Start by marking “Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)

Sweet Reckoning

(Sweet #3)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  30,141 ratings  ·  2,616 reviews
It’s time.

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protec
Published April 29th 2014 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Reckoning, please sign up.
Cynthia Knowing what he did with the girls he trained for Marissa, his father's "partner" he doesn't feel worthy because of all the innocent girls he worked w…moreKnowing what he did with the girls he trained for Marissa, his father's "partner" he doesn't feel worthy because of all the innocent girls he worked with. he sees himself as tainted and doesnt want to relive when he did to them by hving a daughter.(less)
Pearl Yes I think so. There is another book 'Sweet Temptation' coming out in September, but that is a book from Kai's POV starting from before he met Anna r…moreYes I think so. There is another book 'Sweet Temptation' coming out in September, but that is a book from Kai's POV starting from before he met Anna right through to the epilogue of Sweet Reckoning, so alas, I believe this is the end.(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,428 books — 15,823 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,546 books — 9,187 voters

More lists with this book...

·  30,141 ratings  ·  2,616 reviews

Start your review of Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
Wendy Higgins
Sep 14, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I can finally mark this as "read" because as of March 10, 2013, the first draft is done!!! I cried many tears, both happy and sad. It's bittersweet to complete my trilogy, but I'm so excited to share this journey with you! You have no idea how much each and every kind word via email/goodreads/twitter/facebook has pushed me to keep going. Thank you. <3

PS...I freaking love Kaidan. And Kopano. And Blake. And Jay. I want Anna to be besties with the 16/17/18-year-old me.
Jennifer Armentrout
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was by far the best in the series. So sad to see these characters go, but LOVEEEEEEEEE.
Lucia
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, paranormal

Sweet Reckoning is kind of book that makes you smile, laugh and swoon; book that makes you feel emotional and sad, anxious and nervous, hopefull and happy. It was phenomenal ending to this series and it secured very special place in my heart and on my bookshelf.

According to the prophecy, Anna is destined to free Nephilims and rid world of demons. But when presented with a choice, will she choose her love Kaiden or saving the world?

Book started calmly, with the hints of danger lurking beh
Ida
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Angel books and I normally don't work well together. I mean, we practically loathe each other. I hated it. And it hated me. And I'm okay with that. That is, until this book series arrived.

My love for this series has already been a established fact ever since I have read and DEVOURED the H-O-T-T-N-E-S-S that is Kaidan Rowe first book. It has made up for all the stressful nonsense crap and headaches I got from its predecessors (that I've read) in this genre. Many angel books have tried to win me o
Komal
FOUND THIS IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY WHEN I GOT BACK FROM VACATION.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

I HAVE IT MY HANDS I AM SO EXCITED I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT PUNCTUATION

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH Wendy Higgins

Merita
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
May 2014
"I need you to know this is different for me. I've never felt like this with someone. I don't just love you, Anna. I adore you"
Kaiden is like my hottest book boyfriend. I've never seen him, but GAWD-DAMN I melt when I hear him say things like that to Anna.

I cant believe that after all this time The Sweet Trilogy series is over.
description

I was a fan before Wendy Higgins got published and I have to say I loved the series from the start. There was lots of waiting around between Sweet Evil (b
Gabby
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When i find out its coming in Summer of 2014:

And then:

Cant wait for it to come out!!!!!!!
Pearl Angeli
"I don't just love you, Anna. I adore you."

I've never been so satisfied, so really, really satisfied with a series' ending. This is absolutely one of the best series-enders ever! I love Sweet Reckoning and I love the whole series itself. Wendy Higgins, you are such an amazing writer and I mean it with all my heart!

Sweet Reckoning is nothing but perfection. I love everything that happened in this book. It was clearly wrapped up as best as I could have hoped for.

First, there was a great chara
Patrycja

Release Date: April 29th, 2014
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Wendy Higgins completely astounded me. In this incredible end of Sweet Trilogy she’s used every trick I could only imagine to make it perfect. From the first chapter that slowly drew me into the world of angels and demons, I had fallen in love with earlier, to the fascinating, heartbreaking romance and strong friendships, Swee
Taschima
Jun 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Sweet Reckoning was the personification of it's characters, both deliciously good and chaotically evil. By evil I mean it had it's flaws. Unlike sweet Anna the book wasn't perfect, but just like Kaidan it was entertaining and steamy.

Anna Paquin is in trouble. She is trying to gather up this army of Nephilim to her side before the final showdown with the Dukes. Only nobody knows when the "prophecy" is to be completed, nor where, ot what exactly they have to do to make it work... Anyways let's ski
Victoria Scott
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fav book of the series, hands down. Epic story, epic finale. Why can't there be a fourth book? WHY?!
Penny
Overall, the story in this series is very entertaining, although, despite the fact that these books are for teenagers, I do think they are too vanilla.

Having said that, I have to admit that I have a big issue with this series:

The world that is depicted here is very black and white, it is based in very basic concepts that generalize the way things are.

After having read 3 instances of this series, I have come to have a big problem with all the christianity based ideas that form this “fantasy” wo
Ahana M Rao (Heart’s Content)
3.5 stars actually.

I was expecting a lot more. I agree with many of the reviewers regarding the climax and of course that Kaidan wasn't the Kaidan we see in the first two books in the trilogy anymore. I agree he's in love with Anna and that he's being good and true to her. But he was always in love with her (since when she gave all her money away in book one in Hollywood) and he'd stopped working in the second book as well but he hadn't changed.

I didn't believe in the whole "purity" thing beca
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
3.5/5

This book took me a while to read because it seemed to be a little boring or less action then the first two books. Overall, I really liked it and it was a great trilogy.

The ending of the book was really good though I felt that it was rushed. There was a lot of action in the ending in a short time which made it kind of rushed but it was good nonetheless. I loved the characters, especially Kaiden. He is such a sweet guy and so good for Anna (and vice versa). I loved the minor characters (view
Ashley
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-arc, arc
Nose Graze — Book reviews & blogging tips

2.5 Stars

Sweet Reckoning kind of ended how I feared it would: not that intense. From book one, I expected an epic WAR between heaven and hell. Imagine a war like the one in His Dark Materials. Huge, intense, all-encompassing. Sweet Reckoning didn't have a war. If anything, it had one small battle at the end. (view spoiler) The lack of a larger, overall war m
Peek At My Book Review
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, pnr
Rating: 4.5 Stars

This series is a must read. I loved all the characters, how the plot evolves through the three books and the way things are portrayed. It's an absolutely amazing series. I had an awesome time reading it.
Beatrice Masaluñga
Wow.

Ms. Wendy Higgins just perfectly wrapped up this series. From the start of this series to its conclusion, everything is consistent, balanced and that ending is damn epic! I JUST LOVE IT! Sweet Reckoning is just a wonderful, satisfying conclusion. It wasn't rushed and every important detail in the story is perfectly executed. Everything just exceeded beyond my expectation. This is really how you end a series. A total hands down.

The transition of the story is indeed fast-paced and I can't
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***4.5/5 Stars***

*Spoilers for previous books*

Oh, this series was so much fun.  I am always on the lookout for a paranormal story that makes me want to smile with happiness while my heart is beating fast from the romance and perilous situations.  And The Sweet Series did just that!  While I did have a personal issue with an event that happened, I'm sure it won't bother a lot people the way it did me.  But any who.....yes!  This series was fabulous, and since there is so much I can't talk about,
Fafiliebe ♥ Warner ♥ Raffe ♥
COVER REVEAL!!!!!

ANNA IS WEARING THE AURA OF LOVE... ROSE!!!

After reading..

It was fine, some parts were a little boring, and felt dragging.. however kai is still so cute, i needed more zania and kopano.. the last scene with the little girl was sooooooo cute..
Annnnndddd i still want little kaidens running around :D
The cuteness scale was the most brilliant in tge second book.. it was the best in the series.
Bree
Oct 26, 2012 marked it as to-read
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!
That cover...my god it is just heavenly.
whoever designs these covers, like good star for you. A+! 10/10 effort - they're a freaking genius!

WELL THESE COVERS JUST GET BETTER AND BETTER HOLY CRAPPERS

Hang on...
DOES IT SAY WHAT I THINK IT DOES?!?!

APRIL OF NEXT YEAR?!?!?!!?!?!?!

I. WANT. IT. NOW.
Danielle (Love at First Page)
2.5-3 stars

Series review (slight spoilers):

Oh boy.

Our story.
Girl meets boy. Girl finds out she's the daughter of a Duke (a fallen angel that embodies a certain sin) and an angel. Since she's 'pure of heart,' she's to lead the other Nephilim into battle against their fathers, who force them to commit their sins. They can be free and have a chance at redemption. But how will she ever keep her virginity?!

Our heroine.
Naive.
Farts rainbows.
Cries an awful lot.
Loves everyone immediately. Unless they're
Valerie
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm not happy with myself for waiting as long as I did to read this one. It's the best series ender I've ever read.

Let me start with the cover. Not just this cover but all three covers. It finally dawned on me what the covers were up to in this book. The color. Each book's cover color is the emotion for the book. I loved that because when the cover makes sense for the book, I'm a happy reader.

Kai. I adore Kaidan Rowe. As the son of the Duke of Lust, he's not supposed to love any girl. But he fel
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Originally 4.5 stars, epilogue bumped it up to a perfect 5 stars.

I’ll keep this review short and sweet. (Ha! Get it? I know, I’m a nerd). Anyways, Sweet Reckoning lived up to all of my expectations and more. In this final installment, Anna and Kaidan, along with their allies, work towards fulfilling the prophecy from Heaven that dictates demons on earth will be sent back to Hell and those Nephilim who are on the side of good will have a second chance at Heaven. Many dangers and unexpected road
Kassidy
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just flat-out amazing. The perfect ending!
This is by far my favorite book in the series. There is so much action and the relationship between Kaidan and Anna is fantastic!!!
I love the development of all the side characters and their relationships! I felt such an attachment to every character.
I also love the world and the angel/demon elements. They are so cool and unique!!
I cried multiple times throughout this book and the ending just had me in full-on tears!! This story and the characters are s
ambsreads
UPDATE: just changing my review to one star because this series makes me mad a year and a bit later.

NO REVIEW - but this was absolutely terrible, definitely the worst in the series. I curse past Amber and her "once you start a series you must finish" mentality. So much religious belief shoved into these books that it made me a bit confused as a non believer. If you're a Christian, that's great. I just don't particularly want to read about a character who'll destroy the world if she has sex befo
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on The Social Potato

Actual Rating 3.5

Before I start, it should be said that my rating doesn’t really reflect whether or not this was a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy and I can whole heartedly say it was.

This trilogy, I should advice, is not for everyone. Fans of JLA will love it, but if tons of cheese aren't something you’re fond of, you might want to skip it. It’s weird, considering I myself have little tolerance for cheesy stuff, but Wendy Higgins make
Nicay Magnate
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, kindle
description

Life was often so cruel, so ugly. And then, in the midst of all the madness, a precious gift would be placed in your lap, because life could also be so sweet.

It’s time for Anna to fulfill the prophecy.

The third and final book of the Sweet evil series – Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins continued on how Anna and her Nephilim friends will expose the prophecy together with the new and still unknown allies, she was ready to face the Dukes and give what they really deserve – to accept the rede
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
A great end to the series. Well done Wendy Higgins. Review to come!
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this trilogy. I think my favorite part was at the end, with Kaiden and Alile. Definitely at the top of my favorites list!!

• Opposition (Lux, #5)
  • Ceaseless (Existence, #3)
  • Existence (Existence, #1)
  • Origin (Lux, #4)
  • Accordance (Significance, #2)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • Predestined (Existence, #2)
  • Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
  • Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3)
  • Obsidian (Lux, #1)
  • Significance (Significance, #1)
  • Defiance (Significance, #3)
  • White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
Wendy Higgins is the USA Today and NY Times bestselling author of the SWEET EVIL series from HarperTeen, the high fantasy duology THE GREAT HUNT, her independently published Irish Fantasy SEE ME, and her indie NA science fiction UNKNOWN trilogy.
After earning a Creative Writing degree from George Mason University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Radford, Wendy taught high school Eng

Sweet (4 books)
  • Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1)
  • Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)
  • Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)