Start by marking “Under the Black Clouds” as Want to Read:
Under the Black Clouds

Read Book* *Different edition

Under the Black Clouds

Having attained near total control of his Earthly elements, humanity perceives itself as a master without rival. Man ignores his roots. He forgets that he himself is part of the world.

How can we dare to challenge nature’s raw powers when we still know little about this universe?

Yes, mankind managed to survive the first Flood. Given our technological advances, we might have
Paperback, 1, 282 pages
Published November 7th 2012 by Createspace (first published June 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Under the Black Clouds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Black Clouds

Jola
Mar 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review also on www.jolasbookshelf.wordpress.com

It was an interesting story with a promising idea, but it felt rushed to me. I liked the references to the Bible, though I would like it more if the flood started more slowly. The main character, Daniel, wasn't very likable, but I think I get why he was written that way, especially considering the ending.
'Beneath Blackened Clouds' is a nice story, but needs a little more work to get it better.

Thanks to Suren Fant for sending me an ebook!
Wendy
Nov 10, 2012 rated it did not like it
Actually, this book made me angry, right from the first pages. What was the editor, Haig Norian, doing? The Kindle version was littered with errors: formatting issues, grammatical problems, strange syntax, odd translation-like terminology. It was strange to have the hero, Dani, referred to as a 'boy' when he is clearly a man. I am sorry to be giving it such a negative review but if the writer could please go back, remove the Kindle version, add corrections, tighten up the narrative so that the s ...more
Luc
Nov 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012, adult
This book was very surprising, autor created a very interesting dark story. I like it. Author keeps the the reader guessing long enogh even though it comes to the moment when the reader knows what is happenning. Suddenly the heroes come to the story.

Daniel is a hero whom you have to love. He is able to see the things with a cool head.

The book is written in a very easy understanding language and style. Its reading should not make any troubles even to beginner readers. This book is one of the book
Suren Hakobyan
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a very deep book. It makes the reader to think about how he or she lives.

Man thinks he is the lord of Earth. But nature will no longer stand for man's excess, greed, and hubris.

In a single night, everything is wiped clean. No planes flying overhead. No radio signals. No light. Everything is gone. The flood has erased every road, every house, and countless memories.

The book has been re-edited and has been republished on 7th of December.
Jakenv
Oct 28, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a "black" story which drew me in for the long haul. Author has interesting plot line without your usual happy ending. Will read more from this author.
Anncleire
Sep 28, 2012 rated it liked it
“Under the black clouds” mi è stato gentilmente regalato dalla sua autrice Suren Hakobyan, una scrittrice armena in cambio della mia recensione. Generalmente non dico mai di no ad un libro, io adoro leggere e mi interessa praticamente di tutto. Certo ho anche io delle preferenze, distopie e romance in primo luogo, ma generalmente non dico mai ad un libro che parla di soprannaturale. La trama di questo mi aveva incuriosita ma non avrei mai immaginato quello che poi mi sono trovata di fronte.

La st
B
Feb 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suren gave me an e-copy of this book to read in return for an honest review.

I tip my hat to anyone who can sit down and write an entire book, so I applaud the effort.

I liked the concept of the book and the overall storyline, but some writing efforts made me feel distracted as I read.

First, the timeline. Right off the bat there are cliched references to the bible when all that is happening is a strong rain storm. This is happening as Daniel gets out of work and rushes to meet his girlfriend. An h
Cat
Nov 11, 2012 rated it did not like it
First of all, this book needs a good editor, as many of the errors I found are easy to fix (missing words, missing punctuation, unnecessary spaces, etc).

Other notes about this book that I didn't really enjoy:
- odd formal tone
- don't like that Daniel is referred to as 'the boy'
- repetitive or stating the obvious
- random tense changes, many of which are mid-sentence
- lack of flow
- zero chemistry between the two main characters
- story is too drawn out

The good news:
- the cover art is nice
- concept i
Vicki
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a digital copy of "Beneath Blackened Clouds" by Suren Fant from the author in return for a honest review.

To start things off I should say that this story is a quite interesting take on the great flood from the Bible happening again and something else being the cause other than God's wrath.

This is how the story goes, Daniel, our main character, and his girlfriend Milena are on a date and the weather starts to turn bad, pouring down buckets of rain. So they decide to go home. Soon they
☆Joycedale☆
Jan 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, r2r
The blurb to this sounded really good but then I started it and Daniel was just a jerk. His mood swings reminded me of my bipolar friend when she was off her meds.
The world is flooding but of course they don't realize that at first. Daniel and Milena are on a date when they decide they should get home. They fight their way through the storm only to get stuck at Daniel's apartment.
Daniel's best friend Edward lives in the building (which we don't find out that for awhile. I just thought they was n
Kenechi Udogu
I don’t usually breakdown ratings when I review books but I have to this time. Why? I loved the story and it freaked me out so much that I had to occasionally look up to remind myself that it wasn’t real. But (and this is a humongous but), whoever translated and edited the story massively let it down. In fact, if I wasn’t hooked from pretty early on in the story, I would have dropped the book after a few chapters in. The edition I read was riddled with spelling and grammatical errors and additio ...more
Terri Christie
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-4-author
This new twist on Noah and the Arc plays to the mind of the dark and wicked. When the rains begin all assume that it will stop by daybreak and the flooding with subside. When the rain grows stronger and the flooding has covered the 1st floor of his apartment building Daniel, Milena and Edward head out into the storm with a borrowed boat only to find themselves trapped in another apartment building. This battle between good and evil cannot be seen by the naked eye, what the water brings is not li ...more
Brenda Seaberg
This wasn't a knock-your-socks-off kind of book for me. The concept was great, so I was pleased with the uniqueness of the storyline. However while the book had some really good fast-moving spots for me, it seemed there were others where I felt mired down in details and just wasn't getting anywhere fast with my reading. I have lots of things going on right now in my life, so it's possible that it's just the timing for me reading this book. I did enjoy it enough, however, that I would look for mo ...more
Alannah Clarke
I recieved this book from the author to review. There are a few small points that annoyed me a little. There was odd tone throughout the book that made it far too formal. I understand that the book has been translated to English but I felt the book was a bit repetitive plus the lack of chemistry between the two characters, which for me did ruin the book a little.

However, the concept of the book was really good, there was some good explanation but the errors did ruin it for me. I think another lo
Joan Spanser
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The book is very intriguing. Daniel is determined young man I liked him. He is the one who never gives up.
I like the way the author presents the mystical things in rainwater. He really has a good plot of imagination. The moment comes you think you know the end, but it's unexpected.
I don't like the relationship between Daniel and Milena. It's weird however maybe because of that she's virgin.
Anyway I think this is a good book to be read.
Michael Anderson
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Finished. I like how the author describes the flooding, the evil and the feelings of the heroes, specifically Daniel's feelings. Yes, he's a bit selfish but he fights for his beloved Milena even at the cost of his life. The rainwater is black, it includes something horrible. While the people realize it Daniel has already felt it, but the salvation is too dark and almost unreachable.
And the end - I think it is unexpected, yes.
Erica Ramsey
In some ways I liked this but in other ways I really didn't. For one thing, this story was incredibly dark and had an unhappy ending. Throughout the entire story I kept thinking, "God, this is depressing!" However, I did like the overall idea behind this. It was very intense, and kept me on the edge of my seat. The ending did seem rather rushed though. Not bad, but could be better.
Lauren
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
The tone of this book is odd to say the least. I felt kind of affronted and almost chastised reading this. There was also a great deal of repetition throughout and no chemistry between the two main characters which is a major flaw in my book.

Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Kerry
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely a book to make you think in this world we live in today which is full of selfish obsessions. Yet, one man can make the difference.......but will he make the right decisions for all or just one? I enjoyed reading this book immensely. It has a great imaginative setting yet close to it's mark on the side of mankind. Highly recommended read.
Jayson Cruise
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story. It hasn't happy enging but it is logical.
Daniel is very interesting image-usual man. He is not a perfection, he makes mistakes realizing them then. But he loves and he's ready to die for his love.
Gloria Pearson-Vasey
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book has an intriguing story idea - the world ending in a deluge of rain. However, it is poorly translated into English and is badly in need of editing. Despite this, I became caught up in the plot and was curious enough to jump to the concluding chapters to see how it ended.
Sabrina Bradley
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book PDF for free from the author...really liked this book...keeps you on your toes trying to guess what will happen next...another age old story with a big twist.
NVTony
Oct 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Liked the concept but found a bit drawn out. Main Characters were well fleshed out. In light of hurricane Sandy probably bit of a downer.
Shelly
Dec 25, 2012
Horror Aficionados : R2R: Beneath Blackened Clouds 1 9 May 02, 2014 05:35AM
Shut Up & Read: Michael's reviews 1 12 Dec 18, 2012 09:54PM
  • Dangerous Memories
  • The Taste of Magic (The Taste of Magic, #1)
  • The Shattered Door
  • Futuredaze: An Anthology of YA Science Fiction (Futuredaze, #1)
  • Dungeon Brain
  • Hilltop Manor - Gale's Story
  • All My Crimes
  • The Libertine (Taskill Witches, #2)
  • Caterpillar (The Metamorphosis Trilogy #1)
  • The Halloween Orgy Massacre
  • Star Watchers
  • Dragon Empire
  • Who Shot The Sheriff?
  • The Spirit Master
  • Behind the Tears (Behind the Lives, #2)
  • Unfaded
  • The Sundered
  • Lark's Quest (The Deeds of the Ariane Novellas, #1)
Suren Hakobyan is the author of fantasy and horror stories, Godforsaken (Shade of Light series), Edge of End, Touching Freedom.

Suren has been interested in mystery and fantasy stories and movies from early ages, that's why in his created books and short stories there is always an unpredictable mystery.

Suren doesn't like stories with unreal and predictable happy-endings. The end of any story should