Start by marking “Comes Out of Darkness Morn (Sacrifices Arc, #3)” as Want to Read:
Comes Out of Darkness Morn (Sacrifices Arc, #3)

Comes Out of Darkness Morn

(Sacrifices Arc #3)

Fandom: Harry Potter
--------------------------------------------------
AU of PoA, Slytherin!Harry. Harry struggles to rebuild himself after the shattering events of his second year. He will finally learn the truths he needs to know...but they're hardly going to be pleasant ones.

Cover art by Kenobisgal (deviantart.com).
Published December 23rd 2005 by Fanfiction.net

To ask other readers questions about Comes Out of Darkness Morn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Comes Out of Darkness Morn

Start your review of Comes Out of Darkness Morn (Sacrifices Arc, #3)
Julesmarie
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drarry, fantasy, free, fanfic
Whew. This just keeps getting more and more intricate and more and more fascinating.

I'm delighted with the answers we were given in this one (even if I did have to wait until almost the end of 300k words to get them...) and can't wait to see the way the rest of this series is going to play out.

I continue to be impressed by the way the author has been able to take J.K. Rowling's world and by altering just one or two little things manage to turn everything on its head. I'm intrigued by the way the
David Curtiss
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love these books. I read them with my wife a few summers back, but did not make it beyond the fifth book, Wind That Shakes the Seas and Stars. It's such an amazing experience to re-read them now, having forgotten a lot of the minutiae, and have all of the stunning realizations, impressive plot progression, and thunderous displays of magic come slamming back into me. The author, Lightning on the Wave, did an outstanding job in weaving together an extremely compelling tale and reordering the Har ...more
Roxana Chirilă
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started re-reading the Sacrifices arc because I found myself referencing it and thinking about it over and over again lately - and I realized I was forgetting details, and perhaps whole plots.

It's a beautifully crafted story, which really comes into its own in "Comes out of Darkness Morn" - full of psychological detail, of wonderful world-crafting, of interesting characters, of endless plot twists and wonders.

Some of the scenes remain ever-vivid in my mind: that of dark witches and wizards da
Anna Kļaviņa
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Harry/Draco friendship
Slytherin!Harry
Mentor!Snape
AU

I would like to know who Lightning on the Wave is and what else s/he has written.
Debbie Hazeleger
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
More plot twists than you can count and this is where things go completely bonkers.
amruta
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Whoa.

Rtc.

Edited 11/16/2015

I honestly don't know what to say about this. It was ridiculously long, but everything fit perfectly, and it kept me guessing what exactly was going on until the very end. I had suspected the final twist (view spoiler) but I didn't think that (view spoiler)!

No matter how much I hated Sirius for most of this (and wasn't that a surprise), I actually felt really sad wh
Kate
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fanfiction, fantasy
As I said previously, this is better than fan fiction has any right to be. The way that magic is written makes you see it and feel it in a unique and wonderful way. And while I had a few moments of thinking "why is that character doing/saying/acting like that? Real people don't act like that", all of my objections had reasonable explanations. This is really well-written.
Ian
EXTREMELY AWESOME. Engaged reading from the very start. I love nefarious authors that put this much deviousness and planning into their writing! This series is just consistently good, and I'm confident in my lot with Lighting on the Wave. Hoo-ra.

*Antagonists and Protagonists: (view spoiler)
Janina
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I don't really know what to say here lol. I still absolutely love Harry/Draco and Harry/Malfoys relationships. (view spoiler) I also still like Harry/Hermione. That didn't change a bit.

I liked how the book handled the free will/compulsion discussion and I'm also happy that a few tedious characters don't get as much 'screen time' in this one, too. I wish the time trave
Monika
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action, fantasy, magic
Sometimes over dragging and lengthy, but most of the time very emotion-inducing, well-thought-through, and dark. I am really interested in what will happen in the next books! 10/10 would recommend!

Just a warning, Connor is really dumb in this one. (but I guess we already knew based on previous books :D)

--------------
On another note: Is there a way of downloading the books, so I wouldn't have to read it on my computer? If ANYONE knows, please let me know, I will be forever grateful!!!
Eri
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-en, fanfiction
I'm enjoying this series a lot. We're getting darker, characters started dying, there's some resurrection going on (tho, I was waiting for this one since like the previous book), and while I still see plenty of that older-than-adults, I am getting the appropriate vibe also otherwise, so let's continue with this adventure.
Dominique
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
All the plot twists!

Loving this series.
Lynda
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good series, but I need a break.
Jordan
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
This is my third attempt at reading this series as I faltered and lost interested in the third book during the first two. Finally have dredged through it, I can offer my review.

What happened? The author forgot an important rule: avoid telling your audience things they already know. This book is nearly twice as long as the last (which edged on 5 stars for me) yet the number of major plot points addressed felt like less than half. The reason? The author wastes several sections of most chapters des
Menglong Youk
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing

After 1600 pages, I think I started to get familiar with this mostly-new-behavior-characters series, Sacrifice Arc, set on J. K. Rowling World, Harry Potter. I'm amazed by how much young Harry could balance and bear with all the situations he's facing this this book, education, his family, especially his brother, Lord Voldemort and many more. The way the author introduced new kind of magic into this series adding to the original ones is quite admirable. So many point of views as this bo
Ashley Chandler
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Colleen
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ff, guilty-pleasure
The problem with this series is that the way Harry pushes himself along so determinedly, there is NO good stopping place. This book has some great, notable achievements for his development that are quite empowering but it doesn't matter because I just had to push seamlessly on into the next book. And the rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper, more complex, and better-fleshed-out.
M
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Marvellous. Epic. I am a complete sucker for books with epic storylines, deep emotions, difficult choices, magic, heroic actions, etc. This has all of those.

Have already started at the 4th book. My Kindle estimates it's over 18 hours of reading. Well then.
Brian
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!
Elena
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series is getting better and better. So much going on and the characters are fascinating! Can't wait to start reading the next installment.
Saya
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fanfic, m-m, magic, paranormal
4.5
Vivid4674
Loved Snape the best. self doubting Harry was irritating.
Tami
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bloody brilliant!
Lumissa
Holy. Plot twist.

(Longer review coming later... probably.)
Yasmine

• At Your Service
  • Tea and No Sympathy
  • A Black Comedy
  • A Champion's New Hope
  • Temptation on the Warfront (Temptations, #1)
  • Wind Shear
  • 0800-Rent-A-Hero
  • The World Without Me
  • The Darkness Within
  • A Brand New Start (A Brand New Start, #1)
  • Heroes Assemble!
  • Saints and Misfits
  • Harry Crow
  • The Serpentine Subterfuge (Rigel Black, #2)
  • The Pureblood Pretense (Rigel Black, #1)
  • Irresistible Poison
  • When In Doubt, Obliviate
Also known as Limyaael.

Sacrifices Arc (7 books)
  • Saving Connor (Sacrifices Arc, #1)
  • No Mouth But Some Serpent's (Sacrifices Arc, #2)
  • Freedom And Not Peace (Sacrifices arc, #4)
  • Wind That Shakes the Seas and Stars (Sacrifices Arc, #5)
  • A Song In Time of Revolution (Sacrifices arc, #6)
  • I Am Also Thy Brother (Sacrifices arc, #7)