opinions. I received no outside person comments or opinions.

Random Person: What's you're favorite book series?
Me: The Embrace Series. You have to read it!

I waited a long time to read this. I didn't want this series to be over. I am saddened with grief that it now is all over. Although, this series could not have had a more perfect ending.

I can't remember the last time I binge-read a novel. I sat down to read a few chapters yesterday a
Libby Wyatt
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
I DONT WANT THIS SERIES TO END! I absolutely bloody loved this Violent Eden series, more so than I ever thought possible. Violet is honest to god one of my favourite YA characters and her growth was freaking phenomenal. I loved her strength and ability to grow and adapt throughout the books and I just want more and more! As easy as it is to look at the series as a whole I want to look at this final book in particular.

Overall, I enjoyed it immensely although I felt that it was lacking in some se
Katie Mcgrath
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Empower was a perfect ending for an amazing set of books. Jessica Shirvington is an amazing writer and the whole time you felt like you were right beside Violet on the adventure with her. Without giving anything away, you will need tissues! Endless left me so depressed and I couldn't believe how long we had to wait to find out what happens, but the wait has been worth it. It's always hard reading the last book of any series, knowing that these characters stories are coming to an end, but this is ...more
Juhina
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This full review is NON SPOILER for THE WHOLE SERIES

I want to thank Raincoast publishing for introducing me to this amazing series. In all honesty I wouldn't have ever picked it up if I didn't receive Embrace for review over two years ago. I was introduced to such amazing characters.. ones I grew attached to with each new book and truly cared about their well beings. Evil characters turned good and good characters turned evil. Shirvington didn't hold back at all, and I loved it so much. You jus
Jazzy
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ASTOUNDING finish to a breathtaking series. Jessica Shirvington, you have outdone yourself again. This is not a joke: This is one of the BEST series of all time. It just has so much meaning, and makes me think about life and sacrifice.

To you all out there, Empower is no simple book. It carries on with the same emotional rollercoaster that has encompassed this whole series. Although never near to tears at any point in this book, there are so many touching moments which simply took my breath aw
Monika Falcon
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG!!! this book was an AWESOME! end to the series...i loved! these books so much, they have become my #1 Favorite series pushed up over Hush Hush (didn't think that would happen)...the characters were so interesting, and they grew so much over the series which was so much better to read...

I really liked that this book had a time jump of 2years, it really gave Vi time to grow and develop herself and her skills etc. I loved that she went 'Rogue'...i think due to her powers that that was a better
Emma
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to cry that it's all over. AMAZING journey with Violet. I hope Pheonix gets a novella <3

The end of a much loved series is always emotional. Bittersweet in the fact that you get the answers you need but have to say goodbye to the characters that have come to mean so much to you.

Empower manages to recap the story so far subtlety within the narrative. My heart broke for Violet, having given up everything (her friends and even her soul-mate) in order to keep the ones she loves safe. She im
Michelle (tinyturtle88)
Picture plucking a 3-yr old child from a deep sleep in her bed, shaking her a little, throwing her up and catching her, plopping her back down on the bed and flicking her on the nose. Can you see it? Hear it? The utterly disoriented, flabbergasted, open-mouthed wail? That was me reading this series. And if you can hear the ascent to the open-mouthed-silent-not-breathing wail, welp...that was me reading this last book. It's embarrassing really. A woman my age having such a visceral reaction to a ...more
Chloe Dunne
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG I cried forever after endless finished and now knowing there is another book just makes me feel so much better. I'm glad Violet chose her family but what Violet and Lincoln had been through together how could he just let go. I NEED THIS BOOK, NEED IT NEED IT NEED IT. I don't want to read any other books until i have read Empower because i am afraid that i will forget the story. So please is there any way you can speed up the publishing PLEASE
By the way Jessica Shirvington best books i have E
Jane
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
what can i say, this book is extremely shattering (Endless) with it's ending and yet i love it! but am going mad from awaiting the fifth installment! please please please Jessica Shirvington is there any way to speed this publishing/release date along? Also it would be great to make it a ten book series instead of six, but i'm more than likely dreaming right, oh well, one can only hope.....and yet here i'am rating a book that is'nt even released yet. Yet i know it's going to be awesome ;)
Carrie
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-my-favorite
I LOVE Violet & Lincoln! I loved all the characters and where their stories went! WOW WOW WOW...this series really turned out great! Definitely a great love, friendship, family, & action packed story! It had everything! Their story was slow in the first 3 books but by the last 2 just WOW, something was constantly going on! LOVED IT!
Tiah Edwards
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! Can't wait for the fifth book, endless made me cry soooooo much if Violet and Lincoln don't get together in this book i will cry even more. CANT WAIT!!!!

This was the perfect ending to the series!!
Melanie
Jan 05, 2013 marked it as to-read
After reading Endless, I think my thoughts towards this series is a little more positive. I have a bad feeling that this is coming out in 2014 as it states that Shirvington is writing something else for 2013. *dies* Hopefully the love triangle is a good one!!!
Hannah (The Curiouser & Curiouser)
Actual Rating: Infinite Stars

So I got my hands on this little beauty, and to start off, let me just tell you I’m currently crying like a baby and wringing my hands.

‘Kay?

‘Kay.

This is the reason I love reading with a passion. This is the reason I want to be an author.

I’m going to do this post without giving away anything, I swear. It’s going to be hard, but I’ll suck it up and do it.

I would say I’ve read over a million books. I’m an eighteen year old who can read a 400 page novel in a day, easily.
Antonia
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
But Phoenix 20 87 Jul 13, 2017 04:23PM
Is there going to be another one or is that it? 5 56 Oct 15, 2014 02:30PM
So it takes place later? Am I correct? 4 27 Aug 25, 2014 10:11PM
Shelves of Shirvi...: Fave quotes from Empower 21 23 Jul 10, 2014 06:05AM
Untitled 5 36 Aug 06, 2013 04:53PM
Shelves of Shirvi...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Fifth Book Ideas On: Colour, Name + Leaks, Hints, Spoilers! :P 34 62 Jul 09, 2013 03:54AM
  • A Radiant Sky (A Beautiful Dark, #3)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Fury (Mercy, #4)
  • Circle of Lies (Red Ridge Pack,#2)
  • Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Angel Fever (Angel, #3)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Evertrue (Everneath, #3)
  • Promise Bound (Lies Beneath, #3)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Eternally Yours (Immortal Beloved, #3)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
  • Winter's Light (Winter Saga, #2)
Jessica Shirvington is the author of THE VIOLET EDEN CHAPTERS also known as THE EMBRACE SERIES, stand alone novel, BETWEEN THE LIVES and has an exciting new duology called DISRUPTION on the way in 2014.

An entrepreneur, author, and mother living in Sydney, Australia, Jessica is also a 2011 & 2012 finalist for Cosmopolitan’s annual Fun, Fearless Female Award. She’s also one of the lucky few who
More about Jessica Shirvington...

The Violet Eden Chapters (5 books)
  • Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1)
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
  • Emblaze (The Violet Eden Chapters, #3)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)

“Love is all the small moments. It is what fills the quiet.” 57 likes
“And as soon as he was gone, I saw beyond, to where Lincoln stood, exactly where I'd seen him last, when I'd begged him to trust me.
And my heart shuttered to life.
Because he had.”