Start by marking “The Turn (Guardians, #3)” as Want to Read:

The Turn

(Guardians #3)

There. Will. Be. Blood.
After the Council hands down a severe punishment,
A Guardian declares war on the Angel world.

Before the end
Lives will be lost
Love will be tested
And blood WILL flow...
ebook
Published September 14th 2012 (first published September 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Turn

Start your review of The Turn (Guardians, #3)
Anna M.
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This sequel was amazing, it kept me turning the page and I finished it in just one day. It had adventure, romance, action, and some funny scenes.

I loved how this book showed a little bit of Ameana's soft side, but still had her usual self. One of my favorite scene was when Ameana and Emmy had their talk, it was nice to see Ameana trying to make "small talk"... Ameana also has a tiny bit of romance going on in this book and I think there will be a love triangle soon, that doesn't involve Marcus.
Maggie
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Ashley
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Couldn't put it down!! No, but really I did not put this book down for four hours. Minus the 5 minutes it took me to feed my dog because his whining was too much to take. It was amazing. I was so happy and at times extremely depressed. But, the real heart stopping moment is the cliffhanger. DO NOT BE ONE THOSE PEOPLE WHO READS THE ENDING FIRST!!! Seriously you will ruin the ENTIRE book!! I love this series and I can not wait for book 4. I have no idea what I will do besides dream up ways ...more
Mandi
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WHO ENDS A BOOK LIKE THAT?!?!?!? okay, now im just going to sit here and wait for the next one.
Christine Casey
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Loved the story!!! Although, I really miss Reese. Rio and Miku are also my favorites but Emmy whines a lot and never listens! I just don't care for her much or Marcus. Still loved the book!!!
Tarra
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I recieved a copy of this for review by the author so first i want to thank her for generously letting me read her book.

First i have to start off by saying "What a cliffhanger!". Wow, was so not expecting that one. But thats what makes a good book. Anyway, so this book, pretty much follow's the fallout of Miku (who now calls herself Red) turning. And boy did she turn. That is one angry Angel, if you can even call her that anymore. This book pretty much jumps right into action from the start.
Michelle Schwartz
Amazing. A story like no other. There are angels, guardians, paras, etc. If you want an excellent paranormal read, then this is it. Instead of vampires, we are introduced to angels. Angels and a human, who need to save the world. Of course it wouldn't be an excellent read without romance, right?!?! The electric vibes between Marcus and Emmy are so intense that you can actually feel it, while reading. She wants him, he wants her ... But something stands in the way. There is nothing Emmy would not ...more
Bernadette
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! This story just gets better and better. In this book, we are introduced to Miku's grief stricken alter ego Redd, as well as 2 new characters - one good and one evil. The character of Julian is further developed as is the character Tony-Tone.

There's a trip to an Angel Prison as well as a trip to Hell, but who is it that goes there? An amazing revelation about one of the Guardians' is revealed and one of the Akons' is killed. A second character is killed off and Emmy finds herself doing
Fiona
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. I loved it just like the rest of the series. Can't wait to read the fourth book tomorrow. Right now I know I need the sleep I can't get because I will be thinking of book 4.

IT IS A MUST READ!
Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald
Review posted on Audible
I 're-listened to this story.

This was a magnificent story even if it's a YA genre. I loved it and I highly recommend it, especially if you listen to it. The narrator's did an exceptional job with their performance and Lola Stvil captivated me with this series.
Jordyn Kinder
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Still had some typo issues, the same as the first two but the story line definitely keeps you hooked!
Marianne Campbell
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series get's better as it's gone on!
Kathy Edwards
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Kept me up most days and nights just reading. Couldn't get finished for the next one fast enough.love these books
Latricia McCall
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

I really enjoyed the characters, can't wait to read the 4th book. I love Emmy and Marcus relationship.

Great Read
Mariana P-Murray
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
definitely better than the last.
it's still not perfect and the typos are still very present and constant, but if we ignore the editing errors the story is pretty good.
the drama with Redd was definitely entertaining and the new character introductions are pretty fun.
The relationship between Marcus and Emmy is still not my favorite but I guess it's developing nicely.

SPOILERS

the bad:

The outburst from Wolf was a bit over dramatic in my opinion.
Emmys' little swim in the lake was predictable and
Lori Salsbury
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay, this review is not just for this particular book (I'm putting the same version on each book) but for every single hair pulling book in the series. I have rated the books mostly 4's and I'll stand by that because the story, had it been about something like super heroes, rather than "angels/demons" it would have been great. But...they're not. They're about...um...Lola St. Vil's warped idea of angels. Here are my MAIN issues.

1: She is obviously either an Atheist or not of a Christian religion
Melissa E.
Oh My Gosh! I can't believe that Miku became Dark! She is so nice in the book and now shes evil because of her brother? Can't wait to read the next book to find out what the team will do with the triplex after they found it at the end! I still can't believe that I've already read the 3rd book in one day, however there were some parts of the book that I liked and disliked.

After the council chose Rio to go to Hell for what he did to save the mortals, Miku changed into a dark angel unlike she was
Elisabeth Wheatley
After the ginormous cliffhanger at the end of the previous book, we pick up not long from where we left off. We learn early how it was that the twins died. I figured it was something like that, but…it really was horrible.

Okay, what’s about to follow is a bit spoiler-ific, so skip the next paragraph is you haven’t read the earlier book!

After her brother is sentenced to hell, Mika kind of goes nuts and I don’t blame her. I personally think that the Council sucks, too, I just wish she hadn’t
Grammar*Kitten
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: worked-with
I confess, when I first started reading this book, I was like 'Oh blah, bloody angels and bloody demons, blah.'

How wrong could I have been?

Lola St. Vil's Guardians series is one of the most compelling things I have been dragged into (even if at first it was almost kicking and screaming), and are compulsive reading.

Could. Not. Put. This. Down.

A lot of the supernatural/paranormal aspects of literature have been done to death in recent years, but these books provide a fresh take on a genre that
Maria
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It gets better!

The third book had a lot of imagination and much fewer mistakes than the previous one. Still for the sale price of $4.99 a piece the author should have an editor. However it was a very interesting reading with a couple reminders from other books written by different authors. Not plagiarism but scenes like the description of the floor in The house of Fire with the embedded hell bound people is kind of trite. Hieronymous Boss was an inspiring painter but still he was in Middle Ages
Gemma
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book. However the lack of editing annoys me

Another great book cannot fault the story line.

However the spelling mistakes and the grammar errors are too much! The editor should have picked this is, or at the very least these books should have been 're looked at and corrected and then 're published.

I mean at one stage I thought ms. Charlotte and turned in to a male! Thought I had missed something or I had read it wrong.

I just wish that self publishing authors would edit there
Louise
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I know it looks like it took me ages to read but it didnt I just put the app on my tablet I was rumning low on memory on phone anyway bqck to the amazing book.

this book like the ones before was amazing and I coukdnt put it down I would sit on a night wantin to read more cause I was wanting to know wha happened and in the end 9 times out of 10 I ened up reading more.

this set has been a good change to the normal vampire and genre I read and anyone looking for a change this is the series for
Marie Yule
There. Will. Be. Blood.
After the Council hands down a severe punishment,
A Guardian declares war on the Angel world.

Before the end
Lives will be lost
Love will be tested
And blood WILL flow...

And there was blood. Lots of blood.

Just when I thought a series could no longer surprise me.. Boom SURPRISE... I'm Shell shocked! Howwwwww better yet .. Whhhhhy. Yes you guessed it lots of ugly crying and searching for book 4 commenced.
Nunnykimchi
What an absolute disappointment, this is the first review I have ever written because I need to share my absolute frustration with these books. The author knows how to write a captivating story, but the editing is sorely lacking. Each book in the series has more and more spelling errors. What a great story, such a pity about the spelling errors. It is a disgrace to charge more than $0.99 for a book with so many errors.
Heather De Los Reyes
So much evil, well and goodness!

This book was exciting, thrilling and had so much going on it kept me on my toes. I was heartbroken with the death of Rio and in turn with the death of Miku and birth of Redd. The trials the team faced after all of it was almost to much to get through. I'm glad they did but it will obviously get much worse if the ending of this story has anything to do with the next.
Alicia Prochnow
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Aside from the horrendous editing this book was great. The editing was hard to overlook. But the entire storyline of Miku's pain was well written. It was also great to finally hear the Core everyone was so afraid of. Somehow the ending surprised me, I should have known based on the Sage and his cryptic words.
Pia Stone
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book series (so far) It begs curiosity and I found myself really engaging with the characters. I love how through the series, you get to know each character more and more and opinions often change which I really enjoyed. For anyone that is a sucker for fantasy - especially involving angels and the afterlife - this series is for you!
Diana Franco
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing writing in process. lola brings paranormal romance to a whole new level. She puts it on the verge of a love/hate relationship with you and the "hero" of the story. Your heart will be in it the whole way. Great read, so different from the normal, you WILL fall in & out of love with the characters. A wonderful twist to the genre. 5 stars all the way
Patience Cruise
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy Omnis

Continue the search for the Triplex with your favorite guardians.
Emmy gets stronger on her emotional and spiritually draining journey supporting Marcus and his team.
As new situations arise you can't help but question if the people they trust are really all too trust worthy.
Jessica
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jessica by: Amazon
I love this continuing story. Finally the Guardians learn where the Triplex is! I won't say anything else because anything I could say would be a spoiler. On to book 4. I wish the series wouldn't end, it's full of action, drama, sad moments and laughs! The end of this book will leave you heartbroken for Emmy, Marcus and the whole team. Just keep reading!
« previous 1 3 next »
Miku and Rio's death? 1 5 May 03, 2014 11:17PM
Am I the only one who thinks this? 1 13 Nov 29, 2012 11:07PM

• Runes (Runes, #1)
  • Luna of Mine (The Grey Wolves, #8)
  • Blood Rites (The Grey Wolves, #2)
  • Sacrifice of Love (The Grey Wolves, #7)
  • Fate and Fury (The Grey Wolves, #6)
  • Beyond the Veil (The Grey Wolves, #5)
  • Just One Drop (The Grey Wolves, #3)
  • Out of the Dark (The Grey Wolves, #4)
  • Spurn (Walker Saga, #2)
  • Crais (Walker Saga, #3)
  • First World (Walker Saga, #1)
  • A Shade of Novak (A Shade of Vampire, #8)
  • Order and Chaos (The Vampires of Shadow Hills #9)
  • Chaos and Courage (The Vampires of Shadow Hills #10)
  • A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire, #1)
  • Love's Cruel Redemption (The Ghost Bird, #12)
  • Descent (The Immortal Chronicles, #1)
  • The Last Uprising (The Defectors, #3)
Hi!

This is my debut novel "Guardians:The Girl" It is a story about a girl who has to save the world by staying away from the guy she loves.

Guardians (8 books)
  • The Girl (Guardians #1)
  • The Fallout (Guardians, #2)
  • The Triplex (Guardians, #4)
  • The Quo (Guardians, #5, part 1 of 2)
  • The Lyris (Guardians, #5 part 2 of 2)
  • Guardians: The Shoma (Guardians, #6 part 1 of 2)
  • Guardians: The Nycren (Guardians, #6 part 2 of 2)
“Yeah, it’s funny because you humans always draw us with a Bar. So basically every picture of an Angel you have ever seen is a picture of a convict.” 2 likes