Start by marking “Contemporary Classics: 24 Elegant Knits with a Modern Twist” as Want to Read:
Contemporary Classics: 24 Elegant Knits with a Modern Twist

Contemporary Classics: 24 Elegant Knits with a Modern Twist

3.21  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Some styles never go out of fashion because their elegance and simplicity have a timeless quality that endures as other fashions come and go. This new collection epitomizes intangible yet chic, classic style of the town-and-country sensibility. Stunning, easy-to-knit sweaters, jackets, twin sets, capes and boleros are inspired by the garments of classic designers and are b ...more
Published September 15th 2007 by Creative Homeowner

To ask other readers questions about Contemporary Classics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Contemporary Classics

Tonileg
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: knitting-crafts
Lots of sweater patterns with a 80's feel to the pictures and color combinations, but it can all be easy to modernize by choosing more stylish colors.
I really love the 'Linda' off the shoulder sweater pattern on page 44, but I'd make it in baby pink and off white and put the bow off center, but it is really a sweet and sexy sweater in 32, 34, 36, 38 and 40 inch bust sizes for 6, 6, 7, 7, 8 x 50g balls of 22sts and 30 rows on st st for 10cm2 on US5 or 3.75mm needles + 1, 1, 1, 2, 2 contrast yarn.
Dec 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a nice book - I thought the patterns were nice and diverse enough to offer a fresh perspective on classics. There were plenty of photos to show off the knitted items and I thought the layout was well put together. There was one particular pattern that I want to knit. I really liked the Bolero titled "Rebecca" and I would like to knit that for myself eventually. I can see it as being something I'd wear over sundresses. I'd probably recommend this book.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: ht
notgettingenough
This is Moss taking pity on her fans, a lot of the patterns being for beginners. I'm not nearly as fond of this as her other books. But, if you want classy brainless knitting, go for it!
Cathy Chua