Start by marking “The Secret Wife (Triple Trouble #2)” as Want to Read:
The Secret Wife (Triple Trouble #2)

The Secret Wife

(Triple Trouble #2)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  458 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Once, Cole Stephenson had loved his young wife with a passion so hot it nearly burned itself out. But Elissa had saved him the trouble. Shaken by his intensity, she'd abandoned their marriage. Too proud to pursue her, reluctant to divorce, for five years Cole secretly struggled to exorcise Elissa from his heart. But now she was back, driving him to sensual distraction as o ...more
Paperback, Silhouette Special Edition, No 1123
Published September 1st 1997 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Wife

Gail
I wasn't sure the hero and heroine in this story would ever get themselves together. But they managed. This is the first romance I've read where the conflict is about the couple's problems in bed. The hero and heroine are married, but have been separated for years without ever getting a divorce. Now she's turned up in his life and they both have to decide what it is they really want. It's an interesting take and a good read.
Priscilla Coffie
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow Susan its thanks to you that I now love romance novel because this is the first romance novel I read and loved every bit of it. I really hated what Elissa did to Cole, but in the end it all worked out great.
Cynthia Miller
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good read by Susan Mallery

Trust and misunderstandings are difficult to overcome. Especially when the two parties are apart for five years. Tissues might be needed.
Carol Rankin
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Secret Wife

Love and action are what carries the story. It surprises most people but the story is successful. Love wind all.
Moey17
A braincandy soap opera.
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Elissa hasn't seen her husband since she left him five years ago. Wanting to move forward and do something good with her life, she takes a job working at an orphanage -- the same orphanage her husband, Cole, runs. She's hoping working with him will help her gain some closure on their relationship. Cole is not happy to see Elissa and doesn't want her to work with him. In order for her to stay, she must promise not to divulge their marriage to the rest of the orphanage. While Elissa's hoping for c ...more
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

I liked this book, and Susan Mallery is such a great writer but it was not my favorite. I think it is because the couple were separated for 5 years due to a lack of communication, honesty, and trust. It is very hard for me to relate to characters who struggle with these qualities. I mean 5 years away from your true love because you could be open and honest! How sad. On a positive note, I loved the setting. I thought the orphanage was a great place for Cole and Elissa to get to know eac
Griffinyarn
Jul 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

I read this as a stand alone novel (There are references to the youngest triplet's romance but otherwise reading out of order had no impact on the story).

I really liked Mallery's writing style. The author did a good job of emotionally involving the reader. Characters were well-developed and the romance felt realistic and progressed at a good pace. This book had so much more depth than your average "penny dreadful".

An enjoyable read.
Maggie
Feb 07, 2015 rated it liked it
This is middle triplet Elissa & estranged husband Cole's story. The couple's been separated five years. Cole, a lawyer, now runs the orphanage he was raised in, while Elissa, a former child actor, leaves her hospital job in LA for a clerical job at the Ojai orphanage, with the primary goal of salvaging her marriage. Nice tale, but again, too many typos for comfort; hence, the 3-star rating.
Emily Higgins
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Cole Stephenson and his wife Elissa married young. He spent too many hours working to establish himself at a New York law firm. She had too many hours to fill. Elissa left Cole, hoping he would persuade her to return. Five years later, Cole had given up his New York career and is working in California. Elissa finds Cole hoping to reconcile.
Rachelle
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Elisa goes to work at an orphanage where her husband Cole Stephenson is the director. They were married five years before story is set but neither of them had filed for a divorce. Can they find their way back to each other.

I enjoyed this Special Edition Silliouette book.

Izzie d
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was well written and the issues were different and handled well but i was annoyed that although they both accepted blame, she took the majority of it. Cole didn't go after her or try to contact her even though it mentions at one point he knew where she was. I didn't like him much at all.
Captmashpea
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm so happy I read this book - it made me love Susan Mallery again. After reading a couple of her duds this book was wonderfully refreshing. A little choppy at the end overall it was a cute, funny, and believable story. On of my favorites by her.
(eBook).
Dyan
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the premise and the location of this story. I like how it highlighted the orphanage. Another Susan Mallery hit!
Cindy
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: k-l-m
Cole and Elissa

This book was better than the first in the series. The story centers around an orphanage when an estranged couple try and find their love again.
Jenny
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Good except for the complete innocence and obliviousness of Elissa. That was a little hard to believe.
Christina Aldarondo
Series gets better

Young love reunited, I truly enjoyed this book. Made me laugh, cry, and sigh. I can't wait to read Fallon's story.
Mai Mai
Ok

Annoying lead characters....really 5 year separations and no sex, or kiss with another person? Story is unrealistic and full of doubts.
Jessica Gardner
May 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
My least favorite of the triplet trilogy.
Jaquana McNeil
Jun 19, 2014
Mary Ann Pearson
rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2017
  • Donovan's Child (Bravo Family, #30)
  • Welcome Home, Cowboy (Wed In The West, #4)
  • Montana Mavericks Weddings (Montana Mavericks: Return To Whitehorn #4.5)
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • Recipe for Romance
  • The Maverick's Summer Love
  • Sheltered in His Arms
  • More Than Words: Stories Of Strength: Close Call / Built To Last / Find The Way
  • The Prince's Captive Wife (The Royal House of Karedes #3)
  • A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4)
  • An Outrageous Proposal
  • Second Chance with Her Soldier
  • His Texas Forever Family (Peach Leaf, Texas #1)
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart (The Larkville Legacy #7)
  • Her Accidental Engagement
  • The Blackmail Pregnancy (Modern Romance)
  • Backstage with Her Ex
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more

Triple Trouble (3 books)
  • The Girl of His Dreams
  • The Mysterious Stranger (Triple Trouble, #3)
“some quality time with a good book. Trying to” 1 likes