Start by marking “Signal to Noise (Psionic Frequency, #1)” as Want to Read:
Signal to Noise (Psionic Frequency, #1)

Signal to Noise

(Psionic Frequency #1)

It's been three years since the Incursion; three long years since Bastian and his twin brother Theo became the sole survivors on the planet Noise. Their distress calls have gone unanswered, and they are running out of supplies. They have no one but each other. And when the long-awaited rescue finally arrives, it brings with it complications that make being alone and forgot ...more
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 234 pages
Published October 17th 2012 by Less Than Three Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Signal to Noise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Signal to Noise

Start your review of Signal to Noise (Psionic Frequency, #1)
Julio Genao
Mar 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommended to Julio by: Ayanna
Shelves: dnf
yo quierooooooo... quería.

pero ahora no me gusta.

this is dull, senseless, and poorly executed on a macro level. i found the prose irksome, and the promises of the plot are not delivered until too far into it to matter.

for example: the team arrives on what they think is a derelict mining colony on a lifeless planet, and then are shocked—shocked!—to discover there is only one working shower maintained by the unexpected survivors.

and what good is suspense if it isn't hinted at or teased until the r
Irina
The premise of this book is nothing short of amazing.
Twincest? Not-too-hardcore sci-fi? A tiny bit of horror? Sign me up.
I'm happy to say the execution mostly lived up to the novel's promise.

This can't be a long review, because the book is short and the story is full of small and big twists. All I'm going to do is talk about the some of the things I liked and about a few I didn't.

To start with, I loved the characters. They are all easy to distinguish and have a very characteristic personality. F
Emma Sea
I liked it. This is a thriller with elements of horror, and I appreciate finding non romance fiction that includes m/m ships (especially twinsex, yum). The relationship between Bastian and Theo was excellent; there was a clear attraction and mutually interdependent relationship.

I liked the fresh, contemporary feel of the writing, with its emphasis on visualizing scenes.

The plot is basically Aliens with a spoonful of X-Files and a pinch of Starship Troopers but with aforesaid twinsex. Delicious t
Ayanna
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Guys, this is not romance. This is horror of the Event Horizon variety. Not that I actually watched Event Horizon; I stopped watching after no more than 10 minutes in.
I don't do well with horror.

Anyways, since this is in book form, I handled it accordingly; I ignored the graphic descriptions before I gave myself nightmares and my subconsciousness forces me to make light of either the situation or peripheral situations.

But these jumps...they remind me of this:

But I mean, the interactions between
ttg
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviews
A fun and thrilling sci-fi/action/romance about twin brothers who are the only survivors of an alien attack on the planet Noise, and have been living alone for three years, hoping for rescue, and developing a close, loving, and devoted relationship to each other. When rescue finally happens, it’s not for what they hoped for, and they have to navigate who is friend and who is an enemy, along with facing the real threat of the aliens returning for them.

What I liked:

This novel feels very much an ho
Vivian
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Entertaining read.

I loved that Bastian managed to keep up not only his studies, but fashion sense--dude had guy liner! Loved their dedication to survival and each other. Not thrilled with the more-than-a-passing-resemblance to Aliens in terms of the plot, but i adored the twincest. Guys definitely felt like siblings and they were absolutely devoted to each other and comfortable with their relationship. And the ending was great.
Breann
Action packed sci-fi with some added sexiness as a bonus.

It's been three years since the Incursion when Bastian and Theo were left as the sole survivors on their planet, Noise. All that time Bastian never gave up with their distress calls and his belief that they would be rescued. While Theo never gave up on protecting them and keeping his Bastian safe. But when help did arrive, it wasn't just a simple rescue.

Right away you can feel Theo and Bastian's connection. They're twins and have always be
Paul
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AUDIOBOOK PRODUCTION 5 STARS
I really enjoyed this, it was a great sci-fi that whisked you away to another world, especially when your not in the mood to be in the one you currently occupy, it made for a great fit. The 2 MC are twins who were the only people on the planet to survive an alien attack at age 13.
So by the time they're 16 (which is the age of consent in my country and MANY others) there's a bit of twincest going on. That is not the focus of the book however and the storyline is great
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.1 Stars

Oh, hey! I really really liked this one! It was a little bit Falling Skies plus Starship Troopers with a hint of Aliens...but only enough to remind me of those SciFi movies/shows, not enough to overwhelm an interesting story about trying to survive an alien invasion while also being betrayed with a hefty dose of Corporate Greed and abuse of power.

I'm definitely gonna read the next one to see how the twins acclimate to society after having been marooned alone for so long...plus the strug
Aղցela W.
This was an ok 👌read for me that was picked for me to read. I loved the idea of this book and I am not bothered by the twin sex but I just couldn't get into it. The book was well written with no errors in grammar or spelling.
Bon Tom
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was quite daring, audacious, interesting sci-fi/fantasy story with incestuous gay elements. Take what you want from it :)
Vanillalatte88
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book - it's a must-read in my opinion. I felt such empathy for these twins and their situation. The sci-fi element and universe was beautifully written (I want to know where in the hell you get these ideas?) and I could easily see every scene as if it were playing out in front of me. I'm pretty much in love with Bastian, even though it's not reciprocated. *sigh* This is a true love story, with action, adventure, mystery, science fiction, horror, and so many other fantastic elements. ...more
Bill
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Only diehard MMR Sci-Fi lovers.
This is a retelling of the movie Aliens plus Heinlein's The Puppet Masters.

It mainly serves as a background to twin MMR incest. It's readable, has some interesting plot points, but IMO, trivial.
Tifa
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the action and pace of this book, along with the characters who really made me care about them. Signal to Noise is a fantastic sci-fi adventure in an incredible world created by Talya Andor. I loved how she wrote the slow reveals about the world and its secrets because it kept me on the edge of my seat. She doesn't disappoint when it comes to making a fascinating world that seems real, along with characters I feel like I know. I would have loved to have seen even more build up of the twi ...more
Toni
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book, as I do any story by Talya. She has a way of bringing the characters to life and making them seem so real, that it is always difficult putting the book down until it's finished.

This story in particular is quite interesting in that it has a sci-fi/thriller/romance appeal to it that you don't tend to find much today. In a way, it reminds me of the Hive in the "The Rowan" series by Anne McCaffrey, but in a much darker, creepier way. The intriguing background sto
Icedave
To be fair, I'd give something between 3.5 and 4 stars for the book.

But some parts of the story I'd classify with some "horror" aspects (not really exaggerated but (view spoiler) and (view spoiler)) which left me uncomfortable and were just not for me.

Erica
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
2019 Re-Read:

It was fun to revisit this one. On audio this time! The narrator's repeated inability to pronounce the word "conscience" grated on my nerves, nevertheless I wish the second one was on audio as well. Guess I'll have to read that one the "old fashioned" way . . . as an ebook, lol.
Marsha Spence
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy, tc-bc
This was really, really good. The plot was extremely interesting and intriguing and the twins were quite compelling. I really enjoyed it and I think I'll check out more of this authors work.
Krissy
Gotta love the twincest!
S.J. Himes
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic and unique! Hits all my buttons for romance, action, scifi drama, etc. Fabulous book and I love the series. Second book was even better!
Alison
POV: Third Person
Kisses: 4.5 Kisses—very good. You liked it and would recommend it. Stronger plot and interesting characters

Review:
Firstly, this is a twincest story, so if that’s not your thing, stop now. Secondly, although the boys are only sixteen, they are legally considered adults. Rather than a romance, “Signal to Noise” is more of an adventure story, although there is a relationship between the twins that contains sex.

The twins are the only survivors on Noise, a planet that was once home
amomentsilence
I honestly wasn't sure what to think when I first read the descript for this book. I gravitated towards it because I saw the words twins and eventually realized that would translate to reinvest, but I still had my reservations.

By the time I finished reading, those reservations were quite gone. xD

I won't say it was perfect, because it wasn't. but daaaayum was it GOOD. REAL good, in fact. There could have been more overall world-building and character development going on between some of the cast
Aimee ~is busy sleeping~
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was so good. It's sci-fi with a little horror. Well-paced, well-written, and action-packed. Suspense factor was cranked up deliciously high. The Armors scared me to death and my heart was racing for Bastien and Theo near the end. I absolutely loved their interactions-and previously I've been very disappointed by the two other twincest books I've tried. Then again, those were solely just written as meaningless sexual escapades, and this is definitely not.Their physical and mental connection ...more
Mara Ismine
A fabulous read. The aliens are horrific, even if I picture them as giant woodlice, and seem to have no redeeming features. Theo and Bastian are very mature teens most of the time with good reason. The secondary characters are real people both good and bad.
I did expect a later scene with Jake, but I wasn't upset not to have to read it.
I have shelved this as 'romance' although it isn't strictly a romance as the relationship already exists and does not really change through the story; although the
Sue
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this sci-fi story.
If you don't mind twincest (and there was a good reason for this, well, two really - their isolation and their mental bond), I'm pretty sure you'll love it too.
Preston
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not great but fun to read for the idea of twincest in space. Well, but of course what are two gay teenage brothers going to do trapped alone for three years on a mining colony in space with no chance of rescue?
Ashley♥Alexis
Not what I thought it would be but still enjoyable. I'd love to see Bastian and Theo in another story.
coffee for wolves
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book could have had it all, I swear. The plot and plot devices were actually really good as far as my tastes are concerned, including some (maybe unintentional) Battlestar Galactica vibes.
It sure had a shit ton of things I love, including a form of space zombies (sort of, I won't say more). I am always down for any forms of space zombies.

But.... it failed short because of the writing style.

You know when you read ALL the good fanfics of your OTP and then you have to go try the ones you
LordOfDorkness
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a fucked up book with an interesting world and an interesting story. If you love gay incest horror-sci fi, then this one's for you!
Georgette
Oct 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Jesus Christ - pardon me - Holy Pantheon, I beg you, give me a good twincest novel!

This is going to be a long one. I’m trying to hide major spoilers, but I can’t guarantee that all of this will be spoiler-free. So read at your own risk.
First of all, I really wanted to love this book. I tried, okay? I like sci-fi. I like horror (since a lot of people mentioned it would be really scary). I like psi powers. I really like twincest.
Although this seemed like the perfect book for me, it just wasn’t my

• The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Frat House Rulez
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • The Husband Gambit
  • Kidnapped by the Pirate
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Seven (The Others Project #1)
  • Sinfully Mine
  • Grounding Griffin (Made Marian, #4)
  • Jumping Jude (Made Marian, #3)
  • Ink
  • The Gravity of Us
  • Top Secret
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • The 5th Gender (Tinkered Stars, #1)
  • You Asked for Perfect
  • Virgin Flyer

Psionic Frequency (2 books)
  • Klaxon at the Core (Psionic Frequency, #2)