Start by marking “Boy 7” as Want to Read:
Boy 7

Boy 7

Een jongen komt bij in een snikhete, kale grasvlakte. Hij weet niet hoe hij daar terechtgekomen is, waar hij vandaan kwam en zelfs niet meer hoe hij heet. Tot zijn opluchting vindt hij een rugzak met daarin een mobiele telefoon. Hij wil het alarmnummer intoetsen, maar ziet dan dat hij een voicemailbericht heeft ontvangen. Tot zijn verbijstering hoort hij: Wat er ook gebeur ...more
Published July 2011 by Van Holkema & Warendorf (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Boy 7, please sign up.

Start your review of Boy 7
Vivianne
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-3-stars
A boy wakes up in a sweltering, bare field. He doesn’t know how he ended up there, where he was before or what his name is. After discovering a strange 7 on his leg he finds a backpack containing a mobile phone. Relieved he wants to enter the emergency number, but then sees that he has received a voice message. To his amazement he hears: Whatever happens, don’t call the police. And he knows one thing for sure this is his own voice. Then a pick-up truck comes driving up...

spoiler free review!

I wa
Linde
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Really liked this! (The Dutch movie too by the way!)
Danique
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school, books-i-own
This book was my favorite Dutch book ever when I was younger bless
Skylacine
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Spoilers!
A boy wakes up in the middle of a dry meadow, with no memories and only a backpack full of random items with him. The boy, who calls himself Boy7, after a word and a number that's stitched inside his clothes, goes on a journey to look for who he is and what had happened to him, with the help of a nice girl named Lara.
As he furthers his quest for knowlegdge about himself, he discovers some mind-boggling things, and some people who seemed to be friends at first might just turn out to be e
Allie
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very great, mysterious book! A real page-turner! I had no idea what to expect, and I'm amazed at how Mirjam Mous was able to pull so much action off in less than 300 pages. The pacing was perfect; there were always new things happening, but not so much that it becomes overwhelming. This book must have been a blast to write, the author did a fantastic job.
I really enjoyed how the small details in the book had greater impacts near the end. What I mean is; everything that Mous wrote about, had a
Banu
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting and refreshing at the same time. I appreciate that I am free and independent
Arif
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfact
Bregje
This review was also posted at Books are stories.

A boy regains consciouness in a bare field. He does not remember how he got there, where he came from or even his own name.

This book has been on my shelf for a long time, but when I learned that it was recently made into the first Dutch young adult sci-fi movie I immediately wanted to read the book and go see the movie.
The tension in this book grew very gradually. The author made clever use of switching between past and present to make you very ea
Marjolein
READ IN DUTCH

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

A boy wakes up on the side of the road. He doesn't know where he is, doesn't even know who he is. All he has is a backpack filled with seemingly not useful things and a mobile phone. There's one message on that phone: "Whatever you do, don't call the police." It may seem strange advice, but the most terrifying part is, it's his own voice.

The story is not unlike that of the movie Paycheck, where the main character tries to
Flavia
A daunting dystopia that lacks in the writing style and action department.
I saw the German version of the movie before reading tis book and I prefered the movie's storyline.
2.75 stars.
Reese
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than I thought it would be.
Stephen
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, dutch
This was my first book ever read in Dutch. It was a little strange because it was actually set in the USA, which I did not realise when I bought it. I was expecting more immersion in Dutch culture from my first Dutch read, but I suppose there is no reason why Dutch authors must only write about Dutch speaking places.

Boy 7 (an older teen) finds himself alone on a remote world with no memory of who he is, or what he is doing there. He has a backpack, a phone with a voicemail message from himself t
☆ Naomi ☆
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books-own
Rating: ★★★★☆

I enjoyed this one. It was filled with action and I got pulled into the story from the start. I really wanted to know what happened and because everything remained a secret until later on in the book, I was really surprised of how everything turned out. At a certain point I couldn't stop reading anymore, I just had to know how it would end. But then again, the last chapter was so confusing. Would anyone mind explaining it to me? Did it start again or is it over? No idea, and I guess
Dingetje50
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who don't get paranoid easily
Man, this book gave me nightmares! Don't combine this book with lack of sleep and unfamiliar environments; weird things will happen.

I read this book in two days, and I would have read it in one go if I hadn't had to get up at 6am the next day. It's super immersive and it made me super paranoid. Read at your own risk.
Jenna
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok read first start was slow but afterwards it did pull me in.
Ellen
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay, but have read better. But maybe I am to judgy after reading some good phantasy series.
Esh
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystery. That’s the whole point of the book. It was interesting that it kind of zooms into the future and shows us what it could be like. Loved it.
Ericteur
Nice, quick read. I like the theme and the writing style which is fast and action oriented.
Jennifer Burg
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this story, I want to read it ink of the pages its a really good book.
Debby DeCock
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good book for teenage boys, did read it to help my son.
estera calin
a drawing with miscalculated proportions.
liked the ending though
Tim
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cool
On the Same Page
A boy wakes up in the middle of nowhere. He can't remember who he is, where he's from or why he's there. He has a backpack with a couple of items, including a cell phone. There's a voicemail waiting for him. It tells him not to call the cops, and the voice of the caller is his own.

This book follows Boy Seven (as he calls himself) and his journey towards discovering who he is and why he can't remember anything. Overall a pretty entertaining read. The pacing was a bit slow towards the middle; you
Amélie van Abeelen
i enjoyed this, i don't really have anything to say about it. ...more
Elyra Drake
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boy 7 is a Dutch-language stand-alone book, which while being immensely popular in the Netherlands (there's also a Dutch language film), doesn't seem to have been translated to English.

1-10 rating: 7

Genre: Sci-Fi/Thriller

Place it should be on your to-read list: Well, if you don't speak Dutch, you won't be able to read it anyway. If you do, I'd advise picking it up if you see it in a library but not going out of your way to get it.

The premiss: A boy wakes up on a desolate grass field with absolu
Simone
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had me in a reading slump, but at the end I got out of the slump because of the story that got more and more exciting. I wanted to give it two stars, but it's not a bad book and the story gets faster eventually ...more
Ingo
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Late in writing reviews since starting of 2016, sorry.
Watched the movie yesterday, the German one - it was filmed twice in 2015, once from the dutch, which I still aim to see and nearly at the same time from a German production company.
Not really sure about the age-group this is aimed at, I would say 12 and above, jupp, just checked on the webpage of the author, beware - FLASH Mirjam Mous.
This book is a clear warning about such procedures and has an ambitious ending, which may for some be unsati
Daphne Sneek
I think it was a nice story, and not that hard to understand. I would recommend this book when you wanna start reading, because it is easy to read and understand.
Barbara
Wow! This book is absolutely fantastic! I was surprised to learn it wasn't a translated version of an English/American book, but a book written by a Dutch author. Not many Dutch authors write fantasybooks and on top of that, this one is amazing.
It's easy to read and I was captured by the story right from the start. I don't want to write any spoilers, so I can only say: read this book!
I hope this book will get translated in English too, so I can recommend it to all my English reading friends. It'
Rosa
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has really shown me in so much detail on how it is like to be controlled and not KNOW you are being controlled. Mirjam Mous really did a great job on drawing the reader in. Almost as if she/he is standing beside the main character and watching it all happening before their eyes.
However I must say that the ending confused me a lot. What happened to Lara? Was she part of the programme? Is there supposed to be a sequel?

• Vals
  • Koning van Katoren (Katoren, #1)
  • Brothers
  • Het gouden ei
  • Spijt
  • Achtste-groepers huilen niet
  • Fout
  • Hoe ik per ongeluk een boek schreef
  • Room service