Start by marking “Thought I Knew You” as Want to Read:
Thought I Knew You

Thought I Knew You (Thought I Knew You #1)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  3,089 Ratings  ·  295 Reviews
Claire Barnes is shattered when her husband, Greg, goes on a business trip and never returns.

Unwilling to just wait for the police to find him, Claire conducts her own investigation. Her best friend Drew helps her look for answers, but all she finds are troubling questions.

With every clue, she discovers that Greg may not be the man she thought she married.

While battling he
Published September 14th 2012 by Red Adept Publishing (first published September 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Thought I Knew You, please sign up.
Judy I read it in 2 days in any time I had available! Could no wait to find out the conclusion.

Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
4.5 Solid Stars!!

Wow...

Okay I think I reeled in my emotions enough to write a review on this book.

I was so glad that I finally got time to sit back and finish this book and when I did I found that I had a really hard time putting it down. I needed to know what happened and how it was all going to come together in the end.

So Claire Barnes husband of about ten years goes on the business trip and does not comeback. Unable to just sit back and allow the police to do their work, Claire dives into her
BookLover
I stumbled upon this book in a backwards manner when I read the “description” for Kate Moretti's companion novel, While You Were Gone by Kate Moretti.

Then I was annoyed with myself because the description for "While You Were Gone" has some spoilers for this book. Despite this, the concept of the book intrigued me. Coincidentally, I saw it on sale on BookBub this week and was sold. I’m so glad I took a chance on it.

This book was so addictive! The premise of this book is like so many others… Claire Barnes husband goes away for a
Al
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, read-2012
It’s a good thing I don’t have to shelve Thought I Knew You at the local bookstore. I’m not sure where I’d put it. It could fit in romance, although the typical man who doesn’t read romance, but enjoys books with a female protagonist, would never stumble on it, despite its being a book he might like. Chick-Lit presents the same problem. The female lead is working through issues, not unlike what you might find in that genre; however, chick-lit is typically lighter and more humorous than you’ll fi ...more
Heidi
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Four and a half stars: A riveting read that brings up a fascinating question: Can you ever truly know someone?

Claire Barnes thought she had a good marriage. She and Greg were together for ten years and they have two adorable little girls. But something hasn't been quite right over the last year. Greg is distant and quiet and they don't talk as much. Still every marriage has its ups and downs, it is just a rough patch. When Greg doesn't come home from a business trip, Claire's world comes crashin
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Thought I knew You is a gripping story that has the reader thinking about a lot of things. I have to say that I would not even know what to do with myself if this ever happened to me. Losing your husband is one thing but to discover he had another life is a totally different thing.

Claire thought she had the best marriage and the best husband. That all changed the day he went on a business trip and never came back. As if his disappearance is not hard on her and the family Claire finds out that he
Laurie Carlson
This is an OUTSTANDING read! Mystery/Suspense/Psychological Thriller all the way! Yes! I am singing HIGH praises about this book because it deserves it!
I am really missing this book now that it is over, too! I feel like a lost puppy who can't find it's own tail, which only goes to show you how MUCH I LOVED this book! I really enjoyed it! Koodles to this author, Kate Moretti!
Claire's husband disappears in this book. This really makes me wonder about my own spouse! This book gives quite the shock
Cresta McGowan
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: women-s-fiction
One word comes to mind when thinking about Kate Moretti's Thought I Knew You: RIVETING! I was engrossed in the story from the first page and found myself staying up way past my bedtime (telling myself it was worth it to be tired tomorrow) to finish the book because I just HAD to know. That is when a novel deserves the word riveting; when you have to know how it's going to end.

Claire, a mom of two girls that is on leave from work, stands at the back door and calls for the family dog. Much to her
Christi Mcalister-cina
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I sure don't know how I would have handled the situation. I thought that the book was a really good read.
Dorine
Rated 4.5 - THOUGHT I KNEW YOU by Kate Moretti is exactly how I like my contemporary suspense. It’s edgy, but without all the expected gore and violence. There’s romance twisted with human imperfections, and family dynamics that are so messed up that it resembles what could easily be real life. You don’t know how any of them will come through it all unscathed, so you read as fast as possible to find out.

Why was this book in Dorine’s TBR? The cover drew me to it, but I had never heard of the auth
Lynda Kelly
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book and will definitely read more by her. I've just been looking at her other books and realised there's a companion shorter story featuring characters in this one so that's first on my list.
It turned out Claire was married to a real prize in Greg. I much preferred her best mate, Drew, I have to say. And Drew is certainly a really good friend-he goes above and beyond for her.
I liked the backstory of Cody as well although it wasn't until dog bowls were mentioned that I realised he w
July Is The Shadow Out of Time The Haunted Reading Room
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to July Is The Shadow Out of Time by: Red Adept Publishing
Reviewing for Red Adept Publishing for Blog Tour Stop Oct. 7
Review of Ihought I Knew You
Reviewed for Red Adept Publishing
Oct. 7 2012
5 Stars
A complex storyline which kept my emotions in a happy turmoil (happy because I was so engrossed I couldn’t step aside), “Thought I Knew You” is not just the story of a marriage, it is also the narration of an incredibly complicated mystery. I wager no reader will figure the denouement out ahead of time; certainly this reviewer didn’t, yet the unfolding of th
Amanda McGill
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-club, 2017
Wasn't a horribly bad book, but it was super boring with next to nothing happening.

Claire's husband, Greg, goes on a business trip and doesn't come home. What happened to him? Did he leave her and their 2 girls? Or was he killed? Claire ends up finding out that Greg wasn't truthful during their marriage and she wonders if she ever knew him at all.

I hated all of the characters, Claire was boring and I really didn't care what happened to Greg. I wished there was a bit more mystery, or action or
Alex Owens
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Stellar debut novel... reminiscent of Picoult or Anita Shreve. I can't wait to see what the authors next novel torments me (emotionally) with!
Gwen Florio
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stayed up until 3 a.m. to finish. Unexpected, yet totally believable and satisfying, ending.
Vikki Vaught
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. This book was absorbing and kept my interest. Lots of emotions and an intriguing, unique plot. I just wish it had a better ending. I listened to the audio and the narrator is very good. Happy reading/listening!
Carol Boyer
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having read Kate Moretti's Binds That Tie, I knew I was in for another great book that I could not put down and she did not disappoint. I devoured this book in one day, it tugged on all my emotions, often finding me teary eyed. Claire is struggling to understand and find her husband Greg, who disappeared after leaving for a business trip and didn't come home. Claire thought her marriage was a good one, although the past year brought a sense of distance but nothing major. Their children were litt ...more
Lovey Dovey Books
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kate Moretti's debut is unbelievably intense. Thought I Knew You follows as a mother of two young girls questions the reality of being happy and having a successful marriage. Despite the mystery of Claire's husband's disappearance, and the what-ifs of their past and future, the story is supremely family-oriented. Claire's thoughts consistently revolve around how much her daughters' lives will change as the missing-person case takes its toll on their morale.

Even if rare, Claire's situation could
Inga
Sep 27, 2012 rated it liked it
My review:

Thought I Knew You was a debut novel from Kate Moretti and for a debut novel it was fairly well written. I really enjoyed the plot and the characters.

During and ordinary day, Claire is waiting for her husband to come home from a business trip. When he is not coming a day after, she is contacting the police to announce her husband missing. Police is starting to investigate the missing husband, but Claire can't just sit and wait and she is taking the matters into her own hands.

She is ask
Tina
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kate Moretti’s novel, I Thought I Knew You, utterly captivated me. A story about a woman derailed, Claire experiences an abrupt loss of her husband who never returns from a business trip. Now the wife of a missing person, Claire climbs up out of her shock and grief and begins to search for him, but along the way she finds clues that suggest her husband wasn’t the man she thought him to be.

Although Claire struggles with answers to her questions, she doesn’t stop searching and in doing so she lear
Marin Thomas
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THOUGHT I KNEW YOU by Kate Moretti is an enthralling story that socks you in the gut, and leaves you gasping for breath. Moretti flawlessly weaves a tale of falling in and out of love, suspense and mystery into a compelling page-turner.

Fast-paced from the get-go, the story builds in intensity. Instead of kicking back and putting my feet up while I read this book, I was leaning forward, my eyes glued to the screen of my e-reader. Be ready for a roller coaster ride because Moretti teases you with
Tima
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
Claire is lost and confused when her husband Greg doesn't return from a business trip. As the months go by she realizes that she may not have know as much about her husband as she thought she did. Is her husband missing or did he choose to disappear?

A gripping first chapter and high emotions start this book off on a good foot. The excellent writing continue as the main character searches for her husband. There were places where the story lagged a bit, but overall I felt the story was paced well.
Kathleen
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
I would probably go 2.5 stars. I felt extremely frustrated by Claire throughout the entire book. The beginning was intriguing however, Claire's constant questioning of just about everything in her life and then not really vocalizing it to Drew was very annoying. Te fact that they carried on this friendship all of their lives and loved each other, blah blah blah....i know no one knows how they would react in the situation of your husband disappearing, but I found her character to be exhausting as ...more
Donna Weber
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
I read this book in one day. I really never give 5 stars, perhaps it's a 4 1/2....need to digest to review more. One thing is for sure, I loved it! I can not wait to read her other books!
Judy
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
So many high reviews...and I was so disappointed. The story builds and I was engaged for most of the way through, anticipating how events would play out, but then nothing happens. Worst ending ever. Nothing. Happens. Yawn. now the entire book seems a silly waste, like the author took it so far and ran out of ideas.
Kari Anderson
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From Goodreads.com:

While battling her growing feelings for Drew and raising her two young children, Claire must learn to live with the knowled
Janelle
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly I surprised by this book. I had never heard of the author before but I was intrigued by the synopsis. Claire's husband, Greg fails to return from a business trip one day. Although she reports him missing and there is a police investigation, she decides to do her own investigation with the help of her life long friend, Drew, and learns that there were a lot of things about her husband that she didn't know.
I flew through this book and couldn't put it down. I thought the emotions
Rosemarie
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is not the type of book I usually read, yet it turned out to be much better than I expected.

Claire is used to her husband traveling a lot for business. They have plans to have a Date Night when he gets home from his current business trip, but that never happens. Greg just seems to disappear off the face of the earth.

Amid the shock of wondering what could have happened to her husband, Claire has to admit that Greg seemed more distant than usual in the last year or so, but she thought things
Fran Macilvey
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thought I Knew You by Kate Moretti

I was so pleased to finally purchase Kate’s first book, “Thought I Knew You.” I have been meaning to do so for ages, but there never seem to be enough hours in the day.

I ordered it on Tuesday, it arrived on Wednesday, and I finished it on Thursday. It is one of these books that, having started, I found hard to put down, so have read it from start to finish without much pause. The premise is intriguing, the characters are believable, the pace is good and the co
Karen Fowler
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've had this thought a few times in life, usually after someone disappoints me by not being the type of person I'd made them to out to be: How well can one person truly know another? Unless you can read minds, you really have not one iota of an idea of what someone else is thinking or keeping from you at any given moment. So instead, we trust.

And sometimes that comes back to bite us in the arse.

For Claire, the main character in Thought I Knew You, that moment comes when her husband mysterious
Susan Becraft
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stellar debut for Kate Moretti

As I read this well-crafted story, I was in awe, wondering why I had not read this book when it debuted. It was beautifully written, the characters were well developed and the story was believable.

We all like to think we know our spouses, as Claire, the protagonist, thought she knew her husband, Greg. When he did not return from a business trip, Claire was initially panicked, assuming something terrible had happened to him. After the police and she began to search f
Book Club Giveaway!! 1 13 Feb 28, 2013 07:03AM
  • First to Find (Caching Out, #1)
  • Dastardly Bastard
  • To Katie With Love
  • Lachlan's Bride (Highland Lairds Trilogy, #2)
  • Artificial Absolutes (Jane Colt, #1)
  • Lay Death at Her Door
  • The Sun, the Moon, and Maybe the Trains (John & Tess Book 1)
  • Blood Echo
  • Correlation
  • Braineater Jones
  • Upload
  • Forget Love
  • Ever Lost (Secret Affinity, #2)
  • Oracle of Philadelphia (Earthbound Angels, #1)
  • A Passion for Pleasure (Daring Hearts, #2)
  • In the Arms of a Stranger (Shadow Heroes #2)
  • Nannyland
  • Stone and Silt
Kate Moretti lives in Pennsylvania with her husband, two kids, and a dog. She’s worked in the pharmaceutical industry for ten years as a scientist, and has been an avid fiction reader her entire life.

She enjoys traveling and cooking, although with two kids, a day job, and writing, she doesn’t get to do those things as much as she’d like.

Her lifelong dream is to buy an old house with a secret passa
More about Kate Moretti

Thought I Knew You (2 books)
  • While You Were Gone

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
  • Poppet
  • Mine
  • Ritual: A Novel
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • Birdman
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)
    $10.99 $1.99
“I hugged her fiercely and kissed the top of her head. “Oh, Hannah, we never know how long people will be in our lives.” 0 likes
“But the best we can do is love people as much as we can while we’re together.” 0 likes