Start by marking “Oh, the Humanity!: A Gentle Guide to Social Interaction for the Feeble Young Introvert” as Want to Read:

3.38  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
"Are you uncomfortable engaging in conversation? Do you have trouble making friends? Have you longed to have your deeply rooted social anxiety eliminated by a slender paperback you can read cover-to-cover over several lunch breaks? If your answer is yes - or if you're looking for the perfect birthday gift for that special nervous someone - the book you've been waiting for ...more
Published October 8th 2007 by TOW Books

To ask other readers questions about Oh, the Humanity!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh, the Humanity!

Alea
Sep 30, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-for-review
I find myself smack in the middle of the scale of introvert and extrovert. Probably a bit easier for me to identify with introverts so this book was instantly funny. It was the type of humor that is written seriously, you are reading along, reading along and then something totally outrageous is slipped in. It totally catches you off guard in the best way!

There are some hilarious illustrations throughout the book and I would have loved to have seen more. At times the chapters got a bit long but
Kris
Oct 01, 2012 rated it liked it
You know how you read that post on that one guy's website, and you thought it was hilarious, the funniest thing you'd ever read? And then you read more of his posts, and yeah, they were funny, but the more you read, the more you were, like, "Ok, yeah, you covered that bit already" and "This is a lot like that other bit I read earlier"? And by the end, you're like, "Yeah, he was kind of funny, but it got kinda old after a while"? That right there. That's how I felt about this book. Don't get me w ...more
Lorne Wald
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was one of the funniest books I've ever read. Maybe I need help.

Every so often I'll flip through it and invariably there's something there to make me laugh - even just the sub-headings, like "Putting the 'end' in 'friend'" and "Getting in touch with your inner somebody else", resonate. Or maybe you just have to have really lousy self-esteem.
Jessica
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
As an introvert (though not particularly young or feeble) I found this book hilarious. Social interaction can be hard for some, but with this book and the "advice" it provides, it can be practically impossible!

Yay! Introverts Unite (but only for a little while before we have to go home and be alone to recharge and cuddle up with a good book)!
David Peters
Oct 02, 2009 rated it it was ok
Short somewhat funny look at talking with strangers. It wasn't bad, but it definitely didn't seem to achieve what it was hoping for.

The man himself though has plenty of humor writing available online worth looking up.
Staci Woodburn-Henry
Sep 02, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Hilarious. I don't know if his methods work because I don't consider myself much of an introvert. Come to think I'm not even sure if they are meant to work. The book was so funny, that may have been the entire point all along.
Anne
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
I could count on one hand the number of times this book was actually funny. Most of the time it was tedious and often pathetic.
Aruffner
Witty, charming & totally Jason!
Debs
Jan 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008, humor
Galley, read this one at the behest of my boss. A tongue-in-cheek how-to book for those of us who are, shall we say, socially disabled.
John
rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2008
Amber Anderson
Sep 04, 2008 rated it liked it
This is supposed to be humorous, and it is, but its helpful too.
Joanna Lesher
Dec 05, 2013
Brenda Pike
Jun 09, 2013
WillowAtSunset Bennehoff
rated it did not like it
Dec 15, 2009