Start by marking “Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4 (Paradise Kiss, #4)” as Want to Read:
Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4 (Paradise Kiss, #4)

Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4

(Paradise Kiss #4)

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art." - Oscar Wilde. The school fashion show is finally here, and it's a last-minute fight to the finish to get the awesome ensemble ready on time. The drama escalates when a stressed-out Yukari literally passes out from exhaustion in George's car. No one knows if she'll recover in time to model for the show. Meanwhile ...more
Published January 14th 2003 by TokyoPop (first published June 27th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4

Jack Reynolds
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Yazawa fashion show is the center attraction of this volume, but what also blossoms is background development for Isabella and the introduction of Kaori Aso, who is visiting the senior fashion show after studying in London. She may be the cause of some questionable romantic angst late in the game, but, hey, new character all the same.

Yazawa creates another entertaining volume with the occasional 4th wall joke and engrossing drama. George and Yukari's relationship is still as much of a tidal
Luke Reynolds
It took me three days to read a manga volume LOL. *cries*

Thank goodness they updated the rating to Older Teen (16+). It’s a lot more fitting.

Putting that aside, this was my least favorite volume of the series so far. Yazawa’s very self-aware of the machinations of this story, and her self-deprecating bite is fun, but the content here, even with the fashion show, felt flat to me. At least we know George and Yukari are doomed (there’s this very foreboding feeling) and everyone’s calling her Caroli
Anna C
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Pauline
**Review is for the entire series**

OMG I've got such a book hangover from finishing this series. The ending... Aaaaaargh. It's beautiful, but a little heart breaking too. Or maybe a lot heart breaking. I'm a bit emotional right now.

Paradise Kiss follows the story of Yukari as she approaches the end of her high school years and her final exams, when she is discovered by a group of local art college students, who instantly want her to model for them in their end-of-year show. Initially outraged by
Christina
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I first read this series in middle school, and for a long while I didn't really understand it. Sure, it seemed fun and the characters were interesting.

Now, having gone through the motions of school, I appreciate Caroline and her break out so much more. Re-reading now, this series really speaks to me both for its nostalgia factor and for the themes and ideas explored in it. The people, their flaws, their strengths, their weaknesses - all of it is (to me at least) incredibly real and incredibly re
Jenifer
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Okay - this one was such a beautiful part to the story. The build-up to the show in the first three books and now we got to see the show and the beautiful dress and Yakori in the dress. It was drawn amazingly well and so intricately detailed. Such talent. Can't wait to see how the story ends.
Roma A.
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I hate George.
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I keep coming back. :D
Victoria
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A+
Summary: A fashion/drama/romance Josei series created by Ai Yazawa (who is also the creator of Nana), which follows Yukari "Caroline" Hayasaka. Yukari is an attractive high schooler, but her life consists of traveling from high school to cram school to home, and back again. The manga opens with Yukari running into Arashi (a punk) and Isabella (a transvestite), who are part of a group of fashion students that call their label "Paradise Kiss". Yukari thinks they are perverts (did
Mazohyst
Wow, finally the Yazawa show takes place! I was completely stunned by everything. I never really thought the characters had it in them. At first everything seemed to be going really well. Then another element was thrown in. Now I'm beginning to predict an ending. I just wish Yazawa didn't throw it in so close to the ending. It's a nice twist I suppose. I'm really becoming concerned for Yukari's future now.

(view spoiler)
Lara
Jan 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Yukari's made some big decisions about what she wants to do and finds herself playing catch-up back at school, and what with studying and rehearsals and fretting over George, she's not sleeping or eating well, which is leading to a few new complications! Luckily the show is just a couple days away!

I love the way Yukari gows up a little in this volume--though she's still definitely got some maturing to do--and Tokumori is super sweet. The moms in this series though...yeesh! One more volume...

Angela Auten
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Paradise Kiss Volume 4

Manga Rating: 5 stars out of 5.

Story Line: 5 stars out of 5. I read the manga because I watched the anime. I wanted to see how close the anime came to the manga. This volume represented episodes 10 and 11.

Characters: 5 stars out of 5. All the characters have grown on me except for George. Yukari's character is growing bolder and stronger. I started loving her more than in the first three volumes. I really did hate her mother. Her mother held her back so much. Miwako still
Ivo
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Paradise Kiss was an interesting Manga to read, for most of the time, I forgot I was reading a Manga an thought I was just reading a really powerful and intense book series. I really like all of the book to be honest, how the story develops, and how much the characters grow it's amazing, I really like the Author's work, and I am must defiantly gonna finish Nana series. If you like Nana, you are gonna like this.
Treasure
Dec 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
The student fashion show finally happens! Yukari's struggle with her feelings for George are still aggravating me, as I think he treats her badly and is emotionally abusive. I like the return of his mother, as she provides a lot of insight into why George is so messed up. Now that the show is over, the real question remains, What will Yukari do about George? And who is this pretty girl who has returned to see George? What is HER motive?
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, manga
For a manga that only spanned five volumes, Paradise Kiss was incredible and had a really fun story. In this volume, everyone scrambles to finish off their ensemble for the fashion show, and the stress is getting to everyone, including Yukari. All in all this is a really good volume and builds up for the volume 5 conclusion.
Kenza
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I really liked the fashion show, Yukari was stunning!! I also liked Kaori, she seems to be such a good person but I really feel that something is going to happen between her and G and I don't know what to think about it because ughhh there is just one volume left. And Hiroyuki just saved a little place in my heart he's such a cute, adorable (and handsome) boy!
Yahaira
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Solid volume, not quite the page turner the third volume was, but close. If the third volume was an 8.9 out of 10, this one's an 8.3. definitely better than the first two volumes, which are more like 7's. Biggest and best cliffhanger so far. Even though it's kind of easy to figure what's going to happen in the final volume. My heart is breaking a little.
Elefteria
Jul 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Generally I love Ai Yazawa manga! I love the complex characters, their unusuall way of thinkink and their intense lives. A few people that read it were disapointed with the ending but if it would end the way they wanted, it would just end up being another cliche romance manga
Jason
Jul 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
After all the doin's a'transpirin' in the 3rd volume, 4 gets off to a slow start, but then the fashion show hits and this baby is back on top. Gorgeous artwork, and the characterization remains top-notch.
Mika
Jul 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked this one, it was really cute. Especially the little scene with Tiny!George and Tiny!Isabella.

That dress man. It looked elaborate.
Lauren
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I absolutely loved all the fashion and different styles in this series. The characters were so serious and it definitely added to the drama and tense atmosphere of the story line.
Katie
Dec 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner
kelly
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
The shojo I compare all others to. Love the style. Yes, it's fairly insipid but it's adorable and I love it. My volume 4 has an alt cover.
Rahma
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The build up to the dress and the contest was awesome.

Finally some Isabella back story.

The art is phenomenal as always

Can't put this series down right now
Wee!wawaLAA!!!
Nov 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
This one seems a bit more boring. I suppose the beginning was somewhat interesting, continuing on from the 3rd volume, but it really doesn't seem to catch my attention. Oh well, just one more to go.
Elizabeth Frum
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite series of all time
Macha
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 stars.
Danyka
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'd watched and liked the anime version when I was still a kid.

For now, I got no plans for buying a copy.
Sophie
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-challenge, manga
The story has gotten much better, and what a cliffhanger!

• Mars, Vol. 5
  • Model, Vol. 4
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 5
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 4
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 6 (Marmalade Boy, #6)
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 17
Ai Yazawa (矢沢 あい ,Yazawa Ai, born 1967-03-07 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over 10 series in Ribon. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie

Paradise Kiss (5 books)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 1 (Paradise Kiss, #1)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 2 (Paradise Kiss, #2)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 3 (Paradise Kiss, #3)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 5 (Paradise Kiss, #5)
“Even if you fall on the runway, I wouldn't blame you. It would mean that we made a mistake in choosing you.” 15 likes
“I guess the fact that they made something they could be proud of is more important than any prize ever could be. I can understand that. The beauty of the clothing itself is in the eye of the beholder. Judging art on a point system in the first place seems totally ridiculous! But since I grew up in such a competitive, point-awarding world, I wanted the grand prize more than anything. I wanted to be number one and get all the glory. Glory, huh... how stupid!” 2 likes