Start by marking “The Outlander Series (Outlander, #1-7)” as Want to Read:
The Outlander Series (Outlander, #1-7)

The Outlander Series

(Outlander #1-7)

Diana Gabaldon’s acclaimed Outlander series blends rich historical fiction with riveting adventure and a truly epic love story. Now, with this convenient seven-volume eBook bundle, discover the novels that have won Gabaldon millions of fans and introduced readers to the brilliant Claire Randall and valiant Highlander Jamie Fraser.

The year is 1946. Claire Randall is a Bri
Published October 29th 2012 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about The Outlander Series, please sign up.
Paula It has been made into a tv series STARZ...The first 8 episodes were in fall of 2014 the next episodes are up for Feb (?) 2015 or somewhere in there...…moreIt has been made into a tv series STARZ...The first 8 episodes were in fall of 2014 the next episodes are up for Feb (?) 2015 or somewhere in there....I have enjoyed the series so far...
(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kendra
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Outlander Series (Outlander, #1-7)
Teri
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I down loaded this series June 27th. I have just finished reading it. My health may or may not have suffered during this time, but surely my housekeeping, acquaintances and any other (relatively) ancillary aspects of life have suffered greatly from inattention during the intervening time. I fell into these books as much as Claire fell through the stones. Even when I didn't have my e-reader at hand, my mind was on the world of the Outlanders, wondering how, when, what for each of the many chief c ...more
Beth
This is the collection of the 1st 7 books in this series. I purchased this bundle as a deal and couldn't pass it up. I saw other's love it but it had a lot of things I normally don't pick out in a book.

1. Huge books, rather wordy but after reading it I wouldn't miss it for the world. The story is amazing.

2. You are dragged back in forth between the past and more recent present, which I normally couldn't stand but I absolutely loved it.

3. You are also given multiple view points, again not a fav
Karen
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
The series began well; the first 3 books, imo, are must reads if a reader likes romance (oh get over it, Gabaldon, it's fucking romance), or historical novels, or time travel or any combination of those. while there are some tiresome tropes--Gabaldon has some issues with ensuring that every character in the series gets raped or nearly killed at least twice, and you don't want to make "nipple" a drinking game if you're going to go on a marathon read of the series--it's fun, interesting and you mo ...more
Diana
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-fiction
This is my favorite book series! Each hefty/weighty/lengthy book, flies by and leaves you bereft, mourning the loss of your friends. The characters are so well-developed, their personalities so "real" that you feel you know them and they would be your friends.

The storyline is complex. Through a series of accidents Clair finds herself married to two men. One from modern day, and one (Jamie) from the time she traveled back to. Jamie is a fierce, beautiful, loyal, strong, sensuous, Scottish Highla
Littleirish
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There are very few authors that come close to Mrs. Gabaldon in skill. The breadth of the series is hard to describe. Historical fiction, mystical adventure, romance... It's a shame that many mistakenly assume it to be just romance and therefore simplistic drivel. I could go on about female authors and their works not being taken seriously but I won't. Only to point out that historical fiction by, say Ken Follett is much more formulatic and romancey.
The historical research and rich detail of the
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
5 Phenomenal Characterization Stars!

And Lord John
...and his world are my everything!

Lord John, just wow * swoon* worthy for sure~

Jamie was ADORABLE & Clair was awesome

And, so many SC that bring this book alive. I love them all. This was a phenomenal read. Everytime I walk into Barnes & Noble I want to pet this book. I love it, I gravitate towards it. * shrug* it just that well written.

The books as a whole.....

Mischief and mayhem throughout. Dual husbands and unrequited love.

Plus.....

Parts o
Pat
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hands down Outlander is the best series I've ever read. Diana Gabaldon's writing style is awesome and you can't help but fall in love with Jamie and Claire.
Marjorie Pfister
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started this series out of curiosity, having never heard anything about it..( yeah..yeah where have I been the last 20 years..in 13th century Scotland..haha)
What makes them appealing to me is that they're historically engaging..but let's face it..England wasn't a peaceful nor enlightened at this time in history. Very few places were at this time in history. It was a brutal, ruthless time, compassion and mercy were the exception in both individuals and the countries that ruled over them.
What'
Silvia Cattaneo
Oct 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
I did NOT like this series, to the point that, despite my love for long, historical sagas with tortuous plots, I could not even get to the end of it. It was already hard enough to get to the end of each of the four books I forced myself to finish.
To me, this is a (badly realized) "high-end" version of cheap romantic books that feature ridiculous drawings of muscly men with open shirts embracing voluptuous redheads on the cover. Cheap beach literature with better language, if you will. The main c
Marie
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a series of books that made me stay up past my bedtime since Patrick O'Brien's series. I'm writing a review about the entire series, because although I liked some slightly more--wait, not more; differently--than others, the series as a whole is just wonderful--I mean, how can you stop eating after the appetizer? These books are a satisfying banquet that leaves you wanting more. Diana Gabaldon has an ability to tell a rousing yarn, weaving in just enough erotica, humor, pathos, phi ...more
Beth
Oct 24, 2017 marked it as kindle-to-read  ·  review of another edition
My mom mailed me the first five books in this series in 2004 and urged me to read them. I finally got around to picking them up in 2006 and was reminded yet again that mother knows best. I tore through the first four books like it was my job and in retrospect, it’s a wonder that I wasn’t fired during that time because I was barely sleeping at night and kept sneaking chapters under my desk when nobody was looking.

I’m not an especially fast reader but have been an avid reader since childhood and
Dianna
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of fantasy who don't shy at a little romance
Shelves: tall-texans
In the opening chapters (view spoiler) I was skeptical that the series was for me. I thought it was a time travel fantasy, but it's really more of a historic highlander romance. I didn't want to like or even read a historic highlander romance - I enjoy making fun of them too much! Still, I had (foolishly?) purchased the 7-book series, so there's no way I was going to a ...more
Arlene
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of this series almost since the first novel was written. I have eagerly awaited each new addition. Thanks to renewed interest from the STARZ series, I undertook to read the whole series once again. A daunting task, for each novel is quite large. However, it was a pleasure. Although there is a lot of romance, some would even say graphic romance, there is so much more to the books. The author brings you into the everyday intimate lives of the characters while telling a compelling ...more
Rhondatruitt
Mar 29, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really tried to like this series...it came highly rated, and recommended by friends. But I found myself wanting to strangle the main character. She's an idiot imho and keeps making very simplistic mistakes...for example: anyone who gets thrown back in time and *doesn't* consider that they will be seen as a witch, etc.. based upon their more superior knowledge of germs, etc?? I got so annoyed that I didn't finish the series...
Lisa James
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding series. Has it all, detail, time travel, a dashing hero & a gritty heroine, love, war, peace, reflection, family..... ...more
Brenda
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sometimes reading a book becomes a long term commitment, in this case, a commitment of 23 years and counting! When I read Outlander, the first book in this series in the early 1990’s I was hooked by the characters, the great love story and it’s historical authenticity and I couldn’t wait till the next one came out. Now after finishing the eighth book in this series, Written In My Heart’s Own Blood, I still resonate with the characters and enjoy the historical context and insights that these book ...more
Patricia Tienken-boman
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m sorry I finished the whole series, I miss the characters. These books have it all! History, romance, violence and sex. She did a great job of keeping me totally hooked from one book to the next.
Lauren Grimley
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Irish Eyes are Smiling When Scottish Kilts are Flying!: A writer’s review of the first five books of the Outlander series (Outlander, Dragonfly In Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn, The Fiery Cross) by Diana Gabaldon

Flashplot: Let’s make this clear from the start: these books are mammoth. Micro-summarizing them successfully is impossible. Instead I’ll merely explain the general premise and move on to the review.

Claire walks though a Scottish stone circle in her own time, just after WWI, and fi
Donna Arcara
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is not a series of books; it is crack cocaine for readers. I have never in my life been a re-reader, but as soon as I finished this series the first time through, I started back on Book 1, and read back through Book 5 until I finally FORCED myself to go read something else for awhile... in the meantime I'm itching to get back to re-reading the last few books. The characters are the most rounded, flawed, perfect, beautiful, heroic, infuriating, strong, real stars of any novel I've ever read. ...more
Bon
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listened-to
The audible is so fantastic. Jamie's brogue, Clare's English accent. Talk to my husband like Clare, Jamie, Ian, Brianna, etc like they are neighbors down the street. Hate that I finished. Am going to start to listen to John Gray books as I go through withdrawal. Best, classiest sex scenes ever. So loving. Of course I'm in love with Jamie and how he touches, looks, and says the perfectly romantic next thing with lots of humor. Clare is epically strong heroine. Since I'm a nurse I loved all the me ...more
Resonnant
Nov 18, 2015 rated it liked it
This book is so good. So well written and the era that I love. It paints a great romantic picture but leaves enough to the imagination. I love the history and can only imagine what it would be like to be transported back to another time where there is no electricity - to say the least. I believe in magic and things in our world that are either lost, beyond our knowledge but still residing in hidden places.

I definitely recommend this series so far.
Sandy
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first book was quite violent but engaging. I mostly read it because of a friend's recommendation. She loved the character of Jamie years before it became a STARZ series. Wee bit too much violent sex for my usual tastes but dinna fash there is somewhat less in subsequent books. I liked the mix of historical fiction and the magic of time travel between the stones. I do remember changing the font on my Kindle to a smaller size when reading certain chapters in public places. ;)
Tracy Stinson
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a great series. I have not met one person who read them and hated it. I tell all my friends that this is the one series that is worth your time and money. I bought the 1-7 bundle in my Kindle. I now want the hardback books for my book shelf. Not going to lie there are some parts that drags. She is a great storyteller and weaver.
Genny
I started with book two, as I had read the first one previously. It is likely going to take some time to work through the 6 remaining books as a I also work on other books in between, but I am excited to return to this world and the characters. Slow but sure I will read about Claire and Jamie's adventures!
Lindsey
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My all-time favorite book collection. I am a sucker for series because I get so attached to the characters. These books have it all...history, romance, intrigue, drama, time travel, mystery, wars, you name it! Definitely a must read!
Lesli Mayhew-driver
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am currently re-reading this series and found this bundle for my Kindle. I love having them all in one place. Of course I will continue to buy the hardback books because sometimes we just need the smell of a wonderful book!!
Dee Snyder
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! I fell in love with the characters and with Scotland! Watched the TV show and enjoyed it very much but the book gave me a better insight into the characters and history of the time. Really made the TV show even better. Ordered volume 2 and can't wait to read it.
Bill Errecart

Great stories and well written for all audiences. Ages 16+ written probably for women but very enjoyable for men as well. Great for historic references and some fictional characters.
Sara Bastedo
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yep I totally LOVE this series. I think this may be my absolute favorites. I cannot get enough. Books are super long but so worth it.
Petra
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite historical/paranormal/romance series. I love the characters and its like you are really there

• Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook
  • Outlander (Outlander Series, Book 1) by Diana Gabaldon -- Sidekick to the Novel
  • Twilight Series (set of memorial version)
  • The Darcys of Pemberley (The Darcys of Pemberley, #1)
  • The Clan of the Cave Bear, the Valley of Horses, the Mammoth Hunters, the Plains of Passage (Earth's Children, #1-4)
  • Last Day
  • The Dark-Hunters: The Collection Thus Far (Dark-Hunter, #1-22)
  • The Outlander
  • Winston Graham Poldark Series 12 Books Collection Set (Ross Poldark, Demelza, Jeremy Poldark, Warleggan, The Black Moon, The Four Swans, The Angry Tide, The Stranger From The Sea, The Miller's Dance..
  • The Highlander Series: 7-Book Bundle
  • How the Penguins Saved Veronica
  • Seen By Moonlight
  • Bad Ground
  • Moonlight On Butternut Lake
  • Diana Gabaldon Series Reading Order: Outlander Series, Lord John Grey Series, all short stories, novellas, and all other works
  • The Furies (Kent Family Chronicles, #4)
  • The Darcys: New Pleasures (Darcy & Elizabeth, #4)
  • Darcy and Fitzwilliam: A Tale of a Gentleman and an Officer (Darcy and Fitzwilliam, #1)
Diana Jean Gabaldon Watkins grew up in Flagstaff, Arizona and is of Mexican-American and English descent. She has earned three degrees: a B.S. in Zoology, a M.S. in Marine Biology, and a Ph.D in Ecology.

She currently lives in Scottsdale, Arizona .

Outlander (9 books)
  • Outlander (Outlander, #1)
  • Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2)
  • Voyager (Outlander, #3)
  • Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4)
  • The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5)
  • A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6)
  • An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7)
  • Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8)
  • Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone (Outlander, #9)