Start by marking “De moordenaars (Krondor, #2)” as Want to Read:
De moordenaars (Krondor, #2)

De moordenaars

(The Riftwar Legacy #2)

Net terug van hun veldtocht tegen de zwarte elfen die de levenssteen in Sethanon probeerden te veroveren, ontdekken Robert en Prins Arutha al snel dat er een coup gaande is in de onderwereld van Krondor.
Na de strijd om de Levenssteen tegen de zwarte elf Delakhan en zijn troepen in het stadje Sethanon, keert prins Arutha terug naar Krondor. In de stad is de sfeer grimmig.
ebook
Published by Boekerij (first published November 1999)

To ask other readers questions about De moordenaars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about De moordenaars

Matthew
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, fantasy, library, series
Middle of a three book series right in the middle of a 30 book series. While I love Feist, I keep getting nervous that I am going to hit a bump in the series and I will encounter some material I don't like quite as much. Luckily, that did not happen here.

Honestly, this is the first part of the series where the books are starting off a little slow and the story is not sticking with me quite as much. That is likely a result of the first book in this trilogy being based on a video game and the fact
Christopher Millward
Much better than Kronder: The Betrayal (which was more like a direct and lazy novelization of the game), Kronder: The Assassins gets back into interesting subplots and intrigue.
Edwin
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, fantasy, e-books
Beter dan het vorige deel Het verraad, dat een bewerking was van een computerspel.

Interessante sub-plots en intrige's. Het boek had een goede vaart en problemen werden opgelost door menselijk vernuft en moed, in plaats van te vertrouwen op Puc's magische krachten. Eindelijk zien we wat er in de jeugd van William gebeurde.

Goede karakterontwikkeling, een verhaal dat je lokt en je niet los laat voor je het helemaal gelezen heb.

Ana
As per usual, you get a better feeling with the first book of a series than with the second. I don't know exactly why, but the most controversial book or books in a series are the middle ones.

The beginning can always be three things: amazing, meh and worst ever. Based on that, you decide whether you're going to read it. Amazing usually indicates you are going to love the other books also. If you like it enough to start it, you're probably going to invest a lot of yourself in that installment. T
Belinda
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
- review kan spoilers bevatten-

Na de strijd om de Levenssteen en het offer van een magier genaamd Patrus waardoor een scheuring kan worden gesloten keert Prins Arutha terug naar de hoofdstad om deze in "puin"terug te vinden. Er zijn vele brute moorden geweest onder leiding van ene kruiper en de snaken missen hun leider de Oprechte man, zou hij zijn vermoord? En golf van meer geweld wordt gevreesd.
Nog steeds zijn de boeken van Feist volgepakt met actie, avontuur en humor. Vooral het laatste maak
Scott
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I've been going back to series that I love and reading some of the books that I missed (for whatever reason) when they were first released.

We have Prince Arutha and very briefly Pug, Pug's son William and the true star of the book Squire James (formerly Jimmy the Hand) who just happens to be my favorite character in the 30+ book series.

It's a stand alone novel - the plot centers around a war that rages in the underworld - the Mockers are being challenged by someone known as the Crawler. So we've
Amanda
It was awesome but of course I think all his books are awesome and for those I haven't read I'm sure they are. My all time favorite author, hands down. The characters are unique and vivid, the story-line entrancing. Can't wait to read the next one. This is a long series of books including several sagas and it is best to read them in order so I have been told though I have yet to do so.
Caius
Dec 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!!
Karin
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent book fast paced exciting, the characters you cant help to love (I have my favourites) now reading Krondor Tear of the gods
Dahlia Mrd
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: raymond-feist

Warning!!! Extremely addictive!!
Z0nky
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After Krondor: The Betrayal I was a little worried if author went downhill with his books. I read about 10-15 years ago one or two books out of context further into the series about Midkemia but what if it was last of the good ones?

Gladly that wasn't the case. This book felt way better than 1st tome of The Riftwar Legacy. It lost the feeling of the poor scritp to medicore RPG game and felt more like story. This time we focus mostly on one person, squire James. We get only one new character that
Angela
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I have been Buddy-Reading this series over the last couple of months with a ‘book-club’ friend who had not read Raymond E. Feist’s work before. As I have been a long-time fan of his work, I have compared it to The Lord of the Rings books but have actually enjoyed this series more. When I mentioned this to my friend, she immediately wanted to read the series, and convinced me to read them with her- not that it was a big ask 😊.
It is an epic fantasy saga- with wonderful world building and scene se
Cherryonion
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This story follows the usual format in terms of general plot and style, but I like that the author has gone back to fill in some of the missing time between the first few series of books. There was quite a big jump between the Riftwar books and some of the later ones and Jimmy didn't get much focus after his lively introduction so long ago. Being one of the best characters, I'm glad to see him reappear here along with Aruthra. You get to learn more about William too, after only the odd cursory m ...more
David Meiklejohn
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The city of Krondor is under attack. A mysterious band of assassins are killing off a seemingly random selection of people, affecting the power structures in the city’s underground. Squire Jimmy, previously known as Jimmy the Hand, has to try and work out what their motives are, where they’re coming from and where they’re based.
This was a fun read, with Feist’s character work coming through strong. It manages to finish off the story satisfyingly while also setting the stage for the final book in
David
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I was pleasantly surprised by Krondor: The Assassins. My first Feist novel was the precending Krondor: The Betrayal, and I felt the plot wasn't especially developed and the characters of that book had cookie-cutter personalities. In The Assassins, it feels that Feist put attention into characters' personality development and though he still spends little time on visual descriptions, it makes for a more enjoyable light read and makes me interested to follow their paths in the next book of the ser ...more
Gareth
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable story. Big improvement on Krondor: The Betrayal, though this isn't too surprising (and Betrayal isn't a bad story), as the Betrayal was somewhat constrained by being based on a computer game. Enjoyable to see more of James and Arutha again, and get to see more of William, and other interesting characters not seen before. Story itself is good, has a few twists and turns, and some unanswered questions still at the end.
Irina Alexeyenko
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
I was so excited to see another story about Jimmy the Hand and Arutha, two of my most favorite characters in the book. And to finally see what happened in William's youth was also a good surprise.
So far, these series are slowly becoming the most entertaining while I can observe the development of the mighty Prince of the West and his almost brother, Duke of Krondor.
Vera Maslow
Even in the dialogue everything was over descriptive. I just couldn't get into this one fully and I felt that something was taken away from the character depth that has been there previously in this series.
Taylor Ellwood
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is the second book in the riftwar legacy and while it is based off the video game created for it, its an excellent book and fills in some gaps about beloved characters as well as setting up later series. I enjoyed this book immensely and would recommend it if you like the riftwar series.
Rhona Johnston
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good old-school yarn
Zoe
Another good bit of drama
Barbara
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-fantasy
Finished this about a week ago, but I already can't remember much of it...
Joel
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than the last one. Well paced, well balanced, characters I enjoy.
Nina Schmitt

New York Times bestselling author Raymond E. Feist returns us now to a place of unparalleled wonders--a sprawling kingdom coveted by enemies on all sides; a bustling center of commerce and magic, vibrantly alive and eternally in conflict. This is Midkemia, where great heroes are bred, and its glorious center...

Krondor

Prince Arutha--newly returned from battle--is concerned about a rash of unexplained assassinations that plagues his capital city. And so he commissions his most trusted agent, Sq

Simon Barron
Monique
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The upright man is gone. The mockers have been eliminated from the city, and something dark comes for Krondor. Royal visitors from another kingdom have come to the city- the prince, princess and king of Oslako. On a hunting trip it soon becomes apparent that these royals all have a mark on their heads. At first it seems that this is to start a war between the Kingdom and Olasko and it seems the nighthawks are behind it. But nothing is as it seems in this novel.

(view spoiler)
Kailash
The Moredhel army has been thwarted in their mission to get hold of the Lifestone. Back in Krondor, a spate of murders and attempts on a visiting dignitary's life get Prince Arutha concerned. Jimmy the Hand employs his considerable skills to uncover the reasons and arrives at the conclusion that Nighthawks are to blame once again. Their pursuit takes him, along with William and Arutha, to an abandoned fortress in a desert, where things get out of hand. Mostly because, in addition to hundreds of ...more
Joe Aguiar
May 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second book in the Riftwar Legacy is another top notch fantasy/adventure. Story continues with more woes for Prince Arutha and the city of Krondor. Death and mayhem continue and a visiting Duke and his family are targeted for magic and murder. It's up to former thief Jimmy The Hand, now Squire James, to team up with Magician Pug's soldier son William and tough army captain Tregger to enter the den of snakes and do their best to make sure the assassin Nighthawks and their sinister allies are ripe ...more
omars
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A big improvement from the truly atrocious "Krondor: The Betrayal" (#1 in this series), which read like a bad transcript of a watching somebody play a 1990s computer RPG.

Like its predecessor, this volume is based on the late '90s Krondor games (which are in turn based on Fiest's world and previous books). There are still hints of the videogaming origin like "we have to complete this side quest before we can go to the next area", but the pacing is much improved, and it actually feels like Feist's
Victoria
What an ominous ending!! I liked this middle book even more than the first book! It was a lot more exciting! Jimmy the Hand is a wonderful creation and William is quite likable as well. Not to mention the surprise cameo of my favorite character, Amos Trask! The plot unfolded more creatively and in a much more exciting manner than the first book and I am interested to see how everything will be solved in the third part - though, really, this book did not seem to connect to Krondor, The Betrayal a ...more
  • Raymond E. Feist's Magician Master: The Great One
  • Days of Air and Darkness (The Westlands, #4)
  • In the Realm of the Wolf
  • The Shining Ones (The Tamuli, #2)
  • Alector's Choice (Corean Chronicles, #4)
  • Le navire aux esclaves (Les aventuriers de la mer, #2)
  • Shadowfane (The Cycle of Fire, #3)
Raymond E. Feist was born Raymond E. Gonzales III, but took his adoptive step-father's surname when his mother remarried Felix E. Feist. He graduated with a B.A. in Communication Arts with Honors in 1977 from the University of California at San Diego. During that year Feist had some ideas for a novel about a boy who would be a magician. He wrote the novel two years later, and it was published in 1 ...more

The Riftwar Legacy (4 books)
  • Krondor: The Betrayal (The Riftwar Legacy, #1)
  • Krondor: Tear of the Gods (The Riftwar Legacy, #3)
  • Jimmy and the Crawler (The Riftwar Legacy, #4)