Start by marking “De moordclub” as Want to Read:
De moordclub

De moordclub

Randolph County in Alabama wordt al enige maanden geteisterd door brandstichtingen. Zwarte kerken vormen het doelwit, en men vreest dat racisme het motief is. Maar rechercheur Jace Nolan, die het onderzoek leidt, vermoedt al snel dat dit niet klopt. Zijn bevindingen wijzen erop dat de branden zijn gesticht door een groep leerlingen van een school voor hoogbegaafde ...more
ebook
Published October 12th 2011 by Harlequin IBS Thriller (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about De moordclub, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about De moordclub

Start your review of De moordclub
 LEAH⇢
Mystery is not a genre I generally read, but I'm finding myself drawn to them lately…

Book Title: The Suicide Club
Author: Gayle Wilson
Series: Stand Alone
Genre: Mystery, Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Mira Books
Source: E-Book (Library

description
Well, it's not really a quote just my feelings, I forgot to see if I highlighted anything while reading this and I already returned it to the library. Oops!

description

Breakdown of Rating

Plot: 4.3/5 Intriguing premise, I thought from the synopsis that I had this figured out, but
~Megan~
I'm pretty sure this is my first Gayle Wilson novel....at least my first Gayle Wilson suspense novel, and I really enjoyed it!

Jace was aloof and tortured, just the way I like them! Lindsay was a little naive, and she really had me believing in some of her students. I had one of the bad guys figured out from the start, but the others kinda threw me for a loop. These teens were a little scary, and the dramatic climax of the novel could have been ripped from the headlines today. My only wish is
SuperWendy
Even though the suspense got off to a rocky start for me, I eventually got swept up in it and had to keep reading. The romance didn't work quite as well. Given the subject matter of the suspense, I found any "mushy love stuff" pretty jarring. And in the end, when the hero and heroine blissfully joke about making babies together? I mean, AFTER THAT ENDING?!?!?! Yeah, just way too soon.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Lindsey Sloan is a teacher at Randolph-Lowen High School in a small town in Alabama. Detective Jace Nolan believes her students are responsible for setting fires in local black churches.

A very edge of your seat suspenseful romance.
Julia Anne Figueroa
Had to read it off and on due to my doctors appointments and then getting pretty sick; but the story was so strong and suspenseful enough to stick with me. A hard to put down book that gave the opportunity for the reader to try and piece things together before the story revealed the slight twist. I can’t wait to read more of Gayle Wilson’s exquisite books !
Kristen
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: standalones, owned-pb
A mystery with a bit of sizzle is how I would describe this book. The characters are recognizable as those you may know in your life and the plot is something that could be torn from today's headlines. There is mystery, romance, and twists and turns.
Eswee
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
Murder and sex. It was like reading a Candlelight romance while people were getting murdered around the two main characters. It was another quick in between read, not much special but ok enough for during a rainy day.
Itumeleng
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This such an awesome book I enjoyed every bit of it. ...more
Sandra
Apr 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I thought this was going to be a YA novel, but once I got to the graphic seksi time about halfway though I realized it wasn't. What it was, though, was a very good and well thought out novel. High school teacher Lindsey Sloan's small Alabama town was rocked when three local churches were burned to the ground and the town's new detective, Jace, is trying to convince her that one her her students committed the crimes. Meanwhile, the school is having a rough time, grieving through multiple ...more
Jess
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talking about Evil Geniuses? This Terrifying Novel from Gayle Wilson will bring chills and creepy vibe around you. The fact that a group of Geniuses embodied her story made it so compelling. It made my night an arson of scary thought.

This novel caught me from the beginning until the end. The story line is just incredible. the character is so obscure that gave a frustrating feeling to turn each and every page up to the very end. The edge of fear that it offer, felt like i’m on a road trip the has
Kay-em
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
First time to read this author. Came across the title in my Goodreads "recommended" section and thought the plot sounded unusual and interesting. The start was not particularly spectacular (as the crime had already been committed and we only see the start of the localized investigation). However, the suspense quickly builds up. If you are a fan of Karen Rose, Kate Brady or dark romance suspense, then this will be right up your alley. While the romance is not as intensive, the suspense is ...more
Lea Wheater
May 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably my favorite of all Gayle Wilson's books (and that is a long list!) She draws on her "former life" as a high school teacher of gifted students and really brings her characters to life. Fortunately, Ms. Wilson never experienced many of the things her main characters go through (at least that we know of!)
Mary
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book of Gayle's was a bit slow getting started...but when it picked up...it was as great as usual...some extra bits of fluff in this one...kept me guessing as to the culprit...by the end of the story...I was still wrong...love her books!
Andrew Carter
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the suspense filled story with a surprise ending. I would recommend this to my friends....
Suzanne
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This book started off a bit slowly, but definitely picked up!
Shannon Clark
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-reviewed-yet
A mystery with a teacher as the central main character. What's not to love? :)
Edward
Mar 04, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
took me time to get into it but in all it wasnt great it was just good reading
Tbabe001
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicely done Good balance btw romance and suspense. Great characters although the author is bit awkward writing about sex....it comes off as something a guy would write.
Elaine
This book was recommended to me by my sister-in-law. The plot was pretty good but could have done w/o the typical love affair.
Maryfrances Wasilko
this was a good book, it reflects so of the tragedies in the world today.
Jessica
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this one down when I had a chance to read it. I found this book to keep my attention at all times and it was a pretty good read.
Kristi1717
Jul 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like romantic mystery, this is a good one! I didn't figure it out until the very end. Not to mention, the romantic piece was very good!
Jill
Nov 05, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
This book was okay. Not my favorite, but kept my interest. I found the plot to be fairly predictable, and had figured out the players about halfway through.
Tory

• The Boy at the Keyhole
  • Our Chemical Hearts
  • The King of Torts
  • The Protector
  • Psychopath (Frank Clevenger, #4)
  • The Secret Sister (Fairham Island, #1)
  • The Tunnels (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #1)
  • The Woman Who Would Be King: Hatshepsut's Rise to Power in Ancient Egypt
  • The Thirteen Problems (Miss Marple, #2)
  • The Body in the Library (Miss Marple, #3)
Gayle Wilson is a two-time RITA Award winner, taking home the RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense Novel in 2000 and for Best Romantic Novella in 2004. In addition to twice winning the prestigious RITA Award, Gayle’s books have garnered more than 50 other awards and nominations, including most recently the Daphne du Maurier Award for the Best Single Title Romantic Suspense of 2008, awarded to ...more